CoffeeNow November 22nd, 2019 3:30pm

Cenk Uygur (The Young Turks) wrote an article in 1991 denying the Armenian genocide happened. In 1999 he said thereโ€™s no evidence. Recently he retracted his statements, and is now running for Congress. Legit change of heart or damage control?

FitzDarcy Tre46on
11/23/19 8:20 am

Nope just like Nikki Haley I don't believe she is a Trump Supporter now...Politically expedient to change sides change issues. Haley and Unger are fake and liars.

friendlysadist
11/22/19 12:54 pm

HOW MANY TIMES OVER HOW MANY YEARS SHOULD HE APOLOGIZE FOR THIS?

11/22/19 1:00 pm

Doesn’t matter really, since it’s obvious he doesn’t believe it. That’s why, while he did say it happened sort of, he said “well I don’t know enough about it” and refuses to talk about it in any context

friendlysadist
11/22/19 1:01 pm

What would it take for people to just stop with this (frankly) lie?

11/22/19 1:01 pm

It’s not a lie bro. It happened

friendlysadist
11/22/19 1:05 pm

He has been apologizing about this for how many years now? Even if he doesn’t go full throat with this, can’t we just accept that he doesn’t deny it anymore like at what point do we just say “he’s probably being honest”

11/22/19 1:10 pm

“at what point do we just say “he’s probably being honest””

Apparently as soon as people need to to support him for their political team. Do you know you’re being lied to or are you legit unironically this oblivious?

friendlysadist
11/22/19 1:12 pm

I’ve seen him (and other hosts on TYT) acknowledge this issue again and again way before he announced his running

friendlysadist
11/22/19 1:13 pm

So forgive me for thinking that this is just nothing more than old dirt. It’s been how many years since he last affirmatively said that it didn’t happen?

11/22/19 1:15 pm

It’s been 3 years since he lied through his teeth. It’s been 20 seconds since you defended a holocaust denier

friendlysadist
11/22/19 1:25 pm

I disagree that he is presently a Holocaust denier and even if he was a holocaust denier I’d still defend him if someone was lying about him. If the last time he has defended the idea is a decade ago, then why should the default assumption be that he does affirmatively believe that the holocaust did not happen?

11/22/19 1:29 pm

What new information came out between now and when he was writing articles over several decades denying the holocaust? Anything?

He was getting more popular and was just a couple of years away from a political run, which would have been literally impossible if he didn’t do this charade. It’s clearly a business decision. Further cemented by his “well I don’t know enough about it”. Why say something like that if you truly changed your opinion? But hey if you believe him more power to ya

FitzDarcy Tre46on
11/23/19 8:18 am

Words have meaning..he said it he meant it I can't UNHEAR it..

FitzDarcy Tre46on
11/23/19 8:18 am

Too little too late.

rons WOKE is sick
11/22/19 12:19 pm

Every candidate has done a Mea Culpa about something.

BaxterSanchez Amarillo
11/22/19 11:43 am

I'm not a fan of his but he changed his position long before he decided to run for Congress

11/22/19 12:07 pm

“Long before”

No, not long before. 3 years, probably about the time he started planning political aspirations. Not to mention he was getting an increasing amount of pressure from it

11/22/19 12:07 pm

Can you imagine if trump was a WW2 holocaust denier up until 3 years before he ran for president? ๐Ÿ˜‚

BaxterSanchez Amarillo
11/22/19 12:51 pm

Yeah that probably wouldn't go over well. Do you think think Trump would refer to the Armenian genocide as a genocide?

11/22/19 1:14 pm

No, I think trump would refer to it as a cheeseburger. Trump and Cenk are clowns and so is anyone who believes lies this transparent

MrMilkdud
11/22/19 11:31 am

I don’t care what he says.
I’m never buying any of his chicken sandwiches ever again.

accountwontpost
11/22/19 10:03 am

This user is currently being ignored

ctskapski x
11/22/19 10:41 am

You still pay attention to Ben Shapiro?

He's as absurd as TYT, easily.

accountwontpost
11/22/19 10:47 am

This user is currently being ignored

WorstGooEver Nuke the Hurricanes
11/22/19 11:21 am

Lol. How about the times when he got pissed at news anchors calmly asking him questions and ended the interview in a huff?

jbar1 University
11/22/19 11:42 am

The thing is that people don’t out debate Ben Shapiro, do you know why? For one thing he generally debates college students which makes the fact that he is an experiences public and political speaker very important. Secondly, he uses gish gallop as his debate style which essentially means that he presents as many arguments as possible disregarding accuracy simply because it makes it more difficult for his opponent to address all of them. Honestly, his opinions are mostly, if not all, completely half-baked and just because he can claim an unrelated cause and effect that conservatives agree with doesn’t mean that the argument holds water.

ctskapski x
11/22/19 12:08 pm

My response is basically what Barlow said, above me, but have it be delivered very quickly and with a bunch of other semi-related arguments of dubious merit.

friendlysadist
11/22/19 12:58 pm

Disagree on his opinions being half baked he is well researched otherwise yeah Ben Shapiro is fucking terrible.

ptellini Homosuperior
11/25/19 5:57 am

I have seen many debates on various topics and I have seen a lot of Ben Shapiro‘s debates.
He is well educated, very intelligent, quick on his feet and knows his stuff.
The only way anybody can think that he is inept, is because you don’t agree with him.
His supposed Gish Gallup that he does is simply presenting all of the facts.
He debates (I should say informs) many college students and he has done this with college professors. Anybody who denies this, needs to do their research.

friendlysadist
11/25/19 6:07 am

I claimed very clearly that he was well researched, my contention was his aggressive presentation of not letting people speak to fully flesh out opinions in order to make the opposing side look weak when in actuality they are just slow. It’s not the people he debates it is the format. He can I’m sure debate others on very high levels however he will often do it by interruption, sunk premises, and a lot of unethical behaviour you cannot reproduce on debate teams. Ben Shapiro debating is a sham.

ptellini Homosuperior
11/25/19 6:14 am

I have actually seen him debate people that are at a much higher level than college students and he shuts them down.
I don’t mean shutting them down as in not letting them talk. I mean shutting them down as in he presents something and they have nothing to offer.

Sentinel Ya ie wa noh
11/22/19 8:59 am

Anothe infamous "apology tour"....."Out-fuckingstanding!".....

11/22/19 9:20 am

Eh I don’t know if I’d call it a tour. More like a brief appearance ๐Ÿ˜‚

11/22/19 9:22 am

He also said he’s not going to talk about it anymore. Hmmm

johonmilla Monroe, nc
11/22/19 8:56 am

Not a fan of Cenk, but I should point out the article is from at least 3 years ago (comments are from 2016)

11/22/19 9:08 am

Yep, just was the most comprehensive one I found. My post is certainly more updated since he just announced his political career recently

11/22/19 12:04 pm

I did not have sexual relations with that woman!

BaxterSanchez Amarillo
11/22/19 12:43 pm

You don't believe it's a valid explanation?

11/22/19 1:05 pm

I think it’s one of the more obvious lies I’ve heard a politician say in the last 50 years, and that’s saying something.

BaxterSanchez Amarillo
11/22/19 2:59 pm

So do you think he still doesn't believe the Armenian genocide occurred or that he's always believed it occurred?

11/22/19 3:37 pm

I would bet money he still doesn’t believe it occurred and think it’s an Armenian lie. Go back and read his articles. It’s not just “oh never heard of it must not be true”

Dude had THEORIES. He hates the Armenians. He doesn’t trust them. It’s part of his culture. That doesn’t change overnight

BaxterSanchez Amarillo
11/22/19 8:14 pm

Well yeah not overnight, but what about over the course of several years? I can understand why you'd be skeptical but isn't it possible that the time he's spent working with Anna Kasparian, who is Armenian, might've had some influence on him?

11/23/19 9:46 am

Of course, but that’s not what happened here. The behavior is a dead giveaway. Statements like “i don’t know enough about it” and he’s not going to answer more questions about it are what a child would do when their parent admonishes them but they still think they’re right

11/23/19 9:48 am

If he truly had a change of heart he’d have no problem talking about it. He’d probably want to go on speaking tours to talk to other holocaust deniers to change their minds. He doesn’t bc he never had his mind changed. The only realization he came to is that he career cannot move forward unless he makes this statement. The man is a snake