bringstheeagle October 26th, 2013 1:48am

Do you believe the GOP and the Tea Party will split apart in 2014.

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
10/25/13 9:31 pm

There are two factors in this upcoming battle that haven't come into play yet: 1) The Supreme Court has yet to make a (easily guessable) decision on McConnell vs. FEC. Once the 5-4 decision opens those floodgates, it really all depends on which side

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
10/25/13 9:33 pm

that flood of money sluices to.
Has anyone heard if the Koch Bros have pulled any support away from the Teajhadists after the shutdown? I thought I heard an inkling to that effect. Anyone know?

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
10/25/13 7:15 pm

I voted my hope, not my expectation. It's sad seeing the GOP in this state.

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/25/13 7:19 pm

I agree source. Poor candidates actually hurt us all.

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
10/25/13 7:25 pm

I'm tired of politics being a joke.

DenisC NYC Rome Miami Beach
10/25/13 7:03 pm

I would hope so, but I don't think it will happen.

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/25/13 6:59 pm

GOP has 2 problems; tea people & Libertarians. Unless a great charismatic leader comes along, they won't be able to unite them.

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/25/13 7:17 pm

Good insight I was thinking about that earlier today Abo. But it didn't occur to me to see than as separate but totally true and a big problem. I was lumping them all together clearly just wrong.

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/26/13 5:05 am

I was too until I notice a more intelligent, non racial movement splitting from tea people when it was clear they were morons. The libertarian movement is real, long lasting and don't like republicans. Theres not one GOP leader that can unite that

rolltribe Ohio
10/25/13 6:55 pm

At the end of the day their voters are only split in the primaries, once it gets to the general their on the same side. And they both need each other to beat democrats

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/25/13 7:12 pm

Good point but to me heightens the likely hood of picking a more viable candidate. As an example I think Governor Huntsman of Utah would have beat Obama. I knew him as a governor and thought he was impressive. I might have even voted for him.

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/25/13 7:14 pm

I meant heightened the likelihood of picking a less viable and radical candidate. Perhaps they've learned this time but don't look like it with the candidates getting buzz now.

rolltribe Ohio
10/25/13 7:16 pm

Honestly I don't think they'll learn from their mistakes, republicans primary voters are so far right it's hard to imagine them nominating the guy with the best chance to win

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
10/25/13 7:18 pm

This purity demand from the Tea Party, though, might end things.

If the GOP jettisons the social conservatives and moves to be center- right on the economy, THAT is a winning combination. That party would win two consecutive presidencies.

rolltribe Ohio
10/25/13 7:22 pm

They consider themselves too moderate as it is. That's the thing, their completely out of touch with the reasons their losing now. I can't tell you how many times I've heard conservatives say "Romney lost because he was too moderate"

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/25/13 7:25 pm

I agree source on a move to center right I think it could happen if the GOP realized that actually the Tea Party and the Librarians are an intense minority and moving to the center with their base and picking up independents and centrist democrats

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/25/13 7:26 pm

they can win especially if the democratic nominee is not strong which is possible.

cpaswr just say the letters
10/25/13 6:53 pm

Not that soon. Sooner rather than later though.