Show Of Hands October 14th, 2013 2:32am

Christians: do you believe in modern-day faith-healing?

sanstarr
10/18/13 10:11 pm

God is faith and God heals through prayer!

murph4 Seattle, WA
10/17/13 11:29 am

Yes miracles happen, and God can heal, but he gave man the capacity to create wonderful medicines and medical procedures and he wants us to use everything in our power to be well.

SquidVicious
10/16/13 4:12 pm

Faith comes into play once everything possible has been done medically. If you don't try your hardest first, the faith aspect won't do anything. That's how prayer works

kenziel
10/15/13 4:53 pm

Just reading and believing doesn't mean faith. The demons BELIEVED that Jesus was the son of God but they had no faith.

thebarr
10/15/13 4:28 pm

Could it ever be true? Yes. Is it usually true? No.

chrism75 Dixie
10/14/13 9:47 pm

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

reader5673
10/14/13 7:44 pm

I have experienced it, however, God does give wisdom to doctors. There is room for both. I also believe God gave us lots of natural means to heal sickness and disease such as plants.

cowboy Here and There
10/14/13 7:30 pm

If you mean prayers? Yes.

kenziel
10/15/13 4:58 pm

We aren't talking about science. Even so, if the earth were moved one centimeter in any direction the earth would not be fit for living. It is not by chance. Science cannot explain that.

kenziel
10/15/13 5:07 pm

Science cannot explain how I can hear when I'm supposed to be deaf when I'm only the second person to be miraculously cured from my hearing problem. Science cannot say that meteors crashed to make human DNA or any life necessities.

thebarr
10/15/13 6:43 pm

You were cured? Tell me about it, if you please.

greatnest florida
10/15/13 6:45 pm

Pray healing or religious healing is false. You can't heal anybody with praying you need actual medicine

kairu Trust no one...simple
10/19/13 12:04 pm

We're not talking to you! The q said Christans.

auraelys The answer is 42.
10/14/13 5:28 pm

I do. But I don't believe in refusing to give your child medicine and wait for healing to take place. God gave doctors brains for a reason. :/

fatbob
10/14/13 3:56 pm

It's rare but it does happen.

ldsmom02
10/14/13 2:59 pm

It depends on what you mean by faith healing. You can't truly heal without the authority to do it.

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/14/13 1:30 pm

The modern day faith healing that has credibility is not something you would see on tv or in public. It's rarely dramatic. It's most likely a private or small group experience among friends who share a faith viewpoint.

shovelhead someplace with coffee
10/14/13 1:22 pm

Do u believe it...yes, the reason most don't is they don't look hard enough

dotails DotUrTsAndCrossUrEyes
10/14/13 1:10 pm

Faith is translated directly to "trust". I trust God will heal someone who glorifies"aims eyes to"Him so that more may notice the source of our life.Pain death suffering these are but letters on a page.God is all that ought matter to us. Matthew6:25

mrcoyote Casa Grande
10/14/13 11:51 am

Mostly because of the placebo effect, but there is a reason God has given us modern tech and medicine

iVoted Idaho
10/14/13 11:36 am

I believe God is healer

singkitty In the cloud
10/14/13 11:28 am

I believe in the power of prayer/ positive thinking, however we have modern medicine for a reason. You can have faith in both.

thejoker Call me Bartholomew
10/14/13 8:42 am

It could happen but Jesus and the Twelve aren't still walking around healing everyone either.

OBVIOUSTUFF Outside
10/14/13 7:05 am

I feel like other groups should see the results of this poll, and vice versa.

at23steelers earth
10/14/13 6:56 am

if you don't believe in modern day healing than you are putting God in a box. that doesn't mean i believe in every act of healing that sometime proclaims

at23steelers earth
10/14/13 6:57 am

*God's power in a box for His glory to be known

RepubIican South east
10/14/13 6:14 am

RULE OF THUMB: if you see faith healing on TV, it IS NOT FAITH HEALING.

DrReid Ever present.
10/14/13 6:08 am

Nope, unless you can put it through a double blind where it can be tested, religion cannot attempt to act as an alternative to science in a scientific field. It failed when it tried to "fight" evolution and can only be supported by anecdotal stories.

dotails DotUrTsAndCrossUrEyes
10/14/13 1:14 pm

It hasnt won or lost because neither case quantifiable unless u mean micro evolution which is observable and testable but Christians would have nothing to argue against micro evolution cause its a fact, macro evolution is an unverifiable theory.soFar

DrReid Ever present.
10/14/13 1:41 pm

Tails, despite what some creationists have claimed, the only difference been macro and micro evolution is time. Both are justo falsifiable and well tested as every other accepted scientific Theory.

dotails DotUrTsAndCrossUrEyes
10/14/13 1:54 pm

Um no I can go to the same Isolated islands and observe over the course of 20 years bird features adapt. However I cannot go billions of years into the past to prove that change of kind is possible.Ask any scientist today to show u an example of that

dantelebeau
10/14/13 5:40 am

I find it interesting the higher your income the less you believe in faith healing, according to poll data.

peacefullife Land of Moss
10/14/13 2:39 am

Only reason I'm not a quadriplegic!

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/14/13 4:14 am

We should never forget what God does for us. I have witnessed a persons leg physically grow right in front of my eyes. I could see how the five loaves of bread and two fish must have fed all those thousands. It must have grown every time it broke.

dotails DotUrTsAndCrossUrEyes
10/14/13 1:16 pm

I've been looking into a God yeast that could explain how that happened. The timing is the Miracle sometimes using physics as the tool.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/14/13 5:44 pm

The leg had a warm glow around it as it kept stretching and stretching into shape. There have been other miracles, but this was very visual.

peacefullife Land of Moss
10/15/13 2:14 am

Series of x-rays, getting ready to transfer me to a higher level of care: 1- compression fx c3-5, 2- compression fx c3-5 w/ 'halo' in x-ray (looked like extra flesh) around neck, 3 - "obscured d/t movement" (LIES!) 4- no fx, halo, 5- no fx, no halo.

peacefullife Land of Moss
10/15/13 2:15 am

A few weeks I went back to get a copy of the x-rays - 'unable to release films or reports.' :/

MrChris80 California
10/14/13 1:53 am

Yep. Ive been healed by God and God healed others through me.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
10/13/13 11:32 pm

When Drs can't explain your healing & are both baffled & curious it is hard to *not* believe in supernatural healing. Especially when it has happened to you. Twice.

nickelb Texas
10/13/13 10:53 pm

I believe that is possible, but very unlikely. I have friends who perform healing prayers, none have succeeded.

dotails DotUrTsAndCrossUrEyes
10/14/13 1:36 pm

The prayer isn't the catalyst God is the catalyst prayer is to develop our relationship with God so we are more in tuned with His will. He is not a vending machine. He loves you very much.

Redwallr hyrule
10/13/13 10:44 pm

With God all things are possible. Never forget that.

at23steelers earth
10/13/13 10:06 pm

i was in a prayer group of 8 and someone in group correctly pointed out i have shoulder pain even though he was a complete stranger. God gives him pain on parts of body where people need healing. He prayed my shoulders would be healed

steelcity Pittsburgh
10/14/13 3:23 am

Was it? What kind of should pain

at23steelers earth
10/14/13 6:51 am

tense, tight, cracking of bones

wiildkat Propertarian
10/13/13 10:06 pm

Sure do. I had my boyfriend and his roommate give me a blessing two days ago when I started getting sick.

Torfin Never Behind
10/13/13 9:20 pm

It is possible. Though I do not believe that every traveling circus tent that goes up near a church has someone that can perform the healing.

davidwhite1 Building it Bigger
10/13/13 9:19 pm

God helps those who help themselves. My religion gives us guides for healthy living.
God has given us modern day medical science.
That said, I have seen loved ones healed by the miracle of faith when all else failed. And I have seen loved ones die

reader5673
10/14/13 7:53 pm

Please - hate the phrase "God helps those..." You will not find it in the bible. That being said, working hard is a Godly trait. God is not lazy or self_entitled.

davidwhite1 Building it Bigger
10/14/13 9:38 pm

True you will not find the specific phrase but you find its implication and counsel many places. Paul writing to the Philippians, in Phillipians chapter 4 verse 8-9
Whatsoever things are, true, honest, just, pure, lovely, virtuous and learned DO....

davidwhite1 Building it Bigger
10/14/13 9:39 pm

Paraphrased for SOH convenience, but you can look it up.
If you would like more reference from the bible let me know.
If you would like more references from other scripture let me know.

Zealizabeth Probably the hospital
10/13/13 9:05 pm

I'm a Christian and am a senior at a Christian school. I have Crohn's Disease, Junior Arthritis, Anemia, lupus etc. I've attended so many faith healing services and obviously none have put me in remission but that's not to say faith healing could

Zealizabeth Probably the hospital
10/13/13 9:06 pm

Heal others. I try to keep an open mind regardless of my negative experiences.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
10/13/13 9:14 pm

I am sorry that you have so many health issues. I have four good friends with Crohn's, so I know that alone is very difficult!!!

Zealizabeth Probably the hospital
10/13/13 9:21 pm

@BamaGirl Crohn's seems to be affecting more and more people every year. I wouldn't wish it on anyone! You're very sweet & I'm sure you're a great friend to them :) Just don't pity me Hahaha It's a struggle but who isn't struggling now-a-days?

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/14/13 4:04 am

I have witnessed many amazing healings many times. As you said, not everyone gets healed each time. However, that is not a judgement nor is it an absolute sentence. We can draw strength to do what we must do daily. Sometimes it takes time.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/14/13 4:08 am

Other times, like Paul, there is a reason we have something for now. I have my Thorne in the flesh, and yet have prayed for others and they have been healed. If it was my power, I would have healed myself. It is not my power. I am just a witness.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
10/14/13 6:39 am

No pity, just sympathy. Two of my friends are sisters & the first was diagnosed in the early 1990s.
I was diagnosed with IBS in 1996 which I know is not the same, but I have been gluten-free for a year & my IBS is now under control. :)

MrMilkdud jackass whisperer
10/13/13 8:49 pm

Yes, some people are miraculously healed. But I think God expects people to help one another first and foremost, and that means allowing trained medical personnel to help you if you get sick. I don't believe God wants us to rely on faith healing.

MrMilkdud jackass whisperer
10/13/13 8:52 pm

I think that if God does decide to heal someone, His primary goal in healing them isn't that they are healed, but rather that their healing serves as a sign to reinforce the faith of those who witness it- which is ultimately more important.

DamageInc California
10/13/13 11:31 pm

I think we need to do all that we can and then He will help where it is needed. Don't ask God to show you the way if you aren't willing to move your feet.

rlc63 North Carolina
10/13/13 8:31 pm

Well I said no but I think I might have to change my answer because I do believe in the power of prayer sometimes. Does that count?

aeg13 South Texas
10/13/13 9:19 pm

Boy, does it! I have personally seen too many answers to prayer to ever question its power - but sometimes God's answer to our prayer may not be what we specifically asked for so we need to remember that it is His will, not ours.

dudley northern Virginia woods
10/13/13 8:29 pm

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't .

r3VOLution not of this world
10/13/13 8:24 pm

Yep and I've seen it.

r3VOLution not of this world
10/13/13 8:24 pm

Like when Jesus healed people

Liberty 4,032,064
10/13/13 8:07 pm

There are no more confirmable miracles after the apostles. God may heal individuals' ailments, but not in an explicit manner, and certainly not through a human medium.

wheresDent The Lower Dakota
10/13/13 8:21 pm

People have to have performed at least two miracles to become saints. There are confirmed miracles now.

EmWalt Meet Jim the Duck
10/13/13 8:22 pm

There are confirmed miracles. Search "miracles saint Bernadette". You'll not be saying that again.

EmWalt Meet Jim the Duck
10/13/13 8:22 pm

Or search miracles in general. Same things will come up.

r3VOLution not of this world
10/13/13 8:26 pm

Anyone who is a Follower of Christ is a saint.

dotails DotUrTsAndCrossUrEyes
10/14/13 1:46 pm

We don't perform miracles God does. We are all saints in the eyes of God via Jesus. We are technically wretched but because Jesus paid our fine we are 100% clean free of that debt we could not pay.

Nikc
10/13/13 8:07 pm

This user is currently being ignored

SugarShaq
10/13/13 7:46 pm

Do I believe God can heal His faithful...yes. Do I believe God can use illness to bring people closer to Him. Yes.

Do I believe Benny Hinn can blow on you and you are healed....ridiculous and heretical. No

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
10/13/13 7:50 pm

It's unbelievable that people fall for that stuff. Benny Hin - joke.

DamageInc California
10/13/13 11:28 pm

Benny Hin - Benny Hill? Hmmmm!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
10/13/13 7:37 pm

Some of it is very real; far more of it is cheap fakery to rake in donations.

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
10/13/13 7:39 pm

Yup. The tv guys saying "touch the tv" and you'll be healed, or "send me money" and you'll be healed - fakes.

aeg13 South Texas
10/13/13 9:25 pm

Not if you have unconditionally surrendered youself to Jesus and turned everything over to His power and the Holy Spirit.

steelcity Pittsburgh
10/14/13 3:24 am

And how does being saved resolve the theological divide about whether miraculous healing still occurs?