Praetorianus October 19th, 2013 12:45am

Do you believe in anything supernatural like ESP, ghosts, telekinesis, spells, lucky charms etc? I exclude the belief in God here, it's just about other supernatural phenomena. I also exclude UFOs or Bigfoot, they would be natural.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
10/18/13 9:35 pm

Before I became a Christian, I played around with a Ouija board in college with surprising results, then started reading Tarot cards. I quit after I correctly predicted that a friend's grandmother would die. That stuff is real, and it's not from God.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
10/18/13 9:36 pm

And if it's not from God, it's from satan. Not to be messed with.

willthehuman Suburbia
10/18/13 8:17 pm

There are things we can't yet explain, but aren't necessarily supernatural, but I feel as though we categorize them as a society as supernatural. Hard one to answer.

impetus ok who knows the way out
10/19/13 1:36 pm

I will agree on this with being very natural and the things we can't explain though I don't always believe there is a way to categorize them in our terms of science and we see see a natural God's realm as being outside of our own and being super-

impetus ok who knows the way out
10/19/13 1:40 pm

-natural, when in fact it is very natural. I know this pushes the buttons on many and I am willing to hear out their conclusions and have discussions on the issue but my eyes have seen so many unexplainable items that science misses and leaves empty

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/18/13 7:02 pm

Supernatural to us. Paranormal to some. Abstract science to Tony!

Liberty 4,032,064
10/18/13 5:49 pm

Yes, but just as functions of the brain that can't yet be explained scientifically.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
10/18/13 5:52 pm

In that case I'd vote natural. I'm not aiming at whether those things exist, but whether there is a natural explanation or it's magic.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
10/18/13 5:47 pm

I'm generally a sceptic when it comes to that. I won't rule it out but suspect there's a natural explanation for what we call supernatural, we just haven't found it yet. I think some phenomena may exist but be natural.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
10/18/13 5:51 pm

Examples: people dying from a voodoo curse may be believers literally scared to death. OBEs may be not recognized lucid dreams. A premonition subconscious warning signals perceived.