violence October 17th, 2013 3:32am

Would you like to be able to 'block' users rather than just 'ignore' them? (Difference being blocked users couldn't follow you, respond to your polls, or see/respond to your comments.)

skacey best poll is evenly split
10/17/13 3:18 am

Whatcha all hiding from? I don't believe that anyone on this little device has any sway over my life. Follow me, or don't, I don't care a bit. And if you really want to find me, I use the same handle on all social media. Bring it.

susanr Colorado
10/16/13 9:23 pm

No. At first glance it seems like a good idea, but consider that it could be used to block everybody you don't particular agree with, creating polls where only those of the same mind as the poll creator could enter. I envision little fiefdoms

violence Pretty hate machine
10/16/13 9:24 pm

Only if that's what the user wants... But why would that be a problem? I don't think the vast majority of users would do that.

susanr Colorado
10/16/13 9:25 pm

springing up, & I don't like the thought of that.

It's kinda like the idea of a "dislike" button. Sounds like a good idea, if you dislike a person's comment. Until it's used to gang up on *you.*

I'd rather just try to get along.

susanr Colorado
10/16/13 9:26 pm

Maybe. I don't know. It's not what I want to see here, though.

(And when I say "just get along," I'll add that I do my share of ignoring & unfollowing, when things get particularly rough for me.)

alek12 Orlando
10/16/13 9:27 pm

I agree with you Susan. I do think there should be something better though. There's some people that I'd like to not here from anymore.

violence Pretty hate machine
10/16/13 9:29 pm

It wouldn't need to be a big thing. I don't think the person being blocked should get a notice they've been blocked and made to feel bad about it.

violence Pretty hate machine
10/16/13 9:29 pm

But when a user consistently follows you from poll to poll (yours and other users) in an attempt to berate you, I think that's too much. Especially if you've no way to stop them.

fredd TrumpLand
10/16/13 9:37 pm

I agree with what Susan said. If there is a user who is consistently harassing someone, Tony has said he has ways to handle it if you email him about it.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
10/17/13 12:22 am

Who cares Susan? What's so wrong with that?

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/16/13 9:15 pm

Apparently you've p*ssed off some people cause they are so butt hurt over you. It's annoying and irritating. Also a little shocking since its coming from some of the "open minded" people. *scoffs*

violence Pretty hate machine
10/16/13 9:23 pm

Exactly. It's utterly ridiculous and it's not as though *I* sought *them* out to inflict my opinions upon them. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Kris Humidity Central
10/16/13 8:49 pm

If you ignore someone now, don't quote me, but if they aren't following you it should prevent them from doing so.
If they are really such a bother, you can always email Tony to take them off your followers, if need be

violence Pretty hate machine
10/16/13 8:53 pm

I would feel too whiny to be that bothersome...

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/16/13 9:20 pm

I can contact tony for something like that? There is someone who hates me on my followers list and ever since he expressed that attitude to me, my questions haven't been ever at 100% which is what they were frequently beforehand.

Tony SOH Founder
10/16/13 9:44 pm

If someone is really bugging you, shoot me an email. I'll unfollow that person from you, then you can block him/her which will prevent a refollow.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/16/13 8:43 pm

Yes I would like that feature. You can ignore someone all you want but they can still lurk your polls.

BadUsername
10/16/13 8:42 pm

YES!! PLEASE TONY!!!

megomez712 Vagabond
10/16/13 8:41 pm

It'd be a nice feature to have even if I don't presently have a need for it

Think Lovin Life
10/17/13 4:34 am

Beach ... I never agree with you, until now!

I never will block, hide or ignore as I see it as a cowardly way to avoid this mess we call reality.

curly
10/16/13 8:35 pm

Seems a little vindictive...

violence Pretty hate machine
10/16/13 8:36 pm

No. I've wanted to be able to block users for a LONG time. I don't see why it's not a standard feature.

curly
10/16/13 8:39 pm

Is it so hard to avoid people currently? I guess I don't see the need, but it couldn't hurt to to have the feature. I take people get under skin rather easily?

violence Pretty hate machine
10/16/13 8:42 pm

There are some people that, when I disagree with them, feel the need to follow me around the app acting like a vindictive five year old whose puppy I just ran over.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/16/13 8:42 pm

No, there are many people who follow others just to down rate their polls and harass them at any given chance. You haven't experience that and that's awesome, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

violence Pretty hate machine