jbar1 November 22nd, 2019 3:09am

In my opinion the 90s was the best decade for music, meaning that while some genres were not the best in the 90s overall the decade had the best performance from every genre combined. Do you agree?

snagglepuss2 Spring has sprung
11/23/19 10:10 pm

I think the 70s and 80s were the best decades.

TierasPet
11/22/19 4:44 am

No, there hasn't been a decade I'd consider awful but I don't have a favorite.

Wackacrat Harford County
11/22/19 4:12 am

I agree. Personally, the 90's is my favorite music decade. There was great country songs when they were still country songs before Toby Keith became a Ford Truck man. Grunge made the scene with iconic bands like Pearl Jam, STP, Smashing Pumpkins, and Alice in Chains. The Californian sound became big with lots of reggae influence like Sublime and 311. Hip hop was great too. Probably the only decade I can enjoy in that genre due to the heavy jazz funk influences like Tribe called Quest, and Beastie Boys. The 80's rap was too primitive and 2000's were over produced.

historylover
11/22/19 3:25 am

The 60s and 80s had a lot of good music. Swing is amazing as is classical. The 90s is when music started to go downhill big time. Most of it sounds horrendous now. Even in the 1990s, a large portion of the songs seemed to be more conducive to suicide than anything else. 🤮 Almost all pop music now is pure garbage as well as almost all so-called rap music.

jbar1 University
11/22/19 3:44 am

What do you mean when you say “so-called rap music”

jbar1 University
11/22/19 2:47 am

Based on some of the comments, I want to make myself clear. I was by no means disparaging any other decade of music, I love music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 00s, and 10s as well. I was simply stating that in my personal opinion I enjoyed the music from every genre the most in that decade (essentially it was my favorite decade for rock, second favorite decade for hip-hop, favorite decade for pop, etc.).

FitzDarcy Tre46on
11/22/19 2:44 am

40's Swing music was great too. Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Benny Goodman..

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/22/19 12:20 am

No. 50’s, 60’s and 70’s!

Radon Parts Unknown
11/21/19 9:24 pm

youtu.be/F9xT8p6L8Sc

Not even close. Thin Lizzy didn't exist then so it's impossible for the 90s to be the best.

lj74