jbar1 November 22nd, 2019 6:51pm

There should be a maximum age limit for holding office (perhaps ~75 but the exact age is completely up for debate). Do you:

Maynard Londor
11/26/19 6:44 am

75 seems low. I would think like 85, ok yea, you have no business getting into this. You'll make a great advisor with the experience though.

RaidingWinds
11/23/19 10:18 pm

Its a health issue, not one of age.

FitzDarcy Tre46on
11/23/19 4:59 am

No...people can have Demetia and lunacy at any age..

FitzDarcy Tre46on
11/23/19 4:59 am

Dementia

RussianThunder Russia and USA
11/22/19 4:07 pm

If a person is a healthy and fit 75 year old, their experience would be beneficial. I disagree

Robert0111 Oscar Romeo
11/22/19 1:11 pm

45 - 75 hmmm,

No that doesn't sound legit sorry how about a hundred and one?

Robert0111 Oscar Romeo
11/22/19 1:12 pm

It's illegal to tell someone they are too old to hold a position, its age discrimination.

jbar1 University
11/22/19 1:16 pm

Sorry I believe that people who will die soon shouldn’t be able to make decisions for the rest of society that will not effect them, and I know it is currently illegal that’s why I’m asking. Also, how is it 45-75? Presidential office starts at 35 but you can be in state or local government earlier than that.

Robert0111 Oscar Romeo
11/22/19 2:17 pm

I'd like to say it's a typo but I just didn't remember the right age. Thank you for the correction. 35-75.

I don't think most people die at age 75...
And you are aware that this is discrimination correct?

jbar1 University
11/22/19 3:51 pm

Yes, I am aware that it is discrimination. On the other hand, the average lifespan in the US is 79 years old. I just believe that making laws that you don’t have to live to deal with the repercussions of is somewhat unethical. To me both choices are unethical but I believe one of them is better for the union so I choose the lesser of two evils.

Robert0111 Oscar Romeo
11/22/19 4:08 pm

honestly that's a fair answer, I just disagree. especially to the ethics, a 79 year old whom has the state of mind to lead, has a better chance of having the life experience to make the right call.

jbar1 University
11/22/19 4:11 pm

I would argue that by the time a person is 79 their life experience is outdated. But to each their own.

FitzDarcy Tre46on
11/23/19 5:01 am

Average age because of car accidents suicides wars.....average age of lifespan is nonsense..almost everyone in my family ancestors etc lived to 90..91

Robert0111 Oscar Romeo
11/23/19 8:43 am

one could argue the nature life span of. human is around 37...

jbar1 University
11/23/19 10:49 am

Sorry sorry you’re right, I shouldn’t trust statistical data that says that the average age of death is 79. Clearly that’s a lie. The completely anecdotal fact that everyone in your family lived to 90 is far more relevant and is completely sound evidence.

No. You can’t just say that something isn’t true because you don’t like it. The average lifespan is 79. People get diseases. Some people live in poverty. Many can’t afford healthcare. It is not “bullshit.”

Robert0111 Oscar Romeo
11/23/19 2:33 pm

jb, the agruemnt against your statistics is imo in the same boat against the gender wage gap.

if statistics use unimportant data or irrelevant data - the conclusions are useful incorrect.

CrazDab Florida
11/22/19 11:53 am

Must be a reason why congress hasn’t already done that. Must not be beneficial to them.

Robert0111 Oscar Romeo
11/22/19 1:11 pm

Possibly because it's illegal to turn someone down because of how old they are ...