curly
10/22/13 4:57 pm

Goodness southern republicans, that's embarrassing....at least turn purple, please.

curly
10/22/13 5:00 pm

They all only have a few votes. I think the result would improve with larger sample size.

rons screw politicians
10/23/13 2:10 pm

It was the southern democrats that ran the KKK congressional democraps didn't want to sign the equal rights amendment in the 60's. lincoln was a republicant!

rons screw politicians
10/22/13 2:49 pm

Yes, so is reverse racism.

10/22/13 4:01 pm

Such.
Thingggggggggggg.

knetzere Illinois
10/22/13 4:08 pm

So not allowing a certain racial demographic to participate in something is not racist?

magnum
10/22/13 4:16 pm

Kermie buddy, you need to step back into reality.

10/22/13 4:25 pm

No, it may be bigoted. But racist is a very distinct term with a distinct definition (that doesn't mean discriminatory or bigoted).

knetzere Illinois
10/22/13 4:56 pm

So it's totally cool to say only let white people sit in the front half of a bus

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/22/13 10:47 pm

There's no such thing as reverse racism. Totally made up by racist resentful of social progress as a way to stop it. Lol.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
10/23/13 1:53 pm

wait, so you're saying when [race inserted here] says white people are racist, but then do a complete 360? and make racist remarks is fine with you? what happened to "2 wrongs don't make a right? Because IMO. that only white people are racist is absolute horseshit. EVERYONE is.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
10/23/13 1:54 pm

Anyone who tells me they never made a racist statement in their life is either lying, fooling themselves or both.

Arkansas123 Neoconservative
10/22/13 2:42 pm

A white power group threatens to bomb an event being hosted by a black church. Would it be racist for the guards to make all white attendants walk through metal detectors?

Arkansas123 Neoconservative
10/22/13 2:50 pm

Replace "racist" with "wrongfully discriminatory."

icytoes the tepid north
10/22/13 1:49 pm

If I said to a [insert race] person "I believe your people are the most beautiful, strong, intelligent people on earth and I wish everyone were like [insert racial people group]," I seriously doubt they'd cry racism. That's exactly what it is, though

icytoes the tepid north
10/22/13 1:50 pm

In other words, no.

ScottyDoesNo Stand back and stand by
10/22/13 1:45 pm

Not if it's based on rational observation.

XposeBarak Out There
10/22/13 1:49 pm

There lies the problem with the politically correct crowd...u said "rational"

DavesNotHere where am I
10/22/13 2:34 pm

But that's just observing. Not fact. Unless they see 20 million people all at once.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/22/13 7:10 pm

What - Scotty - What????

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/22/13 1:43 pm

I find white and Asian women more attractive than black or Latina. That is a racist statement giving one race preference over another but it is not wrong.

XposeBarak Out There
10/22/13 1:48 pm

Distinguishing differences between races is not racist thats just refusing to be politically correct and calling a spade a spade...racism is when u belief your race is superior to another's and usually involves hatred

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/22/13 1:49 pm

Ok I believe Asian women are far superior as spouses because of their cultural and ethnic background. I don't hate anyone for their race but I find some superior to others. It is not wrong to do so

kscott516 EB rules
10/22/13 3:41 pm

Then that would be a preference since you said you don't hate any specific race

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/22/13 6:45 pm

So as long as I don't hate it's not racist. Good to know so if I were to show preference to Latina workers and only hire them it would be just fine good to know.

kscott516 EB rules
10/22/13 7:36 pm

Why could you not hire only Latina workers?

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/22/13 8:22 pm

I believe that I would be accused or racism particularly if I only hire one ethnic group regardless of qualified candidates.

kscott516 EB rules
10/22/13 8:38 pm

I don't believe there would be any legal grounding for a lawsuit.

Fjolsvin Midgard
10/22/13 8:44 pm

And if they were all white instead?

kscott516 EB rules
10/22/13 8:48 pm

Same. Someone would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they were not hired because of the color of their skin.

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
10/22/13 1:35 pm

Yes, unless you're a liberal who thinks that morals are subjective and relative. Then racism may or may not be wrong. For instance, racism against white people in the form of affirmative action seems a-ok skippy to them.

10/22/13 1:43 pm

Incorrect. I see what you and MilkDud are trying to do. Racism and rape, etc, are always wrong. But not because some supernatural force said so. They're subjective morals because we all created them. But they're still true and always wrong.

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
10/22/13 1:44 pm

If they're subjective then we can all have different opinions.

XposeBarak Out There
10/22/13 1:44 pm

What makes them always true and always wrong?

10/22/13 1:57 pm

We have collectively decided as a society our morals. So they are, often, absolute and yet still subjective. Not every single moral is absolute. But some can be. Even though we came up with them ourselves.

10/22/13 1:58 pm

Didn't you and your friends ever come up with your own rules for your neighborhood ball games? They were subjective because you came up with them, not from the official rule book, but everyone still had to follow them. Same idea here.

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
10/22/13 1:58 pm

They're both subjective and absolute. Only you can do do that kermie.

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
10/22/13 2:02 pm

No. We always played "keep the ball away from the gay kid." It was much more fun.

It's all just subjective kermie, so we didn't really do anything wrong after we beat him up. Isn't that right? Maybe legally wrong, not morally wrong.

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
10/22/13 2:05 pm

It's ok as long as we could get away with it. It's not like we were doing anything "really" wrong. After all, such rules are based on some pie-in-the-sky ideal that's purely opinion.

zman117 Ohio
10/22/13 2:06 pm

Okie really thinks he is cleaver!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

zman117 Ohio
10/22/13 2:07 pm

Cleaver? Well I guess I'm in the same boat he is

10/22/13 2:08 pm

Kermie, there are plenty of societies around the planet that haven't signed on to you're decree that these things are always wrong. If another society collective says they're right, then how does that work?

cass95 Jesus 2021
10/22/13 2:08 pm

It's okay, Kermie.

They all had a tickle fight afterward.

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
10/22/13 2:08 pm

Geee miss cleaver.

10/22/13 3:31 pm

Fuck off jerks.

cass95 Jesus 2021
10/22/13 3:33 pm

Wow.....

You just accused me of lacking class a little while ago.

HaHa!!! Pot meet kettle

10/22/13 3:37 pm

Woah, Kermie! What was that for? I asked you a reasonable question!

zman117 Ohio
10/22/13 3:37 pm

Yeah because they are soooo innocent

10/22/13 3:47 pm

That was for the bullying comments about tickle fights and teasing gay kids from your compadres, who are now on ignore. Maybe you could give them a hug or something. They seem to need it, the way they take out their insecurities on everyone else.

10/22/13 3:49 pm

And sorry, I missed your reasonable question in the midst of that. Sure, some societies don't have the same taboos we do about things. Or they have taboos we don't. Some things could be wrong for us and right for them, and vice versa.

10/22/13 3:52 pm

Kermie, you aren't really saying that just because a society collectively decides that rape is ok, that rape suddenly becomes OK there, are you?

XposeBarak Out There
10/22/13 3:52 pm

Ok well since i want to worship satan and sacrifice animals i think im going to move to south africa then it would be morally acceptable

10/22/13 3:54 pm

Think that through. In some countries homosexuality is forbidden on both moral and legal grounds.
Do you honestly believe that homosexuality becomes morally wrong inside the borders of those countries?

10/22/13 3:58 pm

For me it's still wrong. For them it's not wrong. It's irrelevant to each of us what the other thinks. The question is then whether I want to impose my beliefs on someone else. Sometimes the answer is yes, I do. Sometimes not.

10/22/13 4:00 pm

I believe rape and abusing homosexuals is always wrong. Even if someone else doesn't, that doesn't change whether or not it's wrong. It's still wrong. But still also subjective, obviously, because other people came to another conclusion.

10/22/13 4:00 pm

A moral can be both subjective and absolute. Those aren't exclusive.

10/22/13 4:04 pm

Kermie, is it possible that those things are actually objective truths, and some people just get it wrong?
Not that they come to different but equally valid conclusions, but that they are flat wrong because certain moral positions are simply true.

10/22/13 4:23 pm

How could they be objective? Where would that objectivity come from? Who or what had the authority to decide that?

10/22/13 4:28 pm

Kermie, that's called natural law. I'm not making a religious argument. I hope you aren't trying to pigeonhole me into one.

10/22/13 4:30 pm

I think you innately understand this, but for some reason you struggle against the obvious truth here. Even in this conversation you said certain things are wrong regardless of whether someone believes they are right....

10/22/13 4:33 pm

When you say things like "a moral can be both subjective and absolute" it makes me think that you don't fully understand those terms. Objective and subjective are not compatible concepts- objective truths are absolute- they are the way they are...

10/22/13 4:35 pm

...regardless of what the observer believes about them. You can't say a truth is both absolute and subjective. It's a logically impossible claim.

10/22/13 4:41 pm

Well then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, as I believe *you* seem not to understand the concepts in question. Oh well. You never explained where natural law came from though or what makes it absolute (other than the fact that *we* said so).

10/22/13 4:48 pm

Kermie, natural law is something atheists ascribe to. It's just the acknowledgment that nature operates according to observable laws and norms, and that human beings and society, as part of nature, also operate according to observable norms.

10/22/13 4:53 pm

And I don't think it's a good idea to accuse me of not understanding the concepts here. You're clearly misusing the concepts of subjective and absolute. That's not my opinion, that's just a fact.

10/22/13 4:57 pm

We operate by certain norms because we want to, choose to, or found it evolutionarily advantageous too. Not because of some outside objective force. All the rules we have, we came up with. So necessarily subjective. But can still also be absolute.

10/22/13 5:02 pm

Kermie, I'd really like you to take some time to think through how something that is absolute can also be subjective.
Just google the terms. They are mutually exclusive.

10/22/13 5:14 pm

I already gave you an example. If you and your friends make up the rules for a game, they are subjective, as you created them yourselves. But they are absolute because no one is allowed to play without following the rules.

Morals are identical.