peppypenguin8 October 18th, 2013 10:28pm

Inspired by Pinkyusuck: Do you think think premarital sex is wrong?

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
10/18/13 11:17 pm

Not having pre-marital sex is wrong. Don't make a commitment then find out that there is a basic sexual incompatibility.

willthehuman Suburbia
10/18/13 8:23 pm

Not inherently no. I find "friends with benefits" as an unstable relationship that is more likely to fold, but I definitely don't think it's "morally wrong."

tdaddy Kentucky
10/18/13 5:39 pm

If you marry and find you don't turn each other on that way isn't it a bit late to regret not having tried the goods? Would you buy a new car without taking a test drive first? Isn't your marriage worth at least as much as your car?

conservativesyd
10/18/13 4:30 pm

Now a days shows portray premarital sex as an okay thing. However, it is an abomination. Things like that are now seen as a common thing; whereas, a while ago it was still an abomination. Exceptions should not be made for those sins.

DailyAtheist Religious polls
10/18/13 5:21 pm

What it you don't think it is a sin?

b4mytime Orange County, CA
10/18/13 6:00 pm

Why isn't kissing and saying "I love you" before marriage also a sin then?

cpaswr just say the letters
10/18/13 6:22 pm

I guess the majority of animals (non-humans in this case) are abominations because they have sex and as far as I know, they don't get married.

tdaddy Kentucky
10/18/13 6:36 pm

In biblical days (after Noah) life expectancy was much shorter and married couples had to work much harder, and great sex was the least of their worries.

tdaddy Kentucky
10/18/13 6:36 pm

If God wrote BIBLE 2.0 today and took into account the differences between 1 CE and now, and just brought it up to date, me thinks He'd be run out of town on multiple charges of heresy.

tdaddy Kentucky
10/18/13 6:44 pm

Likewise, to think God is going to hold modern man to a rule book thousands of years old, mocks God for not giving him any credit for learning at least on the same curve as His creations.

conservativesyd
10/18/13 7:06 pm

Tdaddy. God told these things to prophets for them to relay it to us. He gave us these standards so that people like you and the changing morals nowadays wouldn't affect our own standards.

conservativesyd
10/18/13 7:08 pm

It is a sin so if you don't think that then crack open a bible. Or better yet: a Book of Mormon

b4mytime Orange County, CA
10/18/13 7:40 pm

It is a sin to use an iPhone. I read that in some book somewhere that's supposed to be true. So there, it's a sin!

conservativesyd
10/19/13 3:22 am

b4mytime. Where are you getting your information. Unless it's the bible or Book of Mormon.... adiós

b4mytime Orange County, CA
10/19/13 4:02 am

Conservativesyd, why do you restrict yourself to those two books? Have you read every other "holy" book in the world before deciding that those are the only two that are magical?

conservativesyd
10/19/13 4:12 am

First of all there is nothing magical about them. They are holy however and the only true books out there. No, I have not read every "holy" book out there because I know which book is true.

conservativesyd
10/18/13 4:23 pm

Yes. Premarital sex is very wrong. It is immoral and against The Lord. Alma 39:5, from the Book of Mormon states: "Know ye not, my son, that these things are an abomination in the sight of the Lord; yea, most abominable above all sins."

glashberg Wave when you flyover
10/18/13 3:50 pm

In fact I think it's right. Sex is so important to a healthy marriage, you better make sure you're sexually compatible before you're locked in for life.

conservativesyd
10/18/13 4:25 pm

Knowing if your future husband/wife is a good sexual partner should not play a factor into whether you are to be married or not. Loving the person and wanting to spend the rest of your life with the person should be enough.

wookiecookie
10/19/13 1:40 am

You can love someone all you want, at the end of the day if you aren't sexually attracted to them, your not so much in a marriage as you are a contracted friendship.

MisterE Conservistan
10/18/13 3:36 pm

No, but I think both parties should do it with acknowledged commitment to each other.

susanr Colorado
10/18/13 3:35 pm

No. If I did, I'd be a huge hypocrite. I'm 67, have never been married, & have a 46-year-old daughter. I don't think that the way I've conducted my life has been "wrong."

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/18/13 3:29 pm

No, I don't believe it is wrong. Individuals must be responsible in doing so, though.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/18/13 3:30 pm

That applies to both married and unmarried individuals.

Mattwall1
10/18/13 3:32 pm

^^^this^^^

conservativesyd
10/18/13 4:34 pm

I do not agree that it is okay. But when something like that does happen people generally get an abortion, promoting more sex, or letting the child grow up without one parent. The two individuals do NOT take responsibility for their actions.

willthehuman Suburbia
10/18/13 8:26 pm

Yeah I agree L, there is nothing inherently morally wrong with premarital sex in my mind.