JiveYoungKing October 13th, 2013 6:23pm

Millennials face drastic cuts to quality jobs, a massive student debt problem, and have grown up in an age of constantly evolving technology. Do you believe that millennials will be able to turn it around and set the next generation up better?

makem Chinese Xinjiang Camp
10/15/13 1:45 pm

We're screwed just from what I can tell looking at my peers

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
10/13/13 7:53 pm

I hope we turn things towards a more positive light, but it might not happen.

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/13/13 3:23 pm

Yes: if they will realize that free market capitalism is robbing them shipping jobs overseas and relying upon slavery, meaningless work contracts etc. Unlikely they or technology or education can ever compete with that. Meanwhile underemployment.

TinyPilot6 some little mountain town
10/13/13 3:12 pm

No, they're stuck paying for all the Baby Boomers. :p

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/13/13 3:28 pm

They are actually stuck paying for free market capitalist greed. Don't believe the hype. You cannot overcome slave labor and wholesale export of even quality jobs overseas. Note that even high skill work goes overseas now. Example: Apple and China.

TinyPilot6 some little mountain town
10/13/13 3:39 pm

I'm well aware of job growth over seas, and the problems it has caused. But most Baby Boomer's were sold on the whole 'buying things on credit' scam and their children are the ones suffering from it. I know this first hand, not from "hype".

TinyPilot6 some little mountain town
10/13/13 3:40 pm

Most Baby Boomer's children are millennials and gen-y.

GrandmaALiCE For a better 2021
10/13/13 2:39 pm

I'm just an eternal optimist.

SugarShaq
10/13/13 1:43 pm

Anyone see the article China wrote about us?

SugarShaq
10/13/13 1:35 pm

Not until you throw out all overspending politicians and get government out of our lives.

Rosebud Ohio
10/13/13 3:10 pm

They're not part of our generation. Morbid as it is, current politicians will almost all be dead in 40 years with a majority from our generation. So it'll certainly be physically changed up, hopefully mentally as well.

bringstheeagle Colorado
10/13/13 3:30 pm

The government plays a minimal role in China? Is that what you mean about the article?

SugarShaq
10/13/13 3:31 pm

I will find the article and post it above

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/13/13 12:58 pm

The challenges faced by each generation change, but the broad story does not. The delineation between "generations" that leads to terms like "baby boomers", "Gen-X”, "millennials", etc is arbitrary. It's a continuum, and generally improving.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
10/13/13 12:58 pm

I hope so but not sure they're being empowered with effective tools or sufficient models.

commonman1 Peace
10/13/13 12:38 pm

Healthcare is making impossible for older people to retire. Therefore they are staying in their jobs longer than they normally would. Unless healthcare cost comes down,which I don't see, be prepared to wait for a job.

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
10/13/13 12:20 pm

Considering that there are 5x more Millenials than Gen Xers, and quality jobs are based on efficiency not numbers, the odds aren't that favorable.

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/13/13 12:00 pm

Just as a side note, and it can't just be me noticing this... The 21-40 and 50k-100k groups are consistently the most cynical and negative. What's wrong? Y'all need a hug? C'mon, bring it in... -opens arms-

kermie gaytopia
10/13/13 11:47 am

I gotta believe. Otherwise why try?

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/13/13 11:49 am

Exactly. You miss every shot you don't take. But I understand some people with more "realist" stances.

kermie gaytopia
10/13/13 11:53 am

I feel like I'm a realist. But a hopeful realist ;)

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/13/13 11:54 am

Haha, I'm right there with you homie. "Realist" was my nice way of saying pessimist :P

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/13/13 11:50 am

Thanks. The younger crowd going on SOHOA later inspired this, I'ma toss it in the suggested questions thing later.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
10/13/13 11:55 am

The younger crowd's going on tonight?

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/13/13 11:56 am

Yeah, under 21s. I'm pretty sure Hayley is going on, I heard mattwall1, MrLucchese, and PuppyLvr (might've misspelled the last) might. Should be interesting nonetheless.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
10/13/13 11:59 am

Well dang, I missed it. I have to get on there sometime. You're not going on tonight?

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/13/13 12:01 pm

Nah, I might next week. I'ma ask my friends if someone got a laptop/webcam I could use cause I'm just working with an iPod at the moment. I plan to go on eventually though, assuming they'll have me.

MisterE Conservistan
10/13/13 11:28 am

If millennials continue to embrace libertarian principles, the chains of the past will not be able to hold them down.

kermie gaytopia
10/13/13 11:49 am

The handful of already privileged millennials, sure...

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/13/13 11:52 am

I disagree Kermie. Libertarian principles aren't elitist. It's giving everyone a chance to succeed or fail on their own merit. Financial freedom will allow charitable people to help those who fail or are under bad circumstances.

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/13/13 11:52 am

I mean, it's not like we have much economic mobility as is...

MisterE Conservistan
10/13/13 11:54 am

Freedom of choice economically and socially is good for everyone, not just the privileged.

MisterE Conservistan
10/13/13 11:54 am

kermie gaytopia
10/13/13 12:10 pm

Sorry, but that's so incredibly naive of the way the world actually works. The idea of "merit" itself is elitist, propagated by the elites who keep everyone else down and then pretend they can't make it because of their merit.

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/13/13 12:15 pm

Naive? It's untested... Name one country that's exhibited libertarian principles. You can't. We've always lived under a relatively large state whether it came in one form or another. It's naive to say something doesn't work when it hasn't been tried.

MisterE Conservistan
10/13/13 12:18 pm

Elites use the government to keep the common man from succeeding. You can also not compare today's society to a free society.

JiveYoungKing The Banter Boy
10/13/13 11:25 am

I just put turn it around and set the next generation up better because I think it'd be nothing short of a Rudy type miracle for them to totally flip these issues around. Obviously, the people themselves aren't wholly responsible, this is basically

Rosebud Ohio
10/13/13 11:24 am

There's no better motivation to change things than to receive the bad end of them.