AngryAngel October 14th, 2013 1:20am

Republicans know humans are imperfect, and have a simple set of social boundaries and leave most people alone. Democrats know humans are imperfect, but do everything in their power to force people to be better.

Darlajeanhood maine
11/27/13 11:09 am

"force" being the key word,.....yes,...throough penalties and taxes.

BeNotAfraid missing my sunrise
10/16/13 9:35 pm

I think your wording is mostly correct. Right up to the very last word. "Better" is partisan in this situation. A more acceptable term might be "like them." But good luck getting a group of GOPers to accept it 'as is'.

rons screw politicians
10/16/13 5:30 am

What! Democrat are nanny staters! They remove incentives to do better. I'm waiting for my Obamaphone and snap card!

honest
10/16/13 3:22 am

Democrats are the most intrusive group I know. There's no compromise in them. It's their way or you're a racist bigoted homophobic selfish elitist war mongering sociopath. And I'm not even a conservative.

comppete Las Vegas
10/15/13 9:29 pm

Liberal Democrats don't try to make anyone Better, they work on trying to Force people to be just like them. And, they don't tolerate independent doers and thinkers. This is my experience with most of the ones I know or have met.

comppete Las Vegas
10/15/13 9:30 pm

On the other side many Conservative Republicans are guilty of similar behavior.

2katz I live in Nebraska
10/15/13 9:22 pm

Democrats try to force others to think like them. I don't consider that better.

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
10/15/13 6:55 pm

Dems love an unrealistic utopian wet dream. Unfortunately, they have to deprive people of rights in their experiments.

makem Chinese Xinjiang Camp
10/15/13 1:06 pm

That pretty much sums it up

theavgguy I.E.
10/13/13 7:23 pm

Democrats legislate for groups of people. Republicans for individuals.

AngryAngel Oswego, IL
10/13/13 7:27 pm

That's an excellent way to put it. Thank you

BCKR Onward and upward
10/13/13 6:57 pm

*That's* not at all a biased way to word the question.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
10/13/13 6:41 pm

First, I'm a Tea Party Social Conservative Republican. Your question sounds like how a Libertarian would describe Libertarians vs. Social Conservatives! I guess it all depends on who's describing what, but I'm the farthest thing from a Democrat! :-)

wiildkat Propertarian
10/13/13 6:36 pm

Libertarians know the first law, repubs and democrats are the latter

crose85 Sycamore, IL
10/13/13 6:24 pm

If Republicans are so "leave people alone" & let them do what they want... Why are they so anti-gay marriage?

AngryAngel Oswego, IL
10/13/13 6:27 pm

All the republicans I know, personally, are not against gay marriage. I'm not trying to go off of the bias I see in the news. But I agree there are inconsistencies with the comment, that's why it's an agree/disagree poll

twss trump is a garbage human
10/13/13 6:23 pm

I don't see Democrats as trying to make everyone better. At least not as a rule. But I'm somewhat biased. I also don't think Republicans leave people alone as a rule.