wetheslaves October 13th, 2013 8:35pm

Is the Legislative and Executive branches of government dominating the Judicial branch of government by killing their funding?

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/13/13 1:48 pm

Probably to some degree, but the executive is being squeezed as well, and has no more control over this situation than the judiciary. The legislature has complete control over spending and revenue - at least until we reach the debt ceiling.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/13/13 1:50 pm

At that point, I think the executive with the backing of the judiciary and the 14th amendment can take the legislature out of the spending loop, at least temporarily.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/13/13 2:08 pm

Zod, when I read the article It reminded me of how justice can be suppressed. Have you read this article. Something about it was insightful and interesting to me.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/13/13 2:16 pm

I did read it, and agree to a point, but the only way I see clear to a resolution is for it to first get bad enough to prevent them complying with a constitutional mandate, then challenging Congress's action or inaction in the Supreme Court.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/13/13 2:20 pm

It also looks like the screams of pain are starting to be heard as the sequester is squeezing all the fat out.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/13/13 1:41 pm

It was very interesting how they contrasted judges making laws by rulings against lawmakers forcing laws through chaos. The more sinister aspect was how the rule of law is being hijacked and undermined while the cowboys take over government.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/13/13 1:43 pm

This seriously got me thinking how the balance of government is being overthrown as our freedoms get suppressed and a small group can do what they like in the name of keeping us safe. I saw how this worked in South Africa during the government days.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/13/13 1:46 pm

The apartheid days were like living in a communist state rule with western capital ideals. Quite a strange juxtaposition to be in. The article was a sobering reminder.