elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
10/17/13 6:09 pm

I suspect anyone examining my financial resources would say I'm "poor." However, I'm also extremely frugal & squeeze life out of every $ I have. BTW. I have no smart phone. Have no-contract dumb phone & iPod Touch. Live fulltime in PIF RV.

cheeseontop FactsOverFeelings
10/17/13 6:10 pm

Matt look up. ( that's ny location- look up, punny!)

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
10/17/13 6:12 pm

Rely on Hotspot WiFi & limited data Broadband WiFi. Current monthly expenses for "rent," water, electricity, & sewer? Less than $200 p/m. Think I can afford to "splurge" on MiFi device. :-)

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
10/17/13 6:16 pm

Further. We don't buy "newest & best" every time new devices are released. We save for inevitable obsolescence & pay cash when necessary to replace failed devices... or do without.

cheeseontop FactsOverFeelings
10/17/13 6:19 pm

Matt there's an angel showing you the light. Just look up!

cheeseontop FactsOverFeelings
10/17/13 6:03 pm

Anyone considering themself poor should not be holding an iPhone.

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
10/17/13 6:04 pm

...or any smartphone for that matter...

Mattwall1
10/17/13 6:06 pm

True, although isn't this available in pc as well? And who knows when the smartphone was bought. Or by whom for that matter.

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
10/17/13 6:08 pm

matt... someone still needs to pay for a data plan.

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
10/17/13 6:09 pm

matt... if you can afford a computer you aren't poor.

Mattwall1
10/17/13 6:09 pm

On a pc or smartphone? In theory you're right, the problems you're assuming people who have nice things all bought them. Many did, although a blanket statement like that WILL have obvious counterpoints, which is my point here.

cheeseontop FactsOverFeelings
10/17/13 6:11 pm

Haha did we say anything about making a generalization for that? no. seriously, peeps

Mattwall1
10/17/13 6:11 pm

Again was the computer bought before they became poor, was it donated or a gift? You cannot make blanket statements like that and not expect someone to find flaws. Because there are flaws. Yes some try to live beyond their means and shouldn't. But to make a blanket statement about the poor is absurd, especially since this is subjective.

cheeseontop FactsOverFeelings
10/17/13 6:12 pm

Maybe you should read my comment again since you're pretty much repeating your comment.

Mattwall1
10/17/13 6:13 pm

I was responding to goalie. But you said "anyone" which implies a blanket statement.

cheeseontop FactsOverFeelings
10/17/13 6:14 pm

Anyone in the EXCLUSIVE group holding iPhones.

Mattwall1
10/17/13 6:14 pm

I'm not saying there are many who live beyond they're means, and they shouldn't. But if you're going to say anyone, I'm going to point out the counterpoints

Mattwall1
10/17/13 6:16 pm

Why JUST iPhones? And also goalie ,entitled any smart phone, and of course this is also on pc. So were you saying they shouldn't have an iPhone, or just shouldn't buy an iPhone while poor!

Mattwall1
10/17/13 6:19 pm

I don't know which you meant. If they had the iPhone before becoming poor, or didn't buy it and got it as a gift or something (including any plans) than the problem isn't on them. If you meant they shouldn't buy luxuries while poor, that's understandable

cheeseontop FactsOverFeelings
10/17/13 6:21 pm

Oh my gosh. why go through all that effort arguing? obviously the latter. people like arguing too much.