Rosebud October 15th, 2013 5:59pm

Recently there was a "glitch" in the EBT system that temporarily removed the upper spending limit. Who's the bigger villain - the people who knowingly used more than they "had", or the stores that accepted EBT during the glitch?

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/16/13 6:47 am

By far the people they know what the limits are. They cam get off their asses and get jobs.

fredd TrumpLand
10/15/13 11:06 pm

I say people, but the stores were also bloody stupid. In any transaction they should be aware of the possibility of fraud.

dustbunny
10/15/13 1:54 pm

It's dishonest and I hope they can figure out a way to find those people and make them pay it back. That money didn't come from a politician's pocket, it came out of mine and yours.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
10/15/13 11:37 am

I have a friend who works in Meijers ( not sure if I am spelling that right). She said quite often when customers have no money on their EBT's they just take out a credit card and pay that way. Tax dollars at work.

susanr Colorado
10/15/13 11:52 am

I don't understand why that's a problem. Are people in need not supposed to have credit cards, or are they not supposed to spend more than the government allots them for food?

chickencookie Jihad Joe
10/15/13 12:06 pm

I never knew people on welfare also had credit cards.

susanr Colorado
10/15/13 12:48 pm

I thought EBT included food stamps. I thought people could be on food stamps for a number of reasons - including members of the military, disaster victims (here in CO, people who lost homes in the floods) & people working but making below

susanr Colorado
10/15/13 12:49 pm

poverty wages. No people like that have credit cards, even prepaid ones? Or debit cards that look like credit cards?

chickencookie Jihad Joe
10/15/13 1:10 pm

I dont know to be honest. I do know when i worked at the mall customers came in daily with their ebt's and they were loaded down with sephora and lord and taylor packages.

tokala
10/15/13 1:18 pm

I am on EBT and I also have a debit card. Food stamps do not cover all of your food expenses. I receive only $15.00 a month. That doesn't even feed me for one week. Many families struggle like this and have a money source whether it's being on

chickencookie Jihad Joe
10/15/13 1:19 pm

$15 a month? Is that all people get?

tokala
10/15/13 1:20 pm

Disability, like me, or it's a one parent household or one parent out of work. But many people on FS do have another source of money. It's just not enough to eat on so food stamps supplements that.

tokala
10/15/13 1:22 pm

It depends on how much income you have and how big your family is. Before my disability came through I got $200.00 a month. Now I can barely feed myself because after rent, utilities and other necessary bills I now have to find money to eat on.

tokala
10/15/13 1:23 pm

And it's just not there.

jvc1133 61535
10/15/13 11:16 am

It's a crime,they all should be prosecuted , if it were robbery is it the business fault?

Think Lovin Life
10/15/13 11:10 am

This is fraud, those who took advantage should be prosecuted, and then NEVER allowed ANY public assistance again.

MadCow True GOP
10/15/13 11:08 am

If this was a stock market glitch instead of EBT, everyone would be praising those people as Capitalists.

Think Lovin Life
10/15/13 11:26 am

Only MrO, Wall Street's biggest beneficiary, would view it that way.

Rosebud Ohio
10/15/13 11:00 am

The stores didn't all get full refunds of the goods sold, by the way. I was talking to the clerk at Costco today, he said they accepted them because they didn't know how long it'd last and they wanted people to be able to eat. Enough people took

Rosebud Ohio
10/15/13 11:02 am

advantage that the store lost $1,300 in the relatively short time they were down. He said they wanted to trust the shoppers, but will not do it again if a similar situation occurs.