MJSeals October 18th, 2013 1:29am

You selected them (independents will face the winner) 2016 election.

recalcitrant Tennessee
10/19/13 6:30 am

If there was ever a poll that needed an option 'none of the above' this one is it .

jvc1133 61535
10/19/13 6:06 am

I do not want Hillary Clinton in any public office, she's tainted

DenisC NYC Rome Miami Beach
10/18/13 11:17 pm

Oh yeaaaa. Ted Cruz is my hero, wanting to "shut down" and make us "default". Where's he been all this time? Where was he when Bush Jr. was around? needed him back then too, you all know?! Remember? Wall st. Bailouts started, economy plunging...???

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/18/13 9:03 am

Secondly, SOH is not a competition for me and I'm certain that it is not that for you either. I appreciate the commentary from some of the least followed especially those who have set their goal to persuade.

rickvee Living the dream
10/18/13 4:37 am

Ted Cruz was born in Calgary. He CANNOT be elected President...

MJSeals J.D.
10/18/13 7:23 am

Yes he can. They ruled his is legally able to run for president

DenisC NYC Rome Miami Beach
10/18/13 12:30 am

I never liked Hillary Clinton (she's a bitch, oops typo, a meant a witch...!) but Ted Cruz ?!?! The party is over....! He's just another Radical wannabe, looking for his hour of glory, disregarding the interests of the majority of his party. Reckless

moonshot More often I know nothing
10/17/13 11:30 pm

MJ, your followers are mostly nutty.

MJSeals J.D.
10/18/13 8:31 am

Not mostly. But some

DenisC NYC Rome Miami Beach
10/18/13 11:02 pm

I bet you watch Fox News Channel all day, calling people "nutty" !

10/17/13 9:12 pm

I just don't get it. How could anybody possibly want more of what this administration has done to this country. They are completely tearing this country apart at the seams and yet liberals can't wait to eat another spoonful of shit.

10/17/13 9:31 pm

But yet it's the Ted Cruz show that just shut it all down. To get nothing in return for reopening.

10/17/13 9:41 pm

Obama said that since the government shutdown we have spent 25 Billion dollars which has caused massive damage to the economy. Can someone please educate our president? Please inform him that the federal government spends an average of 10 billion

10/17/13 9:42 pm

dollars a day. So if my math is correct, and I have to admit I didn't get a degree from Harvard, but I believe if the government was open we would of spent more like 140 Billion dollars. So thank you Ted Cruz.

10/17/13 9:47 pm

With that logic we should shut it down forever, default, plunge into anarchy and be ruled by the first conquering warlord that emerges. But think of all the money we will save!

10/17/13 9:49 pm

Almost. We should shut most of it down forever. We are already being rules by war lords and if you think we live in a free country that means that you are buying into their propaganda. Politicians are dictating thugs. They don't give a shit about you

10/17/13 9:51 pm

They have created this false dependency. You are damn right we would save a ton of money. We would also live in a free country. Not just claim to.

10/17/13 9:56 pm

Not dictating thugs. But bought and sold puppets without term limits. But shutting most of it down for true freedom is you regurgitation right wing propaganda. Please don't throw stones...

10/17/13 9:59 pm

It's not right wing propaganda. I'm more of a centrist. People are over taxed, over worked, over stressed, over regulated. They steal and redistribute. So much of the government needs to be done away with its ridiculous. Not all of it. Most of it.

10/17/13 10:05 pm

I'll give you over worked/ stressed. But that's business not gov.
Taxes are at historic lows.
Without proper regulation we got the recession due to corporate greed.
So... Now what. I still don't see a valid point to shut down the government

10/17/13 10:07 pm

If we compare tea party to liberal states. You will see conservative states stripping personal rights ( North Carolina)
While my state has now balanced a budget and is beginning to come out of the hole.
So based upon states which model is working?

10/17/13 10:10 pm

Please don't forget that the GOP got NOTHING to reopen the gov. Why? Cause it was a bad idea the more extreme, like Ted Cruz are just too selfish to see that.

10/17/13 10:14 pm

It's ridiculous that you would draw the conclusion that taxes are at a historical low. Considering since the 1950's we've had as many a 55 tax brackets and as few as 2 so it's pretty much impossible to determine that. Plus you are obviously only

10/17/13 10:16 pm

considering the federal income tax levels and not every other tax. How about the gas tax? Maybe that new tax we are getting called Obamacare? Even if what you said was accurate which it isn't. We are still being taxed much more than necessary,

10/17/13 10:16 pm

because we are paying for so many unnecessary government programs.

10/17/13 10:19 pm

Which model is working? LMAO!!! I can't even have this debate anymore now I need some rubber boots it's really getting deep in here especially considering the bottom 5 states in terms of economic growth are all lead by democratic leadership.

10/17/13 10:19 pm

While the top 5 are lead by fiscally conservative government. You want to talk about how the liberal leadership worked out for Detroit, or where it's taking California?

10/17/13 10:20 pm

Or how about the freedom infringing New York and Chicago? How's that gun control working for you?

10/17/13 10:22 pm

Ironic that you dislike taxes so much after our taxes helped your state after Katrina. That is one of the many reasons they are needed. Nobody wants them until they need them.

Also you have to admit that Cruz accomplished nothing.

10/17/13 10:27 pm

Gun control? That's all you have? What about voting rights?
Women's reproductive rights?
Christian agendas in a religiously free country?
Nationally...
Medicare part d?
Unfunded wars?
Tax breaks for big oil and pharma?
This is the " conservative"

10/17/13 10:28 pm

I like funding when funding is necessary. That's what it should be used for, I hate unnecessary taxation, and I disagree that Ted Cruz accomplished nothing. The fight hasn't been won by the left its only been postponed.

10/17/13 10:29 pm

at this point neither side has accomplished much, but at least Cruz had the balls to stand up for the majority of the people in this country that are against the ACA

10/17/13 10:31 pm

Please enlighten me on where it's taking california.
A balanced budget?
More $ for schools?
Construction and job growth?
A booming tech, and housing market?
We have had background checks on guns for years. No prob with me. I own several.

10/17/13 10:31 pm

Proving your a citizen of the country you are voting in isn't important? Killing babies isn't a big deal? I'm not a Republican. I'm for gay rights, legalized marijuana and separation of church and state. Gun control isn't all I have it was just an

10/17/13 10:32 pm

And yet the majority reelected Obama. But are against the ACA?

Now I need the rubber boots and a shovel.

10/17/13 10:34 pm

I could list a million ways that both parties tread on our rights but a million more from the left side. Man I hate to result to insults but I really am giving up. You just can't argue with that kind of ignorance. I'm bowing out.

10/17/13 10:34 pm

There is very little voter fraud documented. What a woman does with her body is none of my business. I'd rather see a busy abortion clinic than read about one baby found dead in a dumpster.

10/17/13 10:36 pm

Your funny. You uphold a dead argument. Your party is losing. Neither side is right. But the tea party is far too extreme for the good of anyone.

10/17/13 9:10 pm

Only here would they be in the same league.

RJ1969 SoCal
10/17/13 8:06 pm

This one would be so close....like by a razor!

encoretx
10/17/13 7:05 pm

Go Ted Cruz!!!

skinner Wisconsin
10/17/13 6:55 pm

I hate both. I'll have to go with Cruz.

TierasPet
10/17/13 6:33 pm

Neither, I don't know who Ted Cruz is. Can someone enlighten me please?

MJSeals J.D.
10/17/13 6:41 pm

Very conservative republican, front runner since his historical "filibuster" over obamacare

TierasPet
10/17/13 6:49 pm

Thank you. Still neither.

10/17/13 9:13 pm

Well good lets hope you don't vote at all.

TierasPet
10/17/13 9:58 pm

I'm hoping for some better candidates. Extremes, in my opinion, are not helpful.

10/17/13 10:03 pm

You aren't even politically educated enough to know the candidates in question. You're just going to walk into the booth and go eenie meenie minie moe and then flip a switch regardless of who's on the ticket. So just stay home.

TierasPet
10/17/13 10:26 pm

First off, those aren't the candidates. Second, you have no business telling me to stay home. Third, I am always educated before I vote. How can you be so presumptive as to judge what I know?

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/18/13 5:00 am

Pretty sharp response Matt to a straight forward question. I don't get it. Politics is not everyone's daily diet. My guess from
Prior threads is Pet would make a great member of any think tank. Seems pretty centered to me.

10/18/13 7:13 am

If you don't know who the man is that every media outlet in America has been screaming about for a month, who led the charge against Obamacare, and was pretty much the largest factor in the government shutdown then I'm sorry? I just don't have any

10/18/13 7:16 am

any faith in your political education. You might be the smartest guy in the world in other areas, but the major issue we have in this country now is low information politically uneducated sheep voting fools like Obama into office. So just stay home.

10/18/13 7:19 am

And I don't care what business you feel that I have to tell you anything. This forum allows me to freely speak my mind. That's actually covered under the constitution. Can you tell me what amendment that is?

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/18/13 7:35 am

Matt... Are you trying to win friends and influence people? You comments represent a rash judgement. I never said I was unaware. Pet did. I said Politics is not everyone's daily diet.

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/18/13 7:39 am

And here is a Personal Amendment: You have a following that will not all agree with your rude response. Life is a conversation and every word is attended to by someone. Did your comment elevate or diminish your influence. Be honest. Not reactive.

10/18/13 8:23 am

Doc I wasn't talking to you. Let me explain something to you though since you feel like you must insert yourself into this conversation. The fact that I speak my mind without holding back is what got me my followers. And considering I've been here

10/18/13 8:25 am

a year and a half shorter than yourself and have almost as many followers I don't think you're the best person to give advice on what my followers like.

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/18/13 8:52 am

Matt, I am one of your followers and therefore highly qualified to tell you what I think. Yes I do appreciate the clarity of your conversation. As your follower I chose to tell you that I did not think your approach was accomplishing your goal

10/18/13 7:36 pm

You know. It just frightens me to think that the majority of our voter base is so out of touch with what's happening in this country. It saddens me that they have no clue, yet they show up on Election Day and flip a switch for whatever

10/18/13 7:38 pm

candidate that the media has portrayed to be the rockstar.

10/18/13 7:39 pm

This person was just asked who he would vote for in an election and his response was, Neither... Wait who's Ted Cruz? LOL

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/18/13 7:56 pm

Chose one. A- Hermit in philosophical alignment with you. B-Someone who
knows all the players names. But it like this, I like your contribution. I commented mostly because I thought your judgement hasty w/o adequate perspective. That's all.

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/18/13 7:58 pm

I have followed Pet for a minute and find him insightful and provocative. Let's get in with changing the World.

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/18/13 8:00 pm

My apology if my comments did not reflect my respect for your position. We do need educated voters.. So let's educate them, not scare them away. If P votes for ______ next time it's all
Your fault... LOL

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/17/13 6:33 pm

A corporatist lefty who will have to be aggressive on foreign affairs to overcome the "woman must be soft on war" stigma or a selfish psychopath who would be down to potentially blow the world economy up for a boost of ratings from the tea party

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/17/13 6:33 pm

and other Republicans... Sounds fun. -crosses fingers for a good independent option-

10/17/13 9:17 pm

There is no such thing as an independent option. Being an independent isn't a political affiliation. It's a state of confusion.

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/17/13 9:20 pm

Posco BBQ Enthusiast
10/17/13 9:20 pm

I don't believe one party can accurately represent 100's of different ideas. It's saying that you agree with certain aspects of the two but neither as a whole.

10/17/13 9:23 pm

"That's not true in the slightest. It means you see bullsh*t establishment party D and bullsh*t establishment party R and said "screw both of them".

Exactly. That's what I did. That's why I've been a registered Libertarian for almost a decade.

10/17/13 9:24 pm

And I was kind of just messing around with you guys. I often stir the pot when I see a good opportunity.

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/17/13 9:26 pm

I agree with a lot of libertarian ideals. It's just hard to govern with them from an American standpoint because government is relatively large and very intrusive to free trade.

Posco BBQ Enthusiast
10/17/13 9:27 pm

Haha I believed it.

10/17/13 9:33 pm

Uh huh. Libertarians are for small government and little to almost no restrictions and regulations on free trade. Look a lot of people say we are anarchists and that just simply isn't true. We believe that there are some significant roles that

Posco BBQ Enthusiast
10/17/13 9:34 pm

You had me at anarchist.

10/17/13 9:35 pm

the federal government plays in society. The Feds have just way over stepped that. We need the federal government to protect the people of this country from threats foreign and domestic, and we are for helping people that actually need it until

10/17/13 9:38 pm

They can stand on their two feet again. Which shouldn't take years. Other then that let the states handle their own governing. I don't need anyone from the other side of the country telling me how I should live my life.

willthehuman Suburbia
10/17/13 6:33 pm

Dear Antler spray is getting to your head.

OKOkie Oklahoma