rower14 October 16th, 2013 7:24pm

Driving is the number one cause of teen deaths. Should the driving age be raised to 17/18 or the only way to pass the written driving test at drivers ed is the get above a 90%.

tash97 viva la vida
10/16/13 4:48 pm

I think you need to get a better score. I was talking to some people recently and to pass you actually don't need to score that high

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/16/13 4:46 pm

Better grades have a correlation to driving safety.

indigobleu dog taxi
10/16/13 4:20 pm

Get rid of cell phones. Less texting would solve some of it.

Mooo42Q Thats Nucking Futs
10/16/13 3:53 pm

Better scores. People vary and should be able to prove they're worthy.

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
10/16/13 3:41 pm

Should it be mandated for teens to go through a aggressive driving course similar to what cops go through? Not a horrible idea.. If not mandated, then subsidized cost? Then we could have a bunch of teens schooled in getaways...

kbluebird Denial
10/16/13 2:33 pm

I have always heard very convincing arguments that the driving age should be 18, and I agree.

stefanie22 Cincinnati
10/16/13 2:27 pm

Actually more & more people are waiting until they are 18 or older to get a license which has made the roads more dangerous because these people don't have to go trough the many hours of training that 16 year old does.

stefanie22 Cincinnati
10/16/13 2:28 pm

Read something about this a couple months ago, can't remember where though

Bekka Just relaxing...
10/16/13 2:24 pm

I think more (supervised) experience in many different situations is beneficial. Knowing the rules is good, but being able to react and make judgments is even more important.

rower14
10/16/13 1:03 pm

I got a speeding ticket and went to this class instead of having it show up on my record and the kids in this class I thought constantly how did they get their licenses. They didn't know basic rules of the road and how to read traffic.

jonfrei the boonies
10/16/13 12:59 pm

I would change the "learners permit" system to an apprenticeship system, raise the required scores, and require a breath-alcohol interlock on every car on the road. I have more ideas, but am running out of room & need to sleep!

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/16/13 12:34 pm

Let's start with better scores and go from there. I know people who got a license and they only passed with like 75ish. That's not good enough IMO. These are huge pieces of machinery we are working with. You should prove you know how to use them

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/16/13 12:34 pm

almost flawlessly before you are granted that privilege

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/16/13 12:35 pm

Also can I share this question?

rower14