NateE October 19th, 2013 3:13pm

China invades the United States and currently occupies it. They have been known for singling people out that have the same religious views as you and killing them. Filled with rage and anger when you see one and you kill them. Is this justified?

steelcity Pittsburgh
10/20/13 5:07 am

Filled with rage and anger I have abandoned my religious views and have nothing to fear.

Bekka Just relaxing...
10/20/13 12:38 am

My religious beliefs say, "Thou shalt not kill."

GeneralDevin MN
10/19/13 5:52 pm

It would be like when the Nazis singled out Jews and killed them. So yes. How can it not be ok? I'm really surprised at the results of the poll. It's time for the Resistance. Like the French Resistance of WWll.

rons Thanks America
10/19/13 3:21 pm

The question sounds like it's based in the Muslims that killed infidels at the mall in Kenya. Testing people about their faith and killing the if not muslim. So I would kill as many as possible.

RJ1969 SoCal
10/19/13 1:24 pm

Wait, China invades and occupies the United States?!

Bwaaaa ha ha ha ha! Oh, that's a good one!

MisterE Conservistan
10/19/13 3:44 pm

Pretend they developed a super virus that took control of all US computer systems.

robbyjr04
10/19/13 12:06 pm

Moot point really... I would have died during the invasion. No one would invade my Country without a fight in the first place & I would not live under tyranny...

DrReid Ever present.
10/19/13 11:34 am

How would we know we aren't different than the Muslim in the earlier poll? Indoctrinated and brainwashed to believe the Chinese to be evil invaders, worthy of death? From the Chinese side, would you be worthy of sympathy in their eyes?

rickvee Living the dream
10/19/13 12:14 pm

Scroll down to see the conversation between Mattwall and I. Some of the differences are pointed out.

DrReid Ever present.
10/19/13 12:17 pm

I already saw your conversation, and it failed o point out any way to validate differences in perspective. You have no way of determining that the Chinese don't actually consider themselves liberators, and are not actually killing indiscriminatly

DrReid Ever present.
10/19/13 12:19 pm

As you have been lead to believe, but are actually trying to protect us from a tyrannical theocratic dictator, and his army of far right Christian extremists. (See the parallel?)

rickvee Living the dream
10/19/13 12:31 pm

I do up to the point about killing based on a persons religion. That's where the similarities end. We're not killing muslims just because they're muslims. We're killing terrorists who strap bombs to children.

DrReid Ever present.
10/19/13 12:49 pm

Here is the thing, if you were a brainwashed and a Muslim in the middle east, how would you know that we had mostly good intentions? What if the Chinese really WEREN'T just singling you out for your religion? You have just been brainwashed to

DrReid Ever present.
10/19/13 12:51 pm

believe that to be the case? Maybe that is all the Chinese were here to do, kill fundamentalists who escalated from bombing abortion clinics, to shooting up people in general?

rickvee Living the dream
10/19/13 1:14 pm

Now you're going with what-ifs? That's not the way the question was worded. The difference is defending yourself against an insurgent attack and the murder of civilians. Maybe I see the distinction because I've been in combat and been fired upon...

DrReid Ever present.
10/19/13 1:18 pm

But that's the comparison, if you were brainwashed, you would accept the scenario presented in the question as true, just like a Muslim radical in the middle east would accept the description of the US as killer invaders, as true.

rare_sense North Carolina
10/19/13 11:19 am

Yes but I would be passing out liberty teeth long before this situation was realized

dustbunny
10/19/13 10:39 am

The words invade, occupy and kill make it ok for me to kill as many as I can.

Mike50
10/19/13 9:51 am

"Dont believe what you see on the internet" -Herbert Hoover

GotHeem Indiana
10/19/13 9:39 am

The big thing is that they invaded us, not singling people out. I'd go all Red Dawn on them

rickvee Living the dream
10/19/13 9:19 am

Here's the difference from your last question. America is not "occupying" the middle east, and we're not randomly killing people because they have a brown God.

Mattwall1
10/19/13 9:28 am

Did you really just use that adjective?

rickvee Living the dream
10/19/13 9:33 am

Yes, occupation leads to colonization. Or were you referring to "brown God" :P

zman117 Ohio
10/19/13 9:35 am

That how you feel, but how do you think they feel about the situation over there?

rickvee Living the dream
10/19/13 9:56 am

Well it's not the color of the God, one of the Hindu's is blue... Most are glad we're there helping to throw off the oppressive chokehold of the taliban

Mattwall1
10/19/13 9:58 am

Yes I know one of the hindu deities is blue in one form. The way you said it though is at least to me, offensive even though I'm not Muslim

rickvee Living the dream
10/19/13 10:04 am

If you were offended by "brown God" your skin might be a little too thin. I was using that as a reference saying we're not killing people because of their religious beliefs. Like the hypothetical Chinese are...

Mattwall1
10/19/13 10:06 am

Ah I see. Nm then. Maybe I'm a little sensitive, but I know people who have been harassed or even beaten because they are Muslim. There are still better ways if saying it at least IMO

rickvee Living the dream
10/19/13 10:09 am

Probably, but I'm about as subtle as a tyrannosaur :) I wasn't poking fun at any religion. I like that the bottom line of almost every religion is "be a good person".

rickvee Living the dream
10/19/13 10:10 am

Well... Except Scientology... Those people are fruitcakes

b4mytime Orange County, CA
10/19/13 11:31 am

Actually in the Hindu religion, Krishna is described as being "dark skinned." But Indian culture favors the light-skinned (surprise surprise), so they don't like depicting him dark in pictures/statues. So instead they went with blue. It's strange.

rickvee Living the dream
10/19/13 12:13 pm

Good point. I guess I didn't specify, I was referring to the Goddess Kali...

Kris Humidity Central
10/19/13 9:11 am

Assuming that they are a soldier that I see and kill, yes.
They've invaded my homeland, and have murdered my countrymen.
I wouldn't kill just one, I would personally organize the people to push them out

talbotfarwell Appalachia
10/19/13 3:25 pm

Amen. We'd strike strategic targets with a mix of tactical and operational planning. The Chinese can't keep occupying us if they have no fuel, food, or ammunition to support the fight with.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
10/19/13 9:08 am

I would absolutely start opening fire

elusive Sactown
10/19/13 8:49 am

Man you're questions are so tough!

NateE Moderate Republican
10/19/13 8:55 am

Lol I'll take that as a compliment

Jack14 Massachusetts
10/19/13 8:26 am

There needs to be more context in order to make a definite devision but I say yes but not 100% sure.

skinner Jersey City
10/19/13 8:22 am

Yes, I would kill as many as I could and try to retake the country

Ebola1 Florida
10/19/13 8:18 am

Your at war so yes.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/19/13 8:17 am

“An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/19/13 8:19 am

If there's an organized revolution in progress, yes. Otherwise, it's just killing for naught, in my opinion.

MisterE Conservistan
10/19/13 3:49 pm

Organized revolutions often begin with one action.