Processing October 20th, 2013 8:12am

The U.S. Government is arguing that the SCOTUS doesn't have jurisdiction to rule/hear a lawsuit brought on about FISA court rulings and NSA spying, Agree? Link in comments.

PeppyHare Do a barrel roll
10/20/13 12:23 pm

This is exactly what's wrong with our government.

kellyw The Mississippi Delta
10/20/13 9:33 am

If they don't, then nobody does, and I certainly don't agree with that.

Processing On a journey to oneness.
10/20/13 7:03 am

Would love to hear some of the reason for people saying they disagree.

Buelller.... Buelller.

Buelller....

TerryQuinn Stardust
10/20/13 7:54 am

I said agree because I don't think SCOTUS can review a specific ruling by the FISA court. They can review constitutionality of the Patriot Act and laws that relate to FISA/NSA.

TerryQuinn Stardust
10/20/13 7:58 am

My thinking is that a civilian on the Manhattan project couldn't have their right of privacy reviewed by the Supreme Court without compromising national security.

Processing On a journey to oneness.
10/20/13 8:13 am

Yes I meant agree, thanks.

The Manhatten project is a small subset of the population, not a mass civilian spying program.

The only reason the SCOTUS didn't take it up the ACLU case was because the governemnt said if they used the spying against you they would disclose that. They have yet to-

Processing On a journey to oneness.
10/20/13 8:17 am

disclose any information obtained through these means, even though Diane Fienstien has stated the spying has helped with catching people since then. The U.S. Government actively lied to SCOTUS to stop them from striking down an unconstitutional program.

TerryQuinn Stardust
10/20/13 12:03 pm

I mostly voted agree to be contrarian, because some people are quick to react to how they feel about FISA/NSA. It's a pretty complicated issue both technically and legally.

TerryQuinn Stardust
10/20/13 12:09 pm

Oh, the number of people affected shouldn't matter. If a law/policy unfairly denies the constitutional rights of a few, that's still grounds for review by SCOTUS.

skinner Wisconsin
10/20/13 6:59 am

It must be nice for Democrats living in an alternative dimension where this makes sense.

makem Chinese Xinjiang Camp
10/20/13 6:54 am

What amazes me is that these are the people we keep electing

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
10/20/13 7:00 am

Which is why this system needs to be scrapped. Elections are a farce and I sincerely believe they're rigged.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
10/20/13 6:39 am

Folks think I'm so out in left field still?