GrandmaALiCE October 16th, 2013 3:27pm

Rewording of SOH poll, to see how the results might change. "Unprotected sex": A man and woman are both medically able to reproduce, but neither one uses birth control. (Please feel free to share this poll.) Do you have unprotected sex?

jms in the middle of Nowhere
10/17/13 7:36 am

Shouldn't be able to have children anymore (there's always a tiny chance even with tubes tied) so I'm going with no unprotected sex here.

icytoes the tepid north
10/16/13 12:06 pm

I am no longer able to medically reproduce, so no.

camigirl
10/16/13 11:29 am

There's not a snowballs chance in hell I would have sex without protection. Not at my age.
Diseases are no concern in my specific situation, but pregnancy is a big no no hah.

Rosebud Ohio
10/16/13 10:57 am

If that were all true, we'd always use it. Mostly NFP but that's certainly birth control. Exception being try to get pregnant.

wookiecookie
10/16/13 9:56 am

Lately yes (pregnant). Before then, well before getting married and using the pill, I wouldn't let a guy even think about doing the deed with me if we didn't have a condom. I was very very paranoid about that.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
10/16/13 3:15 pm

Hey, a woman calls the shots when it comes to her own body. Good for you. :)

ajpreyes Laveen
10/16/13 9:28 am

Everyone sexually active has had unprotected sex. Everyone. Your children are proof of this.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/16/13 10:10 am

Not true at all. When I got pregnant with my son I was on two type of birth control. They are not fail proof.

ajpreyes Laveen
10/16/13 10:16 am

I apologize. 99% of folks with children then.

Reneezii Exodus 20. 8 to 11
10/16/13 10:37 am

Not if you've had artificial insemination. What about that?

ajpreyes Laveen
10/16/13 10:52 am

Most situations of artificial insemination are when traditional means, unprotected sex, aren't viable. Most of the others are when it's not desirable to try traditional mean, such as same sex couples. Another small percentage is women who ...

Rosebud Ohio
10/16/13 10:53 am

Or people who don't have kids?
My brother and I, my husband, my older daughter, my step-nephew and niece/nephew on the way, a friend's son are all bc children. For me, the pill made me fertile. Some, condoms broke. Others, that 1%-3%.

ajpreyes Laveen
10/16/13 10:55 am

... just don't want to have sex or a male partner true. So I'll apologize again for generalizing and say instead the vast majority of couples who have birthed children have had unprotected sex.

ajpreyes Laveen
10/16/13 10:59 am

Now it's getting ridiculous. My comment stated "had children". Seriously, what is this stigma against unprotected sex? If everyone had only protected sex our viability as a species would end.

Rosebud Ohio
10/16/13 11:03 am

No it didn't.... And there's nothing wrong with unprotected sex in the right circumstance. I love it, but only have it with my husband when I'm not ovulating. So most of the time. People are pointing out how ridiculous your comment was.

Reneezii Exodus 20. 8 to 11
10/16/13 11:04 am

Here on SOH, you can't make "sure-fire" comments like that. Somebody WILL find a loophole and make you feel like an idiot. Lol I've learned that the hard way.

ajpreyes Laveen
10/16/13 11:11 am

I don't feel like an idiot. The points made that involved having children were legitimate and it's still clear that the vast majority of children are produced by unsafe sex.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
10/16/13 8:58 am

#1: Are we married? If not, we don't have sex. Period.
#2: Do we want a child now? If not, No.

Reneezii Exodus 20. 8 to 11
10/16/13 8:46 am

Not since I got pregnant the second time only 5 months after the first was born! My husband's not touching me without protection! Lol

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/16/13 8:41 am

I see protection and birth control as different issues. Protection is about disease prevention. Not birth control.

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
10/16/13 10:10 am

You're right. That's the way it is commonly used. I was just trying to improve on the original SOH question. Even if I defined the term wrong, please play along and answer, by my definition.

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/16/13 10:19 am

Okay Gramma,

Then I'd say unless they have some formal legal arrangements to care for their potential progeny then they should not loose their heads and engage in this senseless high-risk bout of mutual masturbation. Unwanted procreation risk too

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/16/13 10:21 am

high.

So granny how's that? I hope it's more to your liking at least as far as playing along. Also, easy to say not being in the heat of the moment. Lol.

TrogdorORL n dimensional
10/16/13 8:31 am

You don't say that they are married so the choice is obvious to me

camigirl
10/16/13 8:37 am

That isn't necessarily relevant to the question.

JanuaryLove
10/16/13 8:58 am

She used a random couple to define "unprotected sex," but the specific question asks about you, personally. Do YOU have unprotected sex?