mcable November 23rd, 2019 6:54pm

Do commercials at movie theaters before the movies bother you?

Diogenes FreeMeBe
11/23/19 3:07 pm

Yes. It’s akin to the beginning of commercials on cable in the 80s. Cable was supposed to be commercial free! 🤬

bnnt Los Angeles
11/23/19 2:51 pm

Movie preview trailers no.

Blatant TV commercials yes.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/23/19 1:04 pm

I haven’t been to a movie since The Passion of the Christ. But I have no problems with trailers, as I get an idea of other movies I might like to see.

mcable Lost in Translation
11/23/19 1:31 pm

Trailers are ok. It is ads for products and services before the trailers that royally annoy me.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/23/19 1:33 pm

Oh, I didn’t know they were doing THAT! They weren’t the last time I went to a movie!

johonmilla Monroe, nc
11/23/19 2:57 pm

You have to get there pretty early to see those ads tho.

FitzDarcy Tre46on
11/24/19 3:37 am

4JC. You have to to see Paul the Apostle. Its a lot about Luke as well.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/24/19 11:41 am

Is it completely Biblical, Fitz? The ONLY “biblical” movie that we’ve ever seen that was anywhere near close to what the Bible says was The Passion of the Christ. It’s impossible to watch a biblical movie with a person that has two degrees in the Bible, when the movie is NOT Biblical! 😂🤣😂

I hear, “Nope, that’s NOT what he said!” “Nope, that’s NOT what happened!” “Why can’t they just write it the way the Bible says it!???”

If it is truly Biblical, we might stream it one day, but we just don’t see the sense in spending that much money for a theater when you can watch it in the comfort of your own home, pause it when you need to go to the bathroom or get a snack, and watch it at your own leisure for a FRACTION of the cost.

zimmy Florida
11/23/19 12:05 pm

Eh, I got used to them, but honestly I don’t think it’s right when you buy. Ticket to see a movie.

mcable Lost in Translation
11/23/19 11:56 am

Just took the family to see Frozen 2, and spent $100 on tickets and snacks. How dare you advertise to me, theater!!

missmorganmarie ...
11/23/19 3:47 pm

holy shit how many kids do you have???

mcable Lost in Translation
11/24/19 8:05 am

4 tickets- $50
Soda, popcorn, candy- $50

missmorganmarie ...
11/24/19 10:10 am

wow. do what i do. smuggle in soda and get dollar store candy

mcable Lost in Translation
11/24/19 10:54 am

Because the theater makes almost its entire income from snacks, and because $100 is no big deal to me, I buy direct. It has the added side effect of providing a good example for the kids. When money was tighter years ago, I definitely followed the “sneak stuff in” strategy.