wendit October 20th, 2013 6:48am

Do you believe that pit bulls are inherently bad or that they're made bad by humans?

savannah65 Virginia
10/20/13 7:16 pm

Any dog can be taught to be aggressive. I use to have a pit and she was the sweetest dog in the world. Ignorance of people is what is giving them a bad rep and people need to be severely punished for dog fighting

ovcourse Alzheimer Joe
10/20/13 12:37 pm

Not necessarily bad, but they were bred to be aggressive, and that is bad.

mikeey1962 on SOH where else
10/20/13 9:03 am

My sons American staffordshire terrier, is the sweetest most loving dog I've seen, except for the Rottweiler I had when my son was born, it's the owners that make them aggressive, love breeds love.

swervin Maryland
10/20/13 8:35 am

I have a theory on this, and I am expecting hate for it. There is a reason certain breeds are used in dog fighting. You don't see a black lab being used for a reason. Pit bulls have traits that make them more aggressive.

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/20/13 6:02 am

Pits were THE American family dog for decades. Then Lassie. My pit was a neighbor wander anywhere dog, loved by all, had a spare bed at three neighbors, nursed an elderly neighbor out of depression, and a real gentleman.

JennaAwesome Book Lover
10/20/13 5:19 am

Don't get me started on this

kspells TheOtherOtherside
10/20/13 2:50 am

I think it's in the selective breeding Aggressive traits are likely to be there.if they are with other pits who attack a stray Dog/cat/kid you can't be 100% sure they won't join in. I do think you will get bitten by a chihuahua ,every chihuahua often

kspells TheOtherOtherside
10/20/13 2:57 am

My dog is a Great Dane. This breed went into battle a real war dog. The traits have been bred out. Most people don't think these dogs are bad. But they're wrong. I saw mine attack once,it blew me away & he's the sweetest baby. But he stopped. Pits??

peacefullife Land of Moss
10/20/13 12:16 am

I have two pitbulls, and have yet to meet ANY dog with undesirable behaviors, unless their owners are NOT attempting to treat them appropriately.

And my dogs - biggest babies EVER!

dyousif Rhode Island
10/19/13 11:53 pm

The pit bulls I've seen are some of the sweetest dogs.

wendit Chicago