10/14/11 10:39 pm

God isnt real fyi i'm a kid and by being forced to go to ccd class i dont believe any more hes not real get over it!

Coke
10/11/11 7:52 pm

@mr athiest, it's spelled ATHEIST

nice_atheist Connecticut
10/10/11 9:51 pm

Nope and I'll give you three guesses why.

10/08/11 3:20 am

I pray EVERY day. On my way to work, sometimes on my way home, and even sometimes throughout the rest of the day.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/06/11 12:37 am

She had surgery there is a chance for a $ miracle please pray it comes through.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/04/11 9:58 pm

My daughter is in the hospital again please pray

10/04/11 7:50 pm

@codm Whilst I pray and don't meditate :) Understand that Mr. Bacos did this to get a more rounded answer.

codm Virginia
10/04/11 6:04 pm

meditation and praying are completely different. It's kind of a dumb question. I meditate. I don't pray.

10/04/11 3:03 pm

@FrankBones Yep, perfect in my mind, change something with the design of a human and everything else goes crazy. Everything exists for a purpose, regardless if wether or not we understand why.

FrankBones
10/04/11 12:29 pm

god made a mistake btw by giving me nipple...and I breath thru the same tube I eat from... why didnt "god" have the good sense to separate them like he did with dolphins for example.. instead we choke to death.... quite perfect design right?

FrankBones
10/04/11 12:26 pm

I'm often amazed (not surprised) at how overwhelming republi-cants vote a certain way in these pools... quite often it's science vs ignorance

10/04/11 6:39 am

doesn't mess up. Big Bang? Mutations without outside intelligence always mess up without fail.

10/04/11 6:39 am

I make mistakes. I have and will continue to as a human. God has never made a mistake, nor will he ever make any. God speaks truth. God never lies, I try to keep my "yes" "yes", and my "no "no", although I still mess up (as do all of you). He is THE ONLY one who…

10/04/11 6:38 am

To the annoyed reader, I fully admit that I give you headaches by telling you the truth. If you want to accept it, then GREAT! If not, then know that I will remain persistent and you may want to move to a less religious thread…

10/04/11 6:38 am

I'm throwing this out just to clarify that my comment was about "THE" God Almighty. Not "A" God…

10/04/11 6:37 am

referred to as God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit. Three persons—one God. Complex, challenging, and yet awe inspiring and well worth the effort to research, inspire of the naysayers the nay sayers…

10/04/11 6:37 am

God is 3 in 1. As an analogy for you (since you like business) take the head of a company. That can mean one person, yet often refers to the CEO, CFO, COO, etc. When referring to God (this is pointed out in the Hebrew Bible (Tanach), although it isn't as readily apparent, He is…

10/04/11 6:37 am

and be raised again on the third day after death conquering sin, and being seen (and recognized) by at least 20 people (I would have to do some more hunting to confirm, but I think it was a few hundred)…

10/04/11 6:36 am

@veritas… Yep. You got it. Although you must realize that I am speaking of the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob who sent his son Jesus to be born of a virgin. [How would that work if it was technology of man?] Show who he is through his life, die a brutal death on the cross…

kaik12 Twin Cities, MN
10/03/11 11:49 pm

I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in prayer. My daddy's teaching me how to meditate, though.

Stephiee Mississippi
10/03/11 9:27 pm

I pray almost every night. I don't go to church or read the bible every day, and there are things I do in my life that I know are wrong, but I believe my relationship with God is a good one.

veritas1 Panda
10/03/11 8:26 pm

@Fiat. So God's word supersedes all? That's a fair enough assertion.

10/03/11 6:58 am

Here is another quote I'll throw out, "God said it, it's true, that's good enough for me and should be good enough for you." -- Regarding why Christianity is "THE" way, not "A" way, regardless of wether or not the hearer [reader in this case] accepts it.

jrnpstr
10/02/11 9:07 pm

smoke some good weed and listen to some pink Floyd and that's all the meditation you need!!!!

10/02/11 7:15 pm

ID EST, if you poke persistently I will continue answering.

10/02/11 7:12 pm

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1 NIV)"
39 sources in addition to the New Testament speak of Jesus, including Pliny and Josephus. Many more reasons, although I don't want to list them all, unless you keep prodding me :)

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/02/11 3:24 pm

Just go look at the ocean some time.

10/02/11 6:47 am

*some

The keyboard is smaller than a full sized obviously :)

10/02/11 6:44 am

that 1 Quarter is the same odds of 1 prophecy about someone being fulfilled in their lifetime.
Jesus fulfilled many prophecies from a few hundred to 4,000 years previous. That is one reason and after I get back from Church and get sone more free time I'll give you some more reasons.

10/02/11 6:42 am

@veritas… Likewise I enjoy most of YOUR posts :) Well, if you take your favorite state (Texas for those of you who are new to SoH) fill it with Quarters 25' high and mark 1 of them with a red mark, jumble them all up (as if you could), the odds of someone reaching down without looking and grabbing…

10/02/11 12:19 am

Yes, daily. Isn't it a paradox that when I'm not in a prayerful mood I actually have many agnostic moments. I mostly subscribe to Eastern views and think anthropomorphic concepts of God are actually rather childish concepts that bear little resemblance to the magic of the God of my understanding.

veritas1 Panda
10/01/11 9:01 pm

…history of other religions? If that sounded condescending, sorry. Can't ask it any other way. I'm just interested to see your answer.

veritas1 Panda
10/01/11 9:01 pm

@fiat. I'm with bliss on this one. I like your posts. And even though I somewhat disagree with you, one had to admire the way in which you go about proving your point.
Just an interesting question I'll pose to you: What exactly makes Christianity "right" compared to the beliefs and accounts of…

10/01/11 7:11 pm

@bliss Thanks for enjoying them anyway :)

@ScottsTots You still there or are you done?

10/01/11 7:03 pm

@bliss Alright ;) It'll just have to stay with posts right now.

10/01/11 7:00 pm

errrbody prayin up in hurrrr

DaddyMack California
10/01/11 4:32 pm

Well I know your not stupid enough to post your number I was just saying I enjoy your posts I guess

10/01/11 2:00 pm

Sure, text 1 (800) MYAPPLE, or email example@me.com ;). Not giving it out. Aside from the fact that I think you were joking.

10/01/11 11:15 am

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

DaddyMack California
10/01/11 11:14 am

Can learn a lot *** Auto correct grrr

DaddyMack California
10/01/11 11:13 am

Fiat lux I want your cell number so I can txt you all day. I feel we can learn slot from each other haha

10/01/11 7:08 am

Acetaminophen: don't believe in God! Who gives a shit! It's your life. Worship Satan, Buddha, or an f-ing cow... just get on with it already.

10/01/11 6:45 am

@Richtophen Fossil record, Universe, and historical documents such as those by Flavius Josephus (amongst other proof).