polster2 November 22nd, 2019 5:09pm

Another school district, this one in Illinois, has deemed it permissible that a man can enter female locker rooms and restrooms, provided he “feels” female, saying that privacy concerns raised by women are unfounded and bigoted. Do you agree?

think4yourself Not a safe space
11/24/19 11:52 am

I think the females feeling uncomfortable about a male coming into their locker room and/or dressing room supersedes the male’s feelings.

cpaswr just say the letters
11/22/19 5:35 pm

And yet, it is a conservative leaning area.

doober72 Vidalia, Ga.
11/22/19 5:31 pm

Liberal agenda. It's a cancer. Stamp it out.

snagglepuss2 Spring has sprung
11/22/19 4:30 pm

As long as they identify as female it doesn’t bother me.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/22/19 2:18 pm

As long as he actually has gender dysphasia and is living as a female, I’m ok with it. I think the school should have a doctor's note to that effect.

friendlysadist
11/22/19 12:45 pm

Desegregate everything

HBNY this space for rent
11/22/19 11:21 am

“This link is not authorized by Yahoo!”

HBNY this space for rent
11/22/19 12:32 pm

Are the students in question post-transition?

polster2 US
11/22/19 12:33 pm

My guess is that some are.

HBNY this space for rent
11/22/19 12:37 pm

Okay, so the students who are post transition should be able to change in whichever locker room the transitioned into. If they’re not fully trans, then no.

Carolynn new jersey
11/22/19 11:20 am

The link doesn’t work, it says it’s unauthorized.

11/22/19 10:44 am

*transgender woman
*she

polster2 US
11/22/19 12:34 pm

If I think I’m a dog, does that make me one?

11/22/19 12:40 pm

Nope. But if you feel you’re a woman, that makes you one.

polster2 US
11/22/19 12:41 pm

You didn’t answer the question.

11/22/19 12:42 pm

Yes I did. It’s a yes or no question. Literally the first word of my response was “nope.”

polster2 US
11/22/19 12:47 pm

So, why is species different than gender?

11/22/19 1:01 pm

That really should be obvious. We are not and almost certainly never will be anywhere close to having the medical technology to transform someone’s species, and even if we somehow magically did, the difference between humans and other species is so astronomically larger than the difference between sexes of the same species that to even think about comparing the two is ludicrous. Probably every single organ system would be completely different, different intelligence levels and even a totally different sensory experience, completely different ways of communicating, etc. Not only would it be medically impossible to do anything to cater to such a condition in even the slightest manner, but the condition couldn’t even logically exist, because we can’t come close to imagining what it would be like to be a different species. You can’t feel that you’re a dog if you don’t have the slightest clue what being a dog is even like.

kscott516 Masks fail
11/22/19 2:37 pm

Transgender woman is a “he”. That’s a male. They have XY chromosomes.

11/22/19 2:38 pm

polster2 US
11/22/19 2:40 pm

Talren...I disagree with your opinion.

kscott516 Masks fail
11/22/19 2:49 pm

It does matter. So if I tell you I feel like royalty and expect you to address me as “Your Highness”, you’ll do so or you’re a bigot.

11/22/19 3:26 pm

No, I won’t. But if you tell me you want to be referred to as a she, I’ll do it.

polster2 US
11/23/19 7:09 am

Talren...Why the double standard??

kscott516 Masks fail
11/23/19 7:12 am

Talren, you said it only matters what I prefer to be called. You’re not being consistent.

Why wouldn’t you call me “Your Highness”? I truly do feel like royalty.

11/23/19 8:05 am

What double standard? It should be obvious to anyone that royalty is completely different from gender. Do I really need to give yet another long explanation that really shouldn’t be necessary like I did with species, or can you just save me the time and admit you’re just trolling?

polster2 US
11/23/19 8:07 am

Talren...I have no idea what being a royal is like. Your argument is dumb.

polster2 US
11/23/19 8:12 am

Talren...Your entire argument hinges on the fact that we can conceive of what it’s like to be another gender. What if I can’t conceive of that? Doesn’t that mean that I don’t have to call you a woman if you identify as one but have XY chromosomes??

11/23/19 8:55 am

Even if we can’t perfectly conceive of it, we can come light years closer than we could with another species. We all have virtually the same organs, similar brains, similar physiology, etc. with only minor variations. Transgenderism is therefore entirely reasonable and possible, unlike trans-species.

Now do any of you have any actual arguments, or are you just going to keep saying “But if it were something completely different instead of gender, you wouldn’t accept it!”?

Because you’re right, I wouldn’t, and that’s perfectly consistent. Gender is a pretty unique thing.

polster2 US
11/23/19 10:09 am

“Transgenderism is therefore entirely reasonable and possible, unlike trans-species.”

Totally disagree. Thanks for playing!

11/23/19 10:58 am

So I’ll take that as a “no” to “do you have any actual arguments?”, then.

kscott516 Masks fail
11/23/19 1:51 pm

How is royalty any different than gender? You said yourself it’s not about the chromosomes. I can feel like royalty without being of a royal lineage. Gender is about “feelings”, right? No factual basis needed.

I expect you to address me as “Your Highness” from now on, bigot.

11/23/19 4:27 pm

Sigh... apparently I do have to once again explain something that shouldn’t need explaining.

Respecting someone’s gender identity is extremely simple and is a matter of common courtesy. Literally all you have to do is call them by the name and pronouns they want to be called. Respecting someone’s “identity” as a royal would be far more demanding, entailing that others treat them like gods and do their every bidding. Hardly comparable to the reasonable and simple request of calling someone a “she.”

Even if the person only asked that they be addressed as a royal and not necessarily treated as such, it’s STILL a fundamentally different situation in that they’re asking to be addressed in a way that implies they have power and authority over others. No matter how you spin it, respecting a “trans-royal’s” identity would necessarily entail putting everyone else down, which is an issue that doesn’t exist with transgenders.

11/23/19 4:34 pm

In short, if “trans-royalty” were a real thing, it would be far more beneficial to treat it as a mental disorder than to treat it as a legitimate identity, for reasons that clearly don’t apply to transgenderism.

kscott516 Masks fail
11/24/19 10:44 am

I’m not suggesting I have power over you. I’m a descendant if King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden. I don’t have any control over you anymore than the Queen of England does but I’d like to be properly addressed from now on. It’s a respect thing. Why do you have to be a bigot and not address me as I feel entitled to?

11/24/19 11:01 am

Everything you just said was addressed in my last few comments. If you want to continue this conversation, come up with something new to bring to the table.

kscott516 Masks fail
11/24/19 11:52 am

I repeated it because you aren’t seeing your inconsistencies.

11/24/19 11:58 am

That’s not how a debate works. I just explained why they’re not inconsistencies.

kscott516 Masks fail
11/24/19 2:41 pm

“It doesn’t matter what their chromosomes are. It only matters what they prefer to be called.”

Your comment supports my argument.

11/25/19 9:48 pm

No, it doesn’t. That argument only works for gender, for reasons I’ve already explained.