aj1545 Cat Lady
10/18/13 7:16 am

No. I really don't understand the hype. The child isn't being hurt. Plus they can run around more than in a stroller and the parent doesn't have to worry. I imagine its nice for people with several young children too.

squib Northern New England
10/18/13 2:12 am

I never used one, but I don't judge parents who do. I work in the school system and I know some children are runners, so I am glad the child harnesses are there for the people who do need them. So I don't view bad or good it is just a tool.

ElwoodCornish Baltimore
10/18/13 1:43 am

I don't know if it's bad, but it's just weird.

susanr Colorado
10/17/13 8:16 pm

My parents used one for my brother who had pretty bad ADHD, in places where he could easily get injured if he dashed off (which he always tried to do). They didn't use one with me, because I was a placid little thing. I approve of what they did.

curly
10/17/13 7:58 pm

I think it's rather degrading, but I get the functionality of it. Maybe in some circumstances I could support it, but in general I'm not a fan.

Mattwall1
10/17/13 9:19 pm

Same. I suppose there might be instances, but usually? It's degrading

dustbunny
10/17/13 7:53 pm

I can understand the use for kids with mental disabilities, young kids (1-4) and if the family is at a crowded place like a fair but I see these leashes at the nearly empty mall or grocery stores. What happened to holding your child or discipline?

Praetorianus Fair enough.
10/17/13 7:48 pm

I find it cute but only until about age 5 or so, before they may start to feel embarrassed.

Kris Humidity Central
10/17/13 7:41 pm

What ever happened to holding your parents had or the edge of the cart or their shirt?

I only understand it if the child has a mental disability and cannot handle not wandering.

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
10/17/13 7:43 pm

There are some kids who need ot I agree

and I cam understand it is easier for lazier parents but I can't stamd when they pop the leash like they would to a dog its dumb

I would probably never use one myself

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
10/17/13 7:38 pm

Free the leash kids!!!!

but no I understand it in huge crowds like at theme parks, but when I worked at the mall I saw parents popping the leash like they woukd to a dog and the mall was almost empty