Matt1981 October 23rd, 2013 9:30pm

The ACA was supposedly created for the millions of Americans that couldn't afford health insurance, but the premiums that come with the ACA healthcare are estimated to be considerably higher than private insurance plans. Does that make sense to you?

BCKR Onward and upward
10/23/13 6:21 pm

Looks like I've entered the right wing spin zone. I know most of these commenters will discount this as propaganda or something, but the fact is that reports on the ACA's effects on premiums vary. In some places, especially in the east from what I

BCKR Onward and upward
10/23/13 6:23 pm

...can see, some people are indeed seeing higher premiums. However, here in California, the opposite is the case. I honestly think it's too early to know what the long- or even medium-term effects will be, since the whole thing only just got started.

BCKR Onward and upward
10/23/13 6:24 pm

Really, we should all just wait and see. Someone's going to be wrong, and someone's going to be vindicated. But since the SCOTUS upheld the law, we should let it play out before lodging premature complaints or claiming premature victory.

skacey best poll is evenly split
10/23/13 7:35 pm

Disagree. There is too much at stake to take a "wait and see" stance on this one. The website alone is likely to cost a billion dollars before it is fully functional. If we are not getting the benefit, we need to act quickly to fix it.

Matt1981 The Who Dat Nation
10/23/13 7:35 pm

I know that they vary. I understand that some people are estimated to see a reduction on their premiums, but the vast majority are expected to see increases. Some of them quite substantial. I won't discount your opinion. I respect it.

skacey best poll is evenly split
10/23/13 7:36 pm

And no, I am not a republican or a democrat. But I am not in favor of supporting a plan without objective measures of success.

Matt1981 The Who Dat Nation
10/23/13 7:37 pm

I just disagree. I actually think that there are a ton on the left against this also. I didn't make the poll so that the chatter would turn into a slug fest, because this isn't a right against left issue. This is a people against ACA thing.

Matt1981 The Who Dat Nation
10/23/13 7:40 pm

I'm also not a Republican or a Democrat Skacey and I agree with you 100% people are saying a lot of nasty things about Ted Cruz. Just remember he stood and fought for you when no one else had the nuts to. After the ACA drags us all through the mud

Matt1981 The Who Dat Nation
10/23/13 7:40 pm

maybe people will appreciate what he was trying to do.

Matt1981 The Who Dat Nation
10/23/13 3:44 pm

They couldn't afford it before so they just didn't have it. Now they still can't afford it, but are forced to have it or pay not to have it. Man. I thought President Obama was for helping the poor not making the poor poorer.

chickencookie It really is
10/23/13 4:24 pm

Obama is for himself. This is not about healthcare. This is about power. And stop calling it ACA because its not affordable and he doesn't care.

jvc1133 61535
10/23/13 3:38 pm

Like Hiroshima was an accident

chickencookie It really is
10/23/13 3:02 pm

Give the guy a break! Its just "a glitch".

jvc1133 61535
10/23/13 2:57 pm

Come On, nothin should be a surprise with this ill cocieved flop

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
10/23/13 2:45 pm

Yes, because low income folk were supposed to be on Medicaid or with a federally subsidized plan. That was struck down, and now they're stranded because of republicans.

comppete Las Vegas
10/23/13 2:34 pm

EVERYTHING we are being told about the ACA by the Obama regime is a lie!

SugarShaq
10/23/13 2:35 pm

Should we have expected otherwise?