Squidboy October 18th, 2013 2:44pm

On average, Men earn more than Women. A recently study suggests that it's because men are more willing to compete for earnings while women are more interested in fixed earnings (link in comments). Do you agree with this study?

beanD California
10/18/13 9:30 pm

I think the study was just afraid to say that women are less likely to get hired bc they're more likely to get pregnant.

think4yourself Not a safe space
10/18/13 10:15 am

Men are also generally more workaholics and work more hours.

DenisC NYC Rome Miami Beach
10/18/13 9:54 am

I still think women the cause (even if it is becoming less and less influential as decades go by) is a sexual discrimination. Regarding the Study, as a guy I can confirm the motives they list for males. For females, we'd have to hear what women think

geoag02 Dallas, TX
10/18/13 8:49 am

It has been my experience that men are also more willing to work overtime.

huskermedic Cincinnati
10/18/13 8:46 am

I think it depends on the person. My wife get's in her boss's face so she has done real well and does not fit in the typical women stereo type this study talks about.

huskermedic Cincinnati
10/18/13 10:29 am

If that is what the study says. I am against paying people more based on sex. You pay for education, type of job and performance.

huskermedic Cincinnati
10/18/13 10:33 am

I like base salary, profit sharing models, bonus for good work. Raise based on tenur.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
10/18/13 10:38 am

Nobody is advocating gender based pay and it's mostly illegal. The gap persists however and this study tried to find some common denominators.

huskermedic Cincinnati
10/18/13 10:52 am

My guess is the study is mostly right. But not every boss or area is like that. You would have to try and include people like my wife, she in no way fits the women stereo type.

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
10/18/13 8:24 am

Wow. 70% is huge.
I still think women have lower average income due to the cumulative effects of time away from the workplace owing to having kids, but this is also significant.

Rainey 633 Stag Trail Road
10/18/13 7:47 am

Yes. I know at my last job I deserved a raise but my boss intimidated me so I never asked.