JiveYoungKing October 20th, 2013 7:36pm

If Malcolm X was alive today, do you think he would still tell blacks to go back to Africa for a better life or would he be more open to integration considering racial relations have somewhat improved in the 50 years since his death?

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
10/20/13 5:04 pm

X was very extreme but things aren't nearly as bad today as they were. He was a segregationist also. I admire his passion but respect MLK's vision more.

Liberty 4,032,064
10/20/13 1:55 pm

I think he would look at what the U.N. has done to Africa and be even angrier at that than at 1960's America.

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/20/13 1:45 pm

Jive
Easy one for me. Malcolm X was with the "Nation of Islam" which remains a black nationalist, black separatist, racist, and black supremacist organization. Also anti-Semitic and anti-gay.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_Islam

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/20/13 1:53 pm

He's something of a popular historic figure. I think his leadership was beneficial but anachronistic and profoundly supported by the time in which he lived. He would have needed to have had a change of heart or to have changed organizations, or

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/20/13 1:57 pm

changed the "Nation of Islam" which my reading of his autobiography seemed to suggest he was in the process of doing when he was assimilated. The book also suggests, in my view, he was killed because he was trying to do both. Tragic figure indeed.

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/20/13 2:02 pm

In any case, it is simply not possible for him to have remained a relevant and credible figure in today's world - which ironically he undoubtedly helped create, if he remained with the Nation. Great man but this is my conjecture and opinion.

suppressedID IMEACH BIDEN
10/20/13 1:31 pm

Considering that Africa is even more dangerous and chaotic than the 1960s, I think he might advocate integration.

megomez712 Vagabond
10/20/13 1:11 pm

I think he held strong to his belief in returning to Africa. Over time he had less hate against the white man but still wanted the best for his fellow blacks which he believed was to return to Africa. I don't if his stance would ever change.

presleyc5 tejas
10/20/13 1:07 pm

I would hope he would want them to stay given the situations for all people in American and Africa. We have come a long way (not far enough) since he was alive. I can't think of any of my black friends that would want to leave their home for a

presleyc5 tejas
10/20/13 1:10 pm

Place they have never been to and is in great turmoil. However, not being black myself, this is a hard question for me to judge. But I would not leave America to live in my ancestral home if it was in a place with such turmoil.

twss trump is a garbage human
10/20/13 1:00 pm

I think while Malcolm X would be glad to witness some changes that have occurred since his death, he would still be disgusted and encourage blacks to make their own empire, elsewhere. But I believe those who oppress must change, not the oppressed.

RJ1969 SoCal
10/20/13 12:50 pm

I think that the current situation would blow his mind. He would be as out if place as a dinosaur would be at a state fair.

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/20/13 12:55 pm

Probably. Haha, I probably should've worded it someone like a Malcolm X. I just wanted an excuse to talk about him to be honest :P

RJ1969 SoCal
10/20/13 1:00 pm

Can you imagine separate but equal SoH apps?

Neither can I. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? That's how our folks used to live. I'm so glad I live in this time.

RJ1969 SoCal
10/20/13 12:47 pm

Not to mention the current condition in many parts of Africa.

MisterE Conservistan
10/20/13 12:41 pm

Seeing how the west is now more involved in intervening with Africa, and how racism is no longer socially acceptable I think he would want people to stay.

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/20/13 12:39 pm

I believe he'd still be telling us (black folk) to get out of here. He'd change his rhetoric a bit to soften it up according to the racial injustice that still happens. But maybe I'm wrong, he was a very intelligent man and might have come up with a

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/20/13 12:40 pm

way for blacks to thrive here in America. Especially considering all the new events, information, and technology. I just think it's more likely he'd still say "yeah, back to the motherland!"

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/20/13 12:42 pm

And Shazam, I'ma try and bring this up on SOHOA to address the racial relations thing you wanted to bring up. Idk how effective it'd be to tell a bunch of white folk why they scared of blacks. I know what you're going at, I'ma just finesse it a bit.

Ghostreconss mars
10/20/13 12:44 pm

Jive, I completely agree, and can't wait to see you on air!

camigirl
10/20/13 12:47 pm

^ I'll be watching too!

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/20/13 12:55 pm

Thanks y'all, I'm really looking forward to do it. Should be mad fun, hopefully I can add to the usual entertainment :P

megomez712 Vagabond
10/20/13 1:14 pm

I agree. Malcolm lived a modest life so I can't see how technology or events would have changed that. Maybe having a black president might appeal but I think he'd rather Obama left to US too.

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/20/13 1:18 pm

I feel Malcolm X would indite Obama to the House Negro Hall of Fame... Like he'd go off on him more brutally than he did to MLK and other black civil rights leaders.

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
10/20/13 3:42 pm

You think he'd say that about Obama?
I think Obama did a pretty damn good job standing up for himself and what he believes this past month

megomez712 Vagabond
10/20/13 7:56 pm

It's not about the good or bad Obama has done its about him being a black man in a white man's world and in turn he's still working for the white man. From Malcolm X's pov that is.

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
10/21/13 5:11 am

There is no way anyone in America can win the Presidency without the "white" vote.

megomez712 Vagabond
10/21/13 7:22 am

I think ur missing the point CTY.