Skarface October 20th, 2013 6:39am

The Whig party collapsed in the mid-19th century because they couldn't agree on the issue of slavery. Do you think that a major political party will collapse in a similar way over an issue within the next 50 years?

lectrik Silly gas guzzling Prius
10/20/13 11:34 am

dumbass party, also known as the tea party, will destroy the Republican party unless they change

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
10/20/13 9:07 am

I think that the GOP could collapse if the progressives in the party cling to power instead of switching parties.
And I would welcome that, personally. We could finally get the cancer (progressives) out of the party.

Skarface Banned
10/20/13 9:28 am

Progressives in the GOP? That's a laugh.

curly
10/20/13 7:46 am

The parties seem pretty united, don't u think? I mean dems and repubs are getting along worse than ever, but I don't see any intra-party conflicts splitting any party up. Did u have an issue in mind with the Q?

Skarface Banned
10/20/13 9:29 am

The Tea Party and the establishment Republicans seem to be disagreeing more and more lately.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
10/20/13 6:45 am

The democrats have stuck through it with Obamacare and same sex marriage. The repuicans have stuck through it with the opposite. It would be something small.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
10/20/13 5:35 am

No. They both have a stranglehold and a complicit media to maintain their dominance.

I really wish all parties would be abolished.

skinner Wisconsin
10/20/13 4:31 am

No. I think I know what you're alluding to and it will never happen. The Grand Old Party is here to stay.

Mattwall1
10/19/13 11:44 pm

At this point, the two parties are too entrenched. Whether or not a multiparty system is better than a 2 party system, I don't see that happening here, especially with the electoral college and the fact we use first last the post

Mattwall1
10/19/13 11:44 pm

Last not last

Mattwall1
10/20/13 7:31 am

This is what it was supposed to say: at this point, the two parties are too entrenched. Whether or not a multiparty system (by which I mean 3+ major parties) is better than a 2 party system, I don't see it happening in the us, especially with the electoral college and the fact we use fort past the post

Axl752 NY
10/19/13 11:42 pm

I hope so. Parties seem to get in the way of democracy.

Ebola1 Florida
10/20/13 7:28 am

We don't have a democracy.