Fjolsvin October 28th, 2013 4:57pm

I recently lost a few followers due to vast differences in political stance. Have you ever unfollowed someone because they vehemently disagreed with you?

lyyved Virginia
10/29/13 2:31 pm

I have unfollowed people strongly disagreed with me AND were nasty about it.

pietsch Another Adoring Fan
10/29/13 7:07 am

Yes. Usually because I begin to find them an intolerable idealistic bore.

MrMilkdud
10/28/13 3:29 pm

I usually unfollow people because of the comments they make, not the stances they take.

If they're consistently rude or intolerant of others' perspectives, I unfollow.

comppete Las Vegas
10/28/13 2:00 pm

I only unfollow someone for making crude comments or calling me vicious names. If they can't act mature, I don't give any respect to them.

KudosToYou California
10/28/13 1:59 pm

Read that wrong, no, I haven't unfollowed any for any disagreements.

JennaAwesome Book Lover
10/28/13 12:34 pm

I just un followed pinkyusuck because of a hateful comment he posted

musicfreak Loving Life
10/28/13 12:27 pm

No, I like having differences with the people I follow.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
10/28/13 12:18 pm

Misread Q. Thought you asked if *I* have been unfollowed because of my views. (Others comments caused me to reread) I unfollow when regularly skip polls for any reason but almost exclusively because person demonstrates complete disregard for courtesy

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
10/28/13 12:22 pm

Have unfollowed couple ppl, tho, becuz inundated w/avalanche of polls bunched together. Almost always though, unfollow when ppl are rude, disrespectful, hostile, unnecessarily aggressive/confrontative, etc - regardless viewpoint. Manner not content.

aj1545 Cat Lady
10/28/13 11:18 am

Nah, I'd unfollow if they're regularly an ass about it though.

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/28/13 11:05 am

I unfollow people because I get too many polls and don't really get to participate in the ones I really like. MrLucchese doesn't believe in too many polls.

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
10/28/13 10:35 am

I already know what I believe, and I'm very tired of our echo-chamber society. I seek out contrary beliefs to learn and test myself.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/28/13 10:32 am

No, of course not. That would be entirely unreasonable. The only time I would unfollow someone is if their polls just suck or they repeatedly meet my down-rating criteria.

camigirl
10/28/13 10:20 am

Nope! For example chickencookie and I disagree on a lot of things, but we follow each other and are always respectful in our discussions. However I will unfollow/ignore people who go out of their way to be disrespectful or immature in their opinions.

BadUsername
10/28/13 10:17 am

It's ignorant to do that. They provide a different point of view that you may be able to learn from.

twss trump is a garbage human
10/28/13 10:11 am

I actually try to follow people with an ever lower agreement percentage. But it's hard to find. I have only unfollowed when I really couldn't stand someone's polls (boring).

violence Pretty hate machine
10/28/13 10:08 am

Nah. I will unfollow someone if they show zero flexibility in their stances though.

Komm No. I am your father
10/28/13 10:07 am

Nope. Only 2 and only because they throw personal insults around like a drunk sailor.

Posco BBQ Enthusiast
10/28/13 10:04 am

Nope, some of my favorite users are the ones I disagree with that will discuss why. I like the discussion as long as it's productive.

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/28/13 10:01 am

I have decided that I am failing to live up to my morality and am not returning ill for ill. Rather than try and be apologetic with people who wish to do me harm I will be calling them out for what they are.

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/28/13 10:01 am

If that costs me followers or a ban so be it.

Cole12 ...
10/28/13 9:59 am

I like hearing the opinions of people with different political views. I follow SFLiberal - probably the most statist person on SOH - and a few others precisely for this reason.