icytoes October 18th, 2013 8:35pm

Have you ever felt like life gave you altogether too much to deal with in a single day? A coworker died of cancer today, and my niece was diagnosed with two new tumors today. Tell me what you survived - please?

thewheel
10/20/13 5:16 am

I'm so sorry. My brother died two years ago, and yeah, it's really hard for a while. But it really does get better. It takes a long time to heal, but soon enough you will love their memory more than you miss them.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
10/18/13 10:34 pm

Frosty, God bless you and your niece, and I'm sorry about your coworker. My wife survived colon cancer after. losing 1/3 of her colon and going through several months of chemo. She's been cancer-free for over 5 years now! Keep looking up!

dyousif Rhode Island
10/18/13 9:47 pm

Sorry for your loss, my Stepfather had stomach cancer, it was really hard to watch him wither away day after day. He was as healthy as could be prior to diagnosis.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
10/18/13 8:21 pm

Years ago I was in a serious relationship and after several years it ended. He was my best friend and all my dreams of my future had him in the center. A year later he was engaged to someone we knew. To say I was crushed doesn't begin to describe my pain...I felt lost in every way one can be lost.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
10/18/13 8:26 pm

I still had to interact with them as a couple....imagine the potential bitterness that could have welled up inside me. Somehow, I managed to keep my joy. I joined them for a dinner party every week for yrs. It has been about 10 years now. We are close friends and I am especially close to his wife.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
10/18/13 8:32 pm

10 yrs ago I couldn't imagine that I would ever be able to say his name or think of him without my heart breaking. Time heals, or at least eases the pain...even when you think it's impossible, and even though (deep down) you may not want to feel better just yet. It will get better. Hang in there.

LilL44 Stuck In Suburbia
10/18/13 4:37 pm

I'm so sorry! Lots of thoughts and prayers your way. Hoping thinks will brighten up for you soon. And yeah I know exactly this feeling. Doesn't feel good.

icytoes the tepid north
10/18/13 2:04 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys. I truly am looking for your stories of overcoming sorrow, not just pity. Although a nice pity party is good sometimes…

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/18/13 2:36 pm

I'm sorry, that definitely seems like a lot to handle in one day.

theavgguy I.E.
10/18/13 2:03 pm

Home invasion robbery, left for dead brother killed. Time heals

wego Utah
10/18/13 1:59 pm

I'm so sorry for you. I have trials and tribulations, but I realize things could be worse. Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. xo

bMyComrade Stumptown
10/18/13 1:52 pm

<3 to you in this very tough time.

Kay41 the Midwest
10/18/13 1:42 pm

:( Hugs to you!

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/18/13 1:40 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. )':
Time does heal... But it does suck...

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
10/18/13 1:40 pm

It really does get better.
Hang in there.

dale41 Grand Master of FIRSTS
10/18/13 1:37 pm

I am very sorry for your loss and what has happened to your niece. That is a lot to take in on one day. It will get better.

mikeey1962 on SOH where else
10/18/13 1:36 pm

My wife died of cancer and lost a son in Iraq, yep promise it gets better..

icytoes the tepid north
10/18/13 1:39 pm

I know it does. Man it sucks though. ((hugs))

dawl adulting
10/18/13 1:44 pm

I'm sorry for you both ❤️