kaik12 Twin Cities, MN
10/04/11 12:04 am

I have a purebred sheltie, and she's absolutely perfect. She's small for a sheltie at only 10 lbs, but I love it. I don't particularly have a preference on purebreds vs mutts though.

10/01/11 7:54 pm

I have a gorgeous black lab border collie mix, and he has super shiny black fur with little curls on the fur on his ears. Mutts are one of a kind.

10/01/11 7:50 pm

@ilovekfc Oh, really? Who gave you that information? I have had several mutts and all of them have been perfectly healthy. Plus, if you've ever watched those Animal Planet dog information shows, they say mutts are healthier than purebreds.

Sage1287 Illinois
10/01/11 12:57 am

Mutts are much less likely to have problematic diseases than pure breds... Darwinism

dogsaver new Jersey
09/28/11 10:40 am

Adopt a rescue, they come in all breeds and you are saving a life! 4 million dogs are killed every year in the USA, because breeders and puppy mills continue to make unwanted puppies! Please educate your self on puppy mills, and work to close them!

09/27/11 10:56 pm

it's best to rescue animals. I don't have dogs but two kitties

09/27/11 10:50 pm

mutts have diseases :(

09/27/11 9:11 pm

The smartest dog I've ever had was a mutt

09/25/11 8:06 pm

Adopt a pet! Save a life, get a new BFF!

09/24/11 8:22 pm

I like all kinds of dogs (pit bulls are on my maybe list). My dogs are all mutts, if they all had pedigrees it wouldn't change my love for them.

WildWeasel Texas
09/24/11 7:19 pm

I have two mixed breed dogs, one is a Black Lab/mystery breed of 14 years, and super sweet and barky. Our other is a Husky/Retriever and has no idea of what a goofball he is! Best dogs ever!

Br@ndon Your Soul
09/24/11 4:15 pm

Mutts live longer, less incline toward disease and smarter. I still believe purebred dogs should be breed.

09/24/11 2:11 am

@ dream you got that right!!'

Dream Hogwarts
09/23/11 11:47 pm

I think that rescues are the best, but my dog is a mix of German shepherd and collie, taking out all of the shepherds back problems. Sometimes it's good if a dog is mixed!

German Shepherds Rule!!!!!

09/23/11 6:07 pm

I have a purebred English bulldog but all dogs are equal in my eyes :)

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
09/23/11 3:26 pm

Ok so I asked my dog what party he belonged to, border collies are the smartest. Held out left arm for rep and right for demo no response switched no response. Thought of his love of jumping fences and asked him if he is a libertarian!!! He is. Smart boy.

09/23/11 12:47 pm

Let me ask Moe the Pomeranian. :D

09/23/11 11:36 am

Lol centrist.
As far as adoption only views... There are always benefits from getting dogs from a reputable breeder. You can't show a shelter dog for one. You know the "family history". Both have benefits.
Pet stores, now that's a Different story.

Lutang
09/23/11 5:37 am

This who keep saying to rescue...I hope you have adopted children and didn't procreate.

honored
09/22/11 10:29 pm

I have a soft coated wheaten terrier- known to be the softest breed with big huge black eyes that greet me after work... I look forward to it.

ClecoLvr
09/22/11 9:59 pm

rescue dogs are the best whether they are mutts or purebreds. a lot of people looking for a purebred don't realize that there are a ton of them hoping for a good home.

09/22/11 9:53 pm

I don't think it is fair to choose one or the other. We had a lab that passed last year and she was part of the family. We would have loved her even if she was a mutt. I think when we are ready for another dog we will look at a shelter.

Piper? Texas
09/22/11 8:20 pm

Our dogs are both shelter rescues. One's a shepherd mix and the others a lab mix. There are so many dogs in shelters that need good homes. Adopt don't buy and fix your pets.

As for dogs living longer lives, it depends on the genetics and breeding of each dog breed.

deebee
09/22/11 6:31 pm

Adopt, don't shop!! You can adopt purebreds and mutts from any animal shelter!! 

09/22/11 6:26 pm

@Kenzie- schnoodles ARE the cutest dogs ever. My uncle has one. Love that dog.

nrwnknght6
09/22/11 5:42 pm

My parents were breeders when I was growing up. They started out with purebreds golden retrievers. After I moved out they went to purebred papillons. Those little things are like annoying rats and I hate them. I loved the goldens though. Best dogs ever

outcastaway Florida
09/22/11 5:14 pm

Either is good when you rescue a dog, I work with pug rescue, They know they are saved from the life of misery. There is a rescue for all breeds of dogs. Just go to petfinder and look for a freind to bring to your forever home. Save a life rescue a dog!

canecorso Las Vegas Nv
09/22/11 4:27 pm

I have two Cane Corso Italian mastiffs, best dogs in the world. My boy weighs about 120 pounds and my baby girl about 110 pounds. Both think they are lap dogs and will sit on your lap, if you let them.

Perot4Prez
09/22/11 3:40 pm

Mutt - Definitely! My dog is a cross between a Labrador and a Dachshund (wiener dog). She looks like a 1ft tall Labrador.

nolegirl Florida
09/22/11 2:24 pm

If you have allergies, or you compete in dog shows, it's reasonable to have a purebred dog or cat. I have a lab mutt rescued from the pound, and she's the most intelligent, sweet, well-behaved dog I've ever owned, including another mutt and two purebreds. Adopt adopt adopt! Mutts are fabulous!

09/22/11 12:43 pm

You gotta love the spirit and intelligence of mutts but with a purebred you can tailor the type of companion that suits your lifestyle. Mutts are stubborn a-holes.

09/22/11 10:39 am

Aww Tops thank you :) We try!

reichukey Oregon
09/22/11 10:21 am

I have one purebred Bassett hound who is adorable, cost way to much though, and a shepherd black lab mix. Long hair beautiful orange eyes and been with me since I was in second grade. She's really smart but also totally unique. I have only seen a dog like that once before. Mutts.

turney Texas
09/22/11 10:14 am

This is horrible, I know... But go figure that Dems prefer the Mutt...

thertaylor
09/22/11 10:10 am

I said purebred, but it really depends on the individual dog.

09/22/11 9:58 am

I have one of each - a purebred toy poodle (the diva) & a Jack Russell mix (the family clown). I love both of them.

KENZlE
09/22/11 9:36 am

Purebred dogs are more expensive and can have more health problems. Plus, mutts are usually cuter :) I have a schnoodle (half poodle, half schnauzer), and she's the sweetest little thing in the world, and much cuter than a pure bred of either species.

c00kies California
09/22/11 9:18 am

I have a purebred golden retriever

divavenus Charlotte, NC
09/22/11 9:03 am

I have had both and love both. There are so many animals in shelters that I rescue now though. BTW, I love the name notthemomm.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
09/22/11 8:37 am

Reminds me of when we had two kids move back home we were accused of loving the dog more than them. My son told the dog, border collie, that he wasn't a lap dog. Dusty looked at him and got on my lap. For heavens sakes some of you must have rep & demo spaghetti sauce get a life

Piper? Texas
09/22/11 8:28 am

Our dogs ate both shelter rescues. Ones a shepherd mix and the others a lab mix. There are so many dogs in shelters that need good homes. Adopt don't by and spay and nodder your pets.

erika348 Texas
09/22/11 8:21 am

Rhino, that is not a proven fact that mutts live longer healthier lives. it depends on the genetics and lifestyles of each individual dog. As for me, I've had both mutts & purebreds and love them all.

09/22/11 7:55 am

vanguarde- you are also a douche.

ProfDG I Want Truth
09/22/11 7:55 am

Have two Golden Retrievers. Great dogs.