LochnessMonster November 21st, 2019 12:15am

This year texas increased the smoking age to 21 including all nicotine products including vaping, with it being fully implemented on 9-1-22 would you support a federal age limit increase to combat under age smoking and vaping?

Attikai Oregon
11/21/19 9:43 pm

Smoking is a disgusting habit. Vaping isn't much better.

Robert0111 Oscar Romeo
11/21/19 8:52 am

This law has little to do with underage smoking raising the limit would actually have an immediate effect of having a larger amount of underage smokers.

This is because Texas is combating vaping and there loss of revenue from the master settlement agreement.

Robert0111 Oscar Romeo
11/21/19 8:53 am

This has nothing to do with safety it has everything to do with money believe it or not your state actually wants you smoking cigarettes opposed to vaping.

meHE Not of this World
11/21/19 7:06 am

We can’t control drugs, human trafficking and gun violations now, what makes us think we can control youth smoking.
Oh, and the war on poverty is doing well.

Constitutionist Southern Illinois
11/20/19 10:08 pm

No, that is against the 10th amendment allowing states to choose.

qmastrangelo Pottsvegas, PA
11/20/19 7:02 pm

If I’m old enough to die for my country I’m old enough to smoke. It’s my own choice, not the government’s.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/20/19 6:55 pm

I’m fine with it....but kind of pointless. Kids will still manage to get smokes. I will say though....times have changed. My HS had a smoking area and anyone could freely smoke or dip there no questions asked. It didn’t bother me...but I thought it was odd. That wouldn’t fly today.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
11/20/19 6:04 pm

If you can join the military and die for your country, you should be able to vape or smoke, so I disagree with the move to 21. We need to pick an age where one becomes an adult. 18 seems to be good. We don’t need to move adulthood to 21.

LochnessMonster Milky way
11/21/19 5:21 am

Technically if I'm not mistaken. If you are in the military you can drink and all of that while on base since the military has their own laws. I may be wrong I'm not 100% sure either way. Just something a military friend told me.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
11/21/19 6:45 am

No, you can’t violate regular laws in the military. I wonder if a military buddy told him that as a joke. Won’t be a joke when he gets caught and reprimanded. Not saying under age kids don’t drink all the time in the military, mind you. But it’s most definitely not allowed legally. Rules in the military are far more strict, not less strict, than the rules outside.

ILY3000 Blue collar
11/20/19 5:38 pm

Figures. Vapes kill but guns don’t.

LochnessMonster Milky way
11/20/19 5:18 pm

Personally I would support an increase in the age limit. If the age limit would have been 21 when I started smoking I most likely wouldn't have started. I started at age 18 and it was the worst decision I ever made. My mind wasn't fully developed and I wasn't educated enough of the effects of smoking or the addiction it would create.