Show Of Hands October 17th, 2013 2:10pm

With no remaining political barriers to its full implementation, do you think the the ACA will be successful in delivering on its goals and promises?

truenuff
10/20/13 4:37 am

Obamacare is a dangerous tax that will significantly impact our society in a negative way. Wait until the bulk if society begins to finally realize what they are personally on the hook for.

gatsbyxxv
10/19/13 5:45 am

While I disagree with tactic used by Republicans in an attempt to defund Obamacare, it should be delayed for at least a year, revamped and modified. But that takes courage to admit you were wrong in pushing through so ego will interfere once again.

dogsaver new Jersey
10/18/13 9:31 pm

It was created out of corruption, by a corrupt people and it will be full of corruption and now help people.

pjn0524 Pacific Northwest
10/18/13 6:56 pm

It's a big pile of suckiness wrapped in garbage.

turkey187
10/18/13 9:12 am

If crime were run by the government, it wouldn't pay.

obamasuxx
10/18/13 1:47 am

It's not a Trojan horse. It's right there. It will have to become single payer or it will collapse.

lightsabr2 The Big Sky
10/17/13 10:43 pm

It's goals (dismantle private health insurance and drive us toward a socialist single payer system)? Yes. It's promises (lowering premiums and expanding coverage)? Not a bloody chance.

bnnt Los Angeles
10/17/13 9:23 pm

Well besides my longtime doctor retiring early and my premiums going up...it's been just peachy!

Labranewf14 Georgia
10/17/13 8:41 pm

Lol the Democrat filter always gets me

Evseng2
10/18/13 7:49 am

The republican filter is more lopsided..

Next time just say "political filters" because they're both showing loyalty..

bchrome
10/17/13 8:26 pm

Democrats are so cute when they ignore harsh reality slapping them in the face.

rcgrant south carolina
10/17/13 7:17 pm

already a lie.. premiums have gone up for a lot or people.
and the list goes on

delcritter
10/17/13 6:40 pm

It was successful in Mass. Why wouldn't it be USA wide. Thanks mitt Romney

Casper Deep inthe Heart ofTexas
10/17/13 7:11 pm

Federal beaurocracy
Fraud
Abuse
High administration costs - 16,0000 IRS agents!

If it is so good They wouldn't have to force us participate.

lightsabr2 The Big Sky
10/17/13 10:45 pm

Also, the ease of repealing a bad state law compared to the challenge of dismantling another huge out of control entitlement.

beast81 Illinois
10/17/13 6:07 pm

Long term, I believe that costs will level out where as they would keep increasing rapidly if nothing changed. Universal healthcare would still be the goal though. people dont realise that one way or another we have been and always will be paying for medical care for the populace in this country...

Casper Deep inthe Heart ofTexas
10/17/13 6:25 pm

Long term there will be less innovation, less talent entering the profession, more administration costs and fewer options for anybody. We will be paying more for everybody's healthcare.

memiata ohio
10/17/13 6:00 pm

We pay for our own insurance. Have for yrs. $10,000 deductible policy has increased $160/mo. as of Aug 1st. Will be going up more as of Jan 1st. Where will it end? We cannot afford to keep paying for everyone else. It's just sad.

memiata ohio
10/17/13 5:55 pm

Our insurance on a $10,000 deductible plan, that we pay for ourselves, & have had for yrs.,has gone up $160/mo. We have been told that it will increase more in January. So much for the economy growing. Any extra now is paying for someone else's insurance. Sad.

memiata ohio
10/17/13 6:02 pm

Sorry for the double post. 1st comment didn't show up for some reason

run100wyo wide open WY
10/18/13 1:43 am

Got you topped. Our insurance went up $390 per month for the same coverage as we have now, only less providers in the market plan as they peel away.

rcgrant south carolina
10/18/13 6:02 pm

wanna trade I seen almost a 900 a month increase... looks like I pay the fine

Agonist Iowa
10/17/13 5:40 pm

Republicans are such hypocrites!! Obamacare is nearly identical to Romneycare (remember Romney, your standard-bearer in 2012), but because a Dem passed healthcare reform you're against it.

memiata ohio
10/17/13 6:04 pm

Who says that anybody wanted Romney care?

rcgrant south carolina
10/17/13 7:21 pm

I could care less who's name is on it I don't want it. also it may ne good on a stat to state system but to be ran by the feds is a terrible idea

theavgguy I.E.
10/17/13 10:05 pm

Carter was 1st, than Clinton, than Obama. It never had been the Romney plan.

lightsabr2 The Big Sky
10/17/13 10:47 pm

(A copy-paste from my reply in another area addressing this)

Torfin Never Behind
10/17/13 5:09 pm

It has a string of failures already.

Gunfighter
10/17/13 4:42 pm

All is not lost yet. The House of Representatives can vote to defund Obamacare at any time. They hold the country's pocketbook.

10/17/13 4:47 pm

As an entitlement most of the funding for Obamacare is non-discretionary. It gets paid for automatically, and that can't be changed unless they change the law. That's why it started even when the fed govt was shut down.

theNobamist Silicon Valley
10/18/13 1:25 pm

And Boner likes his man-purse. LOSER

mcdkm Houston
10/17/13 3:47 pm

You're kidding, right? They took 3 years and spent more than eBay and Amazon combined to develop a website and couldn't even deliver that.

hazhap1 Las Vegas
10/17/13 3:45 pm

My great insurance coverage is going from $114 a month to $507 mo for the same coverage. But since I'm young and healthy I qualify for catastrophic coverage for $221 a month ($6500 deductible must be met before it kicks in) What a complete scam!

danno9
10/17/13 3:21 pm

Medicare does not work for me. I am retired military and just got forced onto it at a cost of $1250 a year. My previous military plan was $260 a year. Additionally Obama thinks he can cut $750,000,000 from Medicare. He says much of that is

danno9
10/17/13 3:23 pm

fraud, waste, waste, and abuse. So no, Medicare is just another government program that is not working.

danno9
10/17/13 3:15 pm

Experience shows absolutely not.

goodquestion CA
10/17/13 3:17 pm

Ummm, experience in what? Medicare works...what's the big f'in deal?

purplemonkey New York
10/17/13 3:09 pm

I don't necessarily think it will be successful, but I think it deserves a chance to fail or succeed

greatnest florida
10/17/13 3:05 pm

It worked and works in Massachusetts under mitt Romney as governor and it will work with the whole country

10/17/13 3:07 pm

It cut the number of uninsured in half there, and drive premiums through the roof. Not what I would call "worked."

comppete Las Vegas
10/17/13 2:41 pm

We are now all lemmings running towards the cliffs.

Fiftysiete California
10/17/13 2:35 pm

States with republican governors or controlled legislatures are still fighting it and for some reason don't want to take federal money for it. Not like they gladly take fed money for very thing else oh wait...

10/17/13 3:01 pm

They're being asked to lay out billions with a *promise* that they'll be repaid by the federal govt. They're never going to see more than a fraction of that money.

Fiftysiete California
10/17/13 4:23 pm

Do you realize that most of those states are already taking more money from the fed then they give so I think its the least they could do

Fiftysiete California
10/17/13 5:37 pm

Where's the reply here you just want to complain where you have an audience but when facts are presented you run away cause you don't have opinion that isn't pre-approved by a party that doesn't even know why it's own message is be your own person

mphanley Small Town
10/17/13 2:20 pm

Here's my biggest beef: if I need to save money to live (the gov is terrible at figuring cost of living just look at the FAFSA), I can't because I am forced to buy insurance. This is like telling everyone they HAVE to buy a car or pay a fine

mphanley Small Town
10/17/13 2:21 pm

And I know it's not exact comparison...it's an analogy for heavens sake

Fiftysiete California
10/17/13 2:48 pm

Do you have a car? Insurance for that car? Do you think your smart? Do you have health insurance? Your 'analogy' sucks and I'm sorry your governor is too stupid to take federal money to support the ACA

10/17/13 3:02 pm

It's a perfect analogy. No one has to buy car insurance. The only way to avoid the fine for not buying health insurance is to stop breathing.

mphanley Small Town
10/17/13 3:14 pm

Ah yes....we disagree and so I'm stupid..I love that discussion technique

mphanley Small Town
10/17/13 3:14 pm

Ah yes....we disagree and so I'm stupid..I love that discussion technique

goodquestion CA
10/17/13 3:19 pm

No, it's like telling everyone they have to have car insurance SO THAT ALL OTHER MOTORISTS DON'T HAVE TO BANK ROLL THEIR COSTS!!! It makes perfect sense, actually.

10/17/13 4:19 pm

You don't have to drive. You do have to breathe.

Fiftysiete California
10/17/13 4:25 pm

Yes an someone has to pay your ER bill and it should be you not the rest of us

10/17/13 4:31 pm

People paying the fine instead if buying the insurance will still go to the ER. People buying the cheapest plans on the exchange will only get catastrophic coverage and will still go to the ER. Illegal aliens are exempt from the ACA and will still go

10/17/13 4:31 pm

To the ER.

Obamacare isn't going to save any money at the ER.

10/17/13 4:33 pm

The problem with people that don't read past the headlines or think politicians will tell them the truth is that they think they know a lot of things that they really don't know.

arborfamilia on top of the hill
10/17/13 1:58 pm

The problem with this question is, is America clear on what the goals are?

That said, yes. The ACA has already enabled tens of thousands of people to get health insurance, which I believe was it's key goal. In my state alone, 10% uninsured now are.

mcdkm Houston
10/17/13 3:51 pm

A total of about 38,000 so far. At the current rate that people are signing up it will take about 50 years for everybody to be insured. THEY DON'T WANT IT!

arborfamilia on top of the hill
10/17/13 3:56 pm

Inaccurate. Because of Oregon's ability to expand Medicaid coverage, under ACA, 56,000 people now have insurance in this state alone.

goodquestion CA
10/17/13 1:54 pm

Yes, it WILL be successful, in time. The kinks will get worked out. Medicare works, the VA works ( when properly funded), and Obamacare will, too. You can mark my words. Believe it!

ozzy
10/17/13 2:13 pm

I guess you got the blue pill. Lol

10/17/13 3:05 pm

Right up until we go insolvent, which should be in about 10 years.

goodquestion CA
10/17/13 3:24 pm

Oz & Screw: you just don't realize that uninsured people costs all of us loads in taxes AND leaves those folks uncared for; much better to have medical available to the vast majority, as a country of our wealth and status should offer, fercrissakes.

10/17/13 3:40 pm

If your argument is that I should pay for their care because I can afford it, you are wrong. If your argument is that I can save on my taxes by paying directly for their care, you are stupid and wrong.

mcdkm Houston
10/17/13 3:56 pm

Insurance rates go up for 87% of the people so an additional 3% can have insurance while 10% are still uninsured. It's not even projected to be a success.

theNobamist Silicon Valley
10/17/13 1:43 pm

The question is: are the ACA programmers now helping the NSA to collect our info, or are the NSA guys going to fix ACA?

coaxkid Northern California
10/17/13 2:02 pm

Can I call a whaaabulance for you?

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/17/13 4:26 pm

They're all out having a beer with all the IRS new-hires because there's not much work for any of them until the site works and people sign up.

theNobamist Silicon Valley
10/17/13 1:41 pm

Gee, 24% yet the name on the bill got re-elected. Hmmmm....

Evseng2
10/18/13 7:54 am

Hmmm... If you use your brain it makes sense.

1. The bill is AFFORDABLE CARE ACT, so the name of the bill never got elected
2. SoH is a small sample size of all the Americans who voted
3. That being said, a lot more democrats disprove

Evseng2
10/18/13 7:54 am

Of ACA but still back Obama for president.

Didn't think it was that hard to understand

lmurder MDK
10/17/13 1:34 pm

How about Kentucky sliding in their funding. Can you say shady. Guarantee none of their officials are reelected. Bye McConnell!

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
10/17/13 1:27 pm

Designed for failure & to suck as many resources as possible, ultimate failure - by program & those subjected to its tyranny - unavoidable.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
10/17/13 1:32 pm

Core, oft repeated, promises already a dream. "If you like your health insurance, you can KEEP your health insurance. If you like your Dr, you can KEEP your Dr. Premiums will go DOWN, not up." Hard to keep Dr when not in new exchange or left practice

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
10/17/13 1:35 pm

Just as many uninsured before PP&ACA as after. Not to mention those who had perfectly acceptable/reasonable insurance being dumped into exchanges for more $, less quality service.
Bait & switch.

Vincere Seattle
10/17/13 1:20 pm

It won't be all unicorns and rainbows, but by its structure, the ACA could actually lower average healthcare costs in the long-run. We'll see.

tbone79 Arizona
10/17/13 1:07 pm

no, definitely not. The system is designed for ultimate faliure.

jdpugh Tigard or
10/17/13 12:55 pm

Democrats are delusional.

FrankH Topeka, Westboro
10/17/13 1:11 pm

They M not all B delusional. A lot O them are probably J stupid lol

chickencookie Jihad Joe
10/17/13 12:37 pm

Obamacare Website Violates Licensing Agreement for Copyrighted Software | The Weekly Standard bit.ly/16iJ5ty

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/17/13 1:31 pm

Buncha amateurs. The govt contracts this out with no competitive bidding to a non-US company with an iffy track record that used Open Source software?? OMG.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
10/17/13 1:36 pm

I guess that must be one of those jobs Americans don't want (sarc).

10/17/13 3:09 pm

Didn't Obama blast Romney during the campaign for outsourcing jobs. What a HUGE fucking hypocrite.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
10/17/13 5:09 pm

Nobody remembers that Screw and we are bomb strapping anarchists.

Evseng2
10/18/13 7:57 am

Chicken... People remember that, don't play us like fools

Screw- all politicians are fuckin hypocrites, don't be surprised when that one thing turns up

10/18/13 8:31 am

All politicians are hypocrites, true. But not every politician is a "huge fucking" hypocrite. Obama is the worst I've ever seen. No scruples. Not a shred of integrity.

At least Bush had the decency to smirk when he was lying to your face.

Evseng2
10/18/13 8:36 am

Haha no.. Still wrong.
ALL politicians are huge fuckin hypocrites. That's their game.
If two people are hypocrites.. Is one better than the other?
No.. They both are awful

Spiritof76 USA 1776
10/17/13 12:24 pm

Can someone here please comment on how the ACA has personally benefited them or will benefit them in the future? Please be as specific as possible. No generalities.

missmorganmarie ...
10/17/13 1:30 pm

my friend can now get coverage that she couldn't get before because she has a pre existing medical condition that insurance wouldn't cover

goodquestion CA
10/17/13 1:58 pm

Obamacare is going to save me $200+ per MONTH over my previous insurance through my employer. You should really look into it! Some people are going to save more than this.

arborfamilia on top of the hill
10/17/13 2:02 pm

My little sister (under 26 still) has health insurance through my parents; she started her own business instead of going to college, and couldn't afford her own insurance.

Spiritof76 USA 1776
10/17/13 3:12 pm

Ok, great comments, thanks. I truely hope it will help individuals and families with budgetary concerns, but it's
long-term viability is in question. Any Fed program is always met with a tremendous amount of bureaucracy and
waste. We'll see.

10/17/13 3:12 pm

#1and #3 good for them, we are all paying for you coverage with higher premiums. You're welcome.

Good - bullshit. The premiums on the exchanges aren't even fixed until Jan 1. You're a terrible liar.

arborfamilia on top of the hill
10/17/13 3:42 pm

... It would have helped me, too, because it requires insurance companies to provide breast pumps, something even my employer-provided plan didn't do previously.
Unfortunately WHAT pump is still at their discretion; I paid for a decent one myself.

10/17/13 4:22 pm

Who do you think pays for your insurance- provided breast pump? You do.

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/17/13 4:30 pm

Arboreality, why should you NOT buy your own breast pump? And nail clippers, shampoo, toilet paper...

arborfamilia on top of the hill
10/18/13 11:20 pm

@2katz That's a complicated question. The decent ones cost $3-400, which is mostly a scam. They are necessary to return to work due to inadequate US maternity leave. Having one therefore supports infant health. That's why they should be covered.

ozzy
10/17/13 12:17 pm

Already a terrible failure. Will ruin the economy. ACA is only insurance - wait till we all try to use it ! There is no access to health care for the poor under the ACA. High deductibles before any insurance kicks in.

arborfamilia on top of the hill
10/17/13 1:58 pm

You have no idea what you are talking about.

ozzy
10/17/13 2:10 pm

I am a hospital administrator !!! Tell me again how I don't know about the ACA !!??!!

danwh1290
10/17/13 2:17 pm

Which hospital? You seem a little angry sir.

10/17/13 4:23 pm

Ask literally any old person how easy it is to get health care with Medicare coverage. Any single one.

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/17/13 4:33 pm

Screwu, (whispering) Medicare has been providing me excellent care and immediate access. I pay for the top supplemental and drug plan. So far they haven't messed it up too bad.

10/17/13 4:35 pm

Well there's what, 18 people living in Nebraska? ;)

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/17/13 4:40 pm

Screwy, LOL, more like 50 if you count some cows. I get your point though. One reason I came home to retire is the small town relationships with doctors and local health care systems. It is different in urban areas.

whatever FL
10/17/13 12:14 pm

It's impossible to deliver on its promise, because it's really just a money grab for insurance companies. The biggest travesty in all of this is that Repubs insist on calling it socialized medicine, instead of calling a spade a spade. Wonder why? $$$

mac007 Mars
10/17/13 12:11 pm

Yes, for the sake of those who need it I hope it does work out. Time will tell.

RazeSkynet Charlotte
10/17/13 11:05 am

In times like these fellas it's important to remember what we had.... never forget what we HAD. those memories will fuel the revolution.

I really hope that it's Anonymous who is sabotaging the a c a website. (uncapitalized purposely.)

CallMeSmith The Tardis
10/17/13 1:05 pm

Anon is way to radical. Used to assist them with social media and site management but I backed out after some of the stuff they began doing.

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/17/13 4:36 pm

The web site is not being sabatoged. You can easily read about it being poorly designed with Open Source software by a Canadian company without competitive bidding. Plenty of info out there.

affd
10/17/13 10:59 am

People already talking about high deductibles and losing their regular doctor... two things that were promised not to change for anyone

ken08106
10/17/13 10:57 am

Hahahaha, yeh right! Good one SOH.

dustbunny
10/17/13 10:35 am

No. I work closely with people who receive medical benefits and providers. I am already hearing horror stories of high deductibles, not enough coverage, waiting lists, not enough doctors, people finding loop holes to cheat the system...

alek12 Orlando
10/17/13 10:26 am

$500 deductible, $2000 out of pocket max and $17 a month. I believe yes.

theavgguy I.E.
10/17/13 10:29 am

sorry there is no out-of-pocket cap

ken08106
10/17/13 10:58 am

Alek, youre dreaming buddy.

arborfamilia on top of the hill
10/17/13 2:06 pm

@theavguy there IS an out of pocket max. Please, check your information.

alek12 Orlando
10/17/13 2:12 pm

No I'm not. This is the insurance I just signed up for.

10/17/13 4:26 pm

Not with a dollar value for a deductible you didn't. I'll give you the benefit of assuming you don't quite understand your new plan.

ken08106
10/17/13 8:21 pm

Alek, that would make your plan better than anyone else i know who has an employer provided plan in which the employer pays most of the cost. You must be mistaken

alek12 Orlando
10/17/13 8:28 pm

Well I'm not. I know what plan I got. I've been looking since it opened and have read this plan over. With my subsidy, this is what it is.

Soz520 Belle Mead
10/17/13 10:20 am

Shut the Phuck Republicans you can't even count or get your facts straight. 12 of the 17 trillion dollars were spending done by BUSH not Obama. I think you all need to be informed better

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/17/13 10:24 am

I see you're new. Please understand that speaking to people like that here does happen but it creates a very unfriendly hostile place which discourages many people from stating their thoughts and ultimately we all lose.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
10/17/13 10:26 am

Wow you are really educated. 12 of the 17 were spent by Bush??? 5.8 trillion was given to Bush from Clinton, Bush added on another 5 trillion to that. So when Obama took office it was at 10tril. Learn to educate before commenting.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
10/17/13 10:47 am

Technically Obama claims 7 trillion of the Debt. Get back in reality.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
10/17/13 10:48 am

I can see who has shut the Phuck up. Idiotic comments lead to silence.

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/17/13 10:53 am

Most of us don't want anyone to shut up here, regardless of their views. We want a place we can voice our opinions respectfully and receive respect in return. Name callers ruin that for everyone.

jdengel
10/17/13 11:06 am

This is a drone... Nothing Obama or the democrats do will ever be wrong

anarchy GET OFF MY LAWN
10/17/13 11:07 am

Soz: how ironic that you would end such a ludicrous post with a lecture on other people informing themselves better. You're ignorant. Try again later.

skacey best poll is evenly split
10/17/13 12:04 pm

Presidents don't spend money, congress spends money. It doesn't matter who is in the White House.

anarchy GET OFF MY LAWN
10/17/13 12:28 pm

Skacey? Is that a serious post?

skacey best poll is evenly split
10/17/13 8:00 pm

The majority of spending is appropriated by congress. The president does have some latitude, but it pales in comparison to congressional control of the budget.