Do you have any organization tips to share with others?
If you saw my locker, you wouldn't want organizational tips from me.
No, but you should check out Pinterest.
I keep a running grocery list on my phone and shop on Tuesday- local store gives discount.
I do all my laundry on Saturday night (I work Tues-Sat so Sat is my Friday. While doing that I water plants, clean out my purse/file receipts, pay bills.
I have clear drawers for clothes in my closet, labeled with things like "Sweatshirts" and "Everyday Teeshirts". Makes putting clothes away very quick.
For work I just buy matching black socks so don't have to match them. Just bought 10 new pairs.
Sticky notes. Lots and lots of sticky notes.
Wright it down. Don't depend on your memory or that you'll be there forever.
Yeah I have to write everything down. I will forget it otherwise.
Agreed. Sadly, if I don't write it down fas, I'll forget what I had to write down.
Never listen to a thing I say regarding organization lol
Lots of people dislike organization :)
Stay away from SOH app. Its the only way you will accomplish anything else in your life.
A days work in a days time. Never leave e-mail unread and all e-mail should fall into one of these categories:
1. FYI - no action needed by you - read and file/delete immediately
2. Quick response (1 or 2 lines max) - respond then file/delete
3. Long response required - pick up the phone and call - file/delete
4. Research required - add to your to do list then file/delete
Good one! I do similar things with both email and mail, as well as anything else that comes into the house.
You sound like you do this already but I keep a notebook in my purse that has a list of everything I need to do that day. If it does not get finished that day it gets put on the list for the next day.
Reanna's are great - I have just one / hire an assistant
Would love to do that! Haha. :)
Now I'm sure there's something I haven't thought of, so I'm hoping someone has a good tip. :)
Between college, a household to run, work (luckily not much at all), and a 3 year old daughter, I have a lot on my plate so staying organized is a must.
1) I use my calendar app on my phone to keep track of all I need to do, like ...
... Bills, assignments, errands, appointments.
2) I make a menu for dinner each week and a grocery list based on that.
3) I have a cleaning "schedule" where I do a bit of cleaning each day, every day but Sunday.
4) I have a to do list for school by
due date of assignments and tests.
5) I schedule homework and study time. Easy because I'm home with my daughter 5 days of the week and I can really only do it during her afternoon quiet time or when she is in bed.
6) I pay upcoming bills every week.