kermie March 31st, 2013 5:03pm

Are you confident beyond a shadow of a doubt you know when human life begins?

austrian Valid Location, Virginia
03/31/13 12:05 pm

Kermie, I was busy last week, so by the time I finally responded to you when we were debating abortion, the question was about to disappear. I did post a response, but you probably didn't see it. I can repost it here if you want.

jms in the middle of Nowhere
03/31/13 11:28 am

Not beyond a shadow of a doubt. I believe it begins at conception and that abortion, in MOST cases is wrong. If presented with medical facts (not opinions) I'm willing to consider the information. I'm Pro-life but allow others to choose for themselves but vote against abortion. Are you confused yet?

kermie gaytopia
03/31/13 12:54 pm

Not at all. The whole issue is so complex! I can understand your conflict.

kermie gaytopia
03/31/13 12:55 pm

Did you know there is no "moment of conception"? The act of fertilization can take a couple days. Some people say the moment a heartbeat starts, others when the baby could survive outside the womb, others at the moment of birth. But those are not singular moments either. There is no distinct line.

chile safer than congress
03/31/13 11:16 am

an evolutionist will quickly claim life is at a cellular level. Tables turned, the pro-life advocate uses that claim, and pro-choice advocates get all philosophical all the sudden.
What gives?

kermie gaytopia
03/31/13 12:56 pm

That's because you're conflating two different things and calling them both "life." (By the way it's not just you, of course). There is biological life and then there's human life (or what I often call humanness). And those don't necessarily coincide.

boboli
03/31/13 11:10 am

No one knows because I don't think there IS a specific moment when the blob of cells become a human. It's a process and a gradient. Is a blastocyst human? I don't think so. A zygote? I think a fetus of a couple months can be a considered a person, but there is no specific moment when that happens.

boboli
03/31/13 11:11 am

And even if it were a specific moment, I don't pretend to have the knowledge or authority to decide what it is.

kermie gaytopia
03/31/13 12:57 pm

I don't know how anyone could think they have the definite answer to this. The hubris is staggering.

boboli
03/31/13 3:25 pm

I'm confused. Are you saying I have hubris because I answered or are you agreeing with me? Because I said I don't know...

kermie gaytopia
03/31/13 3:45 pm

No, I'm saying that for someone to say they do know (so not you) takes a lot of hubris.

boboli
03/31/13 3:56 pm

Okay good. Sorry, I wasn't sure and I wanted to make sure I wasn't being misunderstood.
Thanks!

kermie gaytopia
03/31/13 11:01 am

Glad to see I have some sane followers ;)

chile safer than congress
03/31/13 11:54 am

Glad to see your not judging here.