Mattwall1 October 21st, 2013 1:07pm

Should the age to receive Medicare (barring the current early exception for those who are disabled and have ALS) be raised from 65 to 68?

rons Thanks America
10/21/13 6:29 am

Are you ready to be taxed 50 percent of you income if you have any no matter what your salary is to support it?

Mattwall1
10/21/13 6:33 am

By raising the age that you can start getting benefits, you feel there would be a 50% taxation for Medicare?

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/21/13 6:21 am

No - it should be lowered to birth and we should do away with the ACA and all private insurance

Mattwall1
10/21/13 6:22 am

So combine Medicaid into Medicare and create single payer?

kscott516 Masks fail
10/21/13 6:36 am

Why not just force people to work certain jobs and let the govt take care of everything?

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/21/13 6:39 am

KS - because that would be silly - nobody would be happy then, but statistics show that the highest $$$ spent on our medical costs over counties with single payer is on surgeries specifically with replacement parts (like hips). Those countries

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/21/13 6:42 am

Are able to "shop" on a much bigger scale and "save" approximately $500 billion over the US. Sounds like a reason to consider single payer to me. And I know it doesn't always work well, but we can see what doesn't work and fix that

kscott516 Masks fail
10/21/13 6:49 am

Single payer reduces access to healthcare. By forcing doctors to take set fees, much lower than private insurance pays, you are going to see most stop practicing. Education costs are rising rapidly and malpractice lawsuits are rampant. Would you

kscott516 Masks fail
10/21/13 6:54 am

spend 12-18 yrs of your life getting an education that costs $300K that you must pay back and be told you will make 10-30% less than current doctors, depending on specialty? No. And the specialized doctors (more education and malpractice $s), will

kscott516 Masks fail
10/21/13 6:56 am

see the greater drop in income. So you might get to see a primary physician but your access to a specialist will drop. That's where waiting lists come in. Also, how much time do you think a dr will spend talking to you knowing he gets paid very lil?

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/21/13 7:24 am

You have a decent point about Doctors - that is an area that doesn't work as well. We should look at that and try and find a solution

susanr Colorado
10/22/13 10:07 pm

How different do you think it will be compared to doctor's visits under Medicare currently? I was warned strongly, right here, that I would have a hard time finding a doctor under Medicare, that I'd have to wait for ages for an appointment, and

susanr Colorado
10/22/13 10:09 pm

that visits would be very short. Absolutely none of that has been true, here, for me. I see a weight-loss doctor where I pay about $25 a visit out of pocket, and the doctor spends a good 40 minutes one-on-one with me. Just the doctor. For my

susanr Colorado
10/22/13 10:10 pm

internist and pulmonologist, visits are shorter (maybe 30 minutes total, 20 with just the doc) & out-of-pocket is about $20. I'm not feeling the pain of being on Medicare, here.