DerekWills October 18th, 2013 5:41pm

Should Tony include a way to view who likes your comments and/or specific questions?

jonfrei the boonies
10/19/13 12:18 pm

No - the anonymity contributes to frankness and openness. Without it, I think we would lose a lot of input.

chickencookie Let there be peace
10/18/13 10:52 am

Nooooooo. Then the people who didnt like me who i thought would....nononono

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/18/13 10:42 am

No, no, no. Sorry, but I do not like this idea. Every time it is presented, I give the same answer.
There is truly no reason to know who exactly likes your comment. If anything, I feel it would cause far more issues. I often like comments in

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/18/13 10:43 am

support of those who are in a debate, without getting directly involved. More often than not - you can take a guess as to who liked your comment based upon who else has commented on your poll and shares similar views. I think it would just result in

SugarShaq
10/18/13 10:43 am

I would quit liking at all. It's an invasion of privacy.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/18/13 10:44 am

people calling one another out for liking others' comments. It's most definitely not a feature I would like to see added. At all. I may be the only one who feels this adamantly about it, but still...

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/18/13 10:45 am

I don't have an issue with the privacy factor, per say, but that's another aspect.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/18/13 10:47 am

Then again, I guess most of what I cited falls under privacy. So, yeah. haha

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/18/13 10:52 am

I agree. I don't think identifying "likes" would add much and have the potential to cause distraction. Poll vote visibility would likewise add little. You can already look at someone's stats to see if they are a mass downvoter.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
10/18/13 10:54 am

Yup... I think what exists in 3.0 (I'm using it currently) is great, and there are plans for additions in the future. I just don't want this being one of them. I see no value.

chickencookie Let there be peace
10/18/13 11:03 am

Kyle you are right. It would create hurt feelings.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
10/18/13 12:15 pm

I just wanted to see if people were liking their own comments when I debate... :-) I get a notification that they have replied and I view it immediately and it's already liked... I just think it's funny.

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/18/13 1:00 pm

Eh, so what if they are? Pretend the first "like" for any comment is irrelevant. I've been in debates with multiple "likes" for the other comments & none for mine. Annoying at first but then I tell myself it's because I'm just that uniquely brill B)