Marley17 October 13th, 2013 5:44pm

Inspired by GrandmaAlice- would you let your 16 year old date a 20 year old?

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/13/13 12:47 pm

I guess it would depend on them. It's only a four year difference, the 16 year old has reached the age of consent, and is likely going to do whatever they darn well please anyway. You might as well learn to like it.

swervin Maryland
10/13/13 12:04 pm

Try to stop the 16 year old from dating the 20 year old. That is a great way to push your child away.

Mooo42Q Thats Nucking Futs
10/13/13 11:41 am

Depends on my child's maturity level and what I think about the 20 year old.

MisterE Conservistan
10/13/13 11:25 am

I'm going to try to give my kids as much freedom as possible. I'll try to trust their judgement.

shellybaxter1234 Peaceful Place
10/13/13 11:18 am

It depends on the people involved

Ebola1 Florida
10/13/13 11:07 am

Are women more naive about the motivations of an adult male and an underage female or are they just more liberated in their attitudes regarding the sexual activities of their teenage daughters?

Rosebud Ohio
10/13/13 11:18 am

I dated a guy with nearly that age difference when I was younger than that. I also know people who have dated much older difference in their teens. And know how I reacted when my parents tried to keep me from dating someone. Which apparently is along the same lines as multiple generations back.

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/13/13 11:29 am

The question doesn't say 16-year-old girl and 20-year-old boy, and regardless, it's sexist to view it differently depending on the kids' genders. I said no for either, because 16 and 20 are just too different in those stages of life.

BadUsername
10/13/13 11:07 am

When you have a son you have to worry about 1 penis. When you have a daughter you have to worry about a world of penises.

HayleyS looking up.
10/13/13 11:11 am

Why not just worry about your daughter and not all her potential boyfriends?
In general, no one is going to force her to have sex with them. It isn't like she doesn't have a choice in the matter.

HayleyS looking up.
10/13/13 11:12 am

Idk that saying was always just weird to me. It seems pretty sexist lol

BadUsername
10/13/13 11:16 am

Haha well as a guy it makes sense. I think (for the most part) fathers are much more protective of their daughters than of their sons. I can see why you think that though lol

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/13/13 11:28 am

Being sexist and overprotective is a great way to push your daughter away. My dad learned this the hard way with me and my sister.

BadUsername
10/13/13 11:06 am

If it was my 16 year old son id high-5 him all day long. If it was my daughter hell to the no.

DeusOrbus Stay Positive
10/13/13 11:22 am

I was sexist for saying that if it was my son he has mad game, but for my daughter hell no. Q.Q

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/13/13 11:27 am

That's because this is a sexist way to view it. You're basically saying 16-year-old boys are more mature and deserve more freedom to live their lives as they please than do 16-year-old girls.

BadUsername
10/13/13 11:30 am

No I'm a guy and as a guy I would be proud of my son. It's just how a males brain works. I promise you 90% of men would do the same. It's just the way we're wired.

doctalk not all who wander r lost
10/13/13 10:57 am

Only if I were in favor of sex on the first date! Oh, perhaps I judge 20 y/o male a bit harshly. . . NOT.

Rosebud Ohio
10/13/13 11:01 am

Gender isn't specified. Could be daughter and girlfriend, son and girlfriend, son and boyfriend.
I only answered daughter/boyfriend because I've got 2 daughters and the older is definitely already enamored with boys.

Rosebud Ohio
10/13/13 10:56 am

I would need to know or get to know him very very well first. But I also know there's no "letting" them date. My parents did their best to keep me from dating my husband in high school. That didn't exactly work out for them.
There'd be a lot of family activities, that's for sure.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
10/13/13 10:55 am

More information needed but not likely based on these facts alone.

HayleyS looking up.
10/13/13 10:52 am

I would if I knew the guy first. If it was her older brother's friend, a guy from church... something like that, then I dont see why not.
My boyfriend was 19 and I was 16 when we started dating..

HayleyS looking up.
10/13/13 10:57 am

And if it wasn't a guy I was familiar with already, I'd want to get to know him.