rons October 19th, 2013 12:22pm

Flu shots can't give you the flu. Flu shots can prevent the flu 60 to 90 % effectiveness. Are people who refuse to get the shot are just afraid of the needle?

jonfrei the boonies
10/20/13 8:24 am

I will admit I dislike needles, however, every time I got a flu shot (compulsory for my 17 years in the Marines) I was bedridden sick for 3 days after. Not the flu, so they say, but same symptoms & down so hard I couldn't walk.

jonfrei the boonies
10/20/13 8:26 am

Some of those years I caught the flu anyway... I have never caught the flu in a year I did not get the shot. Thanks, but you can keep them...

comppete Las Vegas
10/19/13 11:29 pm

I am, by no means, afraid of needles. I just don't see a need for a flu shot for me. I don't get colds or the flu.

Torfin Never Behind
10/19/13 4:03 pm

There are lots of reason not to get the shot. Including the avoidance of the stabilizers used that include mercury.

commonsense America isnt racist
10/19/13 8:12 am

I'm not in the medical field but I'm sure I was told that you ARE getting a little part of the flu when you get the flu shot. To build immunity.

TierasPet
10/19/13 6:27 am

I've seen people get extremely ill after that shot. I've I also seen someone get the flu and it lasted for a about two weeks. He came back looking terrible. I've had one and that's only because I was caring for someone with cancer.

chickencookie It really is
10/19/13 6:25 am

I cant get it because of my shot to hell immune system.

Kay41 the Midwest
10/19/13 6:20 am

Neither option is correct for me. I have totter the flu in at least 15 years so I don't feel the need to get the shot.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/19/13 6:07 am

Even the nurse giving them at our college said they can make you feel yucky for a day or two - so what's the difference whether you have "the flu" or they just make you feel like you do?

susanr Colorado
10/20/13 1:36 am

Feeling yucky for a day or two isn't anything like actually having the flu, which can last for a couple of weeks and make you feel horrendous. And then there are possible complications like pneumonia especially in more vulnerable populations.