RepMorris October 20th, 2013 6:40pm

Virtual Congress Announcement. Due to a recent wave of legislation, I have missed some of your bills. I apologize if I missed any of your proposals. Please feel free to submit legislation you would like introduced in the comments of this poll.

10/21/13 6:58 am

I would like to submit a bill.
"All Federal firearms legislation is hereby repealed. In its' place, a registry of violent felons is hereby created, and a mandatory sentence of 20 years shall be applied to convictions for felony use of a firearm.

10/21/13 6:58 am

No person convicted of a violent felony, nor of felony use of a firearm shall be permitted to purchase nor posses a firearm until 5 years following the completion of sentence for their most recent (relevant) conviction.

10/21/13 6:58 am

No person who has been involuntarily committed to drug or alcohol rehabilitation shall be permitted to purchase nor posses a firearm until 5 years following certification of completion of drug or alcohol rehabilitation by a medical doctor.

10/21/13 6:59 am

It shall be a felony to be in public possession of a firearm while legally intoxicated; or under the influence of a controlled substance, except under a doctor's supervision.

10/21/13 6:59 am

No person who has been involuntarily committed to a ward for the mentally insane shall be permitted to purchase or possess a firearm.

10/21/13 7:00 am

No person who has been voluntarily committed to a mental health care facility for suicidal/homicidal tendencies shall be permitted to purchase or possess a firearm until 5 years following professional/medical certification of restored mental health.

10/21/13 7:01 am

In addition, for any person who has been voluntarily committed to a mental health care facility for suicidal or homicidal tendencies,...

10/21/13 7:01 am

...a notarized statement from a parent, spouse, sibling or adult child shall be required stating that, in their discretion, said person presents no suicidal or homicidal danger to society.

10/21/13 7:01 am

In lieu of said notarized statement, a second, concurrent certification of restored mental health from doctor or mental health professional, not associated in practice with the first, may be submitted.

10/21/13 7:02 am

A criminal record check shall be performed prior to all commercial firearms purchases. It shall be a felony punishable by 5 years imprisonment to knowingly and willfully submit false information for the criminal record check.

10/21/13 7:02 am

It shall be a felony to knowingly and willfully sell, or allow to possess, a firearm to any person who is legally barred from purchase or possession of a firearm.

10/21/13 7:03 am

Possession shall be defined as the turning over of control of a firearm without remaining constantly in the immediate vicinity of the firearm.

10/21/13 7:03 am

It shall be unlawful to compile, amass, seize, or otherwise create a registry of firearm owners or of firearms once sold from a commercial establishment or private owner.

10/21/13 7:04 am

With consideration for the exceptions listed above, no firearm nor type or caliber of ammunition shall be prohibited for sale, ownership or use by persons not lawfully barred under the exceptions listed above."

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
10/20/13 4:44 pm

I know you've seen it, but I haven't seen a poll yet for it, so here it is again. I'm an Independant btw.

I propose a bill against discrimination of bare feet in public places and government buildings.

GeneralDevin MN
10/20/13 1:52 pm

Due to lots of drunk driving and low punishments for it. Repeat offenders for it are common. Other countries can be harsh resulting in smaller offenses for it. We need to ante up on DUI punishments. I propose $1,000 fine the first offense 3 yrs

GeneralDevin MN
10/20/13 1:55 pm

With a suspended license and 1-2 yrs jail time.
Second offense $5,000 fine. License suspended 10 yrs. 5 yrs jail time.
Any more offenses gets license suspended for life $10,000 fine and 5 yrs jail time for each subsequent offense.

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
10/20/13 2:34 pm

I feel like that's a states rights issue not a federal issue

GeneralDevin MN
10/20/13 2:35 pm

I respect your opinion but I must disagree. It's a major problem for this whole nation that must be dealt with accordingly.

skinner Jersey City
10/20/13 1:50 pm

Did you get my bills?

skinner Jersey City
10/20/13 2:01 pm

1. "The President shall nominate 3 diplomats to negotiate a free trade agreement with the European Union and additionally the member states of the United Kingdom."
That bill is co-authored by Mattwall1.

skinner Jersey City
10/20/13 2:03 pm

2. "The United States shall institute a Cap and Trade policy in order to reduce carbon dioxide emissions."

Mattwall1
10/20/13 2:11 pm

Skinner what I said was if the UK leaves the eu. Not England Scotland wales and Northern Ireland

skinner Jersey City
10/20/13 2:13 pm

Oh and also, "United States military facilities in Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, and England shall be liquidated and sold."

skinner Jersey City
10/20/13 2:15 pm

You did? I remember you saying that we needed to account for Scotland seceding from the UK? Didn't you?

Mattwall1
10/20/13 2:15 pm

That is just skinner, I'm not in favor of that section

Mattwall1
10/20/13 2:15 pm

IF they do. Not before, if that's what you were implying

skinner Jersey City
10/20/13 2:18 pm

I'm really confused. You suggested that amendment. Okay you know what. How do you want it written?

Mattwall1
10/20/13 2:20 pm

....European Union. Should the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland leave the European Union, the president shall nominate 3 diplomats to negotiate a free trade agreement with the United Kingdom if Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Mattwall1
10/20/13 2:22 pm

Should Scotland vote for independence from the United Kingdom and should they not join the European Union, the president shall nominate 3 diplomats to negotiate a free trade agreement with Scotland.

skinner Jersey City
10/20/13 2:28 pm

Okay so it reads as follows:
Sec. 1: "The president shall nominate three diplomats to negotiate a free trade agreement with the European Union."
Sec. 2: "Should the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland leave the European Union, the

skinner Jersey City
10/20/13 2:29 pm

president shall nominate three diplomats to negotiate a free trade agreement with the United Kingdom if Great Britain and Northern Ireland."
Sec. 3: "Should Scotland vote for independence from the United Kingdom and should they not join the European

skinner Jersey City
10/20/13 2:30 pm

Union, the president shall nominate 3 diplomats to negotiate a free trade agreement with Scotland."

Mattwall1
10/20/13 2:31 pm

The skinner-Mattwall free trade bill

skinner Jersey City
10/20/13 2:31 pm

Good title

skinner Jersey City
10/20/13 2:35 pm

Did you read that AFly? The skinner-Mattwall Free Trade Bill is listed at the end of the comment section

MisterE Conservistan
10/20/13 12:27 pm

Is there an official website for the virtual congress that contains important documents such as all proposed legislation and the constitution?

political Georgia
10/20/13 12:23 pm

The Corporate tax rate is hereby lowered to 28%.

zdl2442 Right Here
10/20/13 12:16 pm

I would like to propose legislation called the Protection From Espionage Act. With this act, the government may not spy on any US citizen without a proper warrent.

MisterE Conservistan
10/20/13 12:22 pm

Are FISA warrants considered proper warrants?

zdl2442 Right Here
10/20/13 12:25 pm

Yes, a proper warrant just means means written permission from a court to spy on a person or group of people.

MisterE Conservistan
10/20/13 12:04 pm

Mr Speaker: a new rule that bans indication of party on all official VC polls.

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
10/20/13 12:08 pm

Isn't that kind of a violation of free speech?

Mattwall1
10/20/13 12:10 pm

I think he's meaning don't say congressman mattwall1 (D)

MisterE Conservistan
10/20/13 12:11 pm

No, not in the comments section only on the poll question.

RepMorris Pennsylvania
10/20/13 12:17 pm

It shall be introduced, but may I ask why?

MisterE Conservistan
10/20/13 12:18 pm

Perhaps it should be more specific. "A bill to ban indication of party of a government official on all official Virtual Congress documents." The comments section is not included.

MisterE Conservistan
10/20/13 12:21 pm

I'm introducing it in order promote more objective evaluations of legislation, and prevent congressmen from judging other congressmen and their legislation by political affiliation.

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
10/20/13 12:22 pm

can historian SteveZ put party affiliation onbhis history page?

MisterE Conservistan
10/20/13 12:24 pm

Is the history page a function of the VC?

zdl2442 Right Here
10/20/13 12:27 pm

SteveZ puts party affiliation on the VC congressman list.

zman117 Ohio
10/20/13 12:35 pm

I understand on polls, although I'm not sure if I agree with it, but you cannot take off the party affiliation from the history page. I think that is the kind of information that is needed on there.

MisterE Conservistan
10/20/13 12:38 pm

That's understandable. The history page should be exempt.

MisterE Conservistan
10/20/13 12:47 pm

In Nebraska, they ban recognition of party affiliation everywhere and it works pretty well for them.

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
10/20/13 12:49 pm

How will we do primary elections for the presidential election?

MisterE Conservistan
10/20/13 1:04 pm

I guess the political parties would have to figure that out.

MisterE Conservistan
10/20/13 2:32 pm

Mr Speaker, I want to be only for confirmations, legislation, and elections.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/20/13 11:43 am

Quick question: When legislation is voted on - what % vote does it need in order to pass? I knew this at one point, but I seem to have forgotten.

RepMorris Pennsylvania
10/20/13 11:46 am

Simple majority unless it is a Constitutional Amendment, which requires 3/4 approval to pass. If the Nuclear option is passed on a bill of significant importance it needs 2/3 approval.

Mattwall1
10/20/13 11:57 am

Mr Speaker: a bill for the creation of an anti chinese mutual defense pact with the following nations to create the SouthEast Asian Treaty Organization: India, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, Bangladesh, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Burma, the Philippines, and Brunei

zdl2442 Right Here
10/20/13 12:21 pm

I like the idea, but I think we shouldn't include Vietnam and Laos because they are communist and may side with China.

Mattwall1
10/20/13 12:26 pm

Trust me, they hate china. It's a hatred going back millennia. They won't side with china if there is another power willing to help them fight china and I'd prefer that he is not another nation

zdl2442 Right Here
10/20/13 12:33 pm

Ok, but what are the terms for the mutual defense treaty?

GeneralDevin MN
10/20/13 1:40 pm

It's pacts like these that caused
The Great War ; War to End All Wars; WWl.