Shazam November 20th, 2019 1:45am

My personal read on the impeachment so far: I agree with the GOPers that Burisma appointed HB to end around corruption probes led by the U.S. I agree with the DNCers that Trump attempted to bribe the Ukraine to dig up dirt. Both IMHO are unethical.

rons Thanks America
11/20/19 6:55 am

I thought those question were asked to the witnesses and none could confirm QPQ, Bribery or anything else. Most just hated the boat being rocked.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/21/19 9:17 am

Are you watching the testimonies? All of them, not just the parts pulled out by the media?

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
11/19/19 11:33 pm

Both can be true. And trump would still be a lying, corrupt scumbag worthy of incarceration.

tractorman Oklahoma
11/19/19 9:57 pm

False equivalency....one was poor judgement, the other a sellout of the US πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

ozzy
11/19/19 9:20 pm

Trump was looking into 2016 interference, not a 2020 contender

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/19/19 9:50 pm

Uh huh. In the conspiracy world, how did Burisma interfere in 2016 again? I must have missed that post from Q.

⚑

ozzy
11/20/19 6:20 am

Separate issue. 1) Ukraine was the source of much of the Clinton/Steele dossier - effecting the 2016 election. 2) Biden situation is an obvious conflict of interest and corrupt. Rooting out corruption starts with burisma and the Biden’s.

HoosierFan
11/20/19 7:29 am

Yet a Trump Tower in Ukraine isn’t the least bit corrupt? Fascinating.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/20/19 8:25 pm

OZ - bullshit. Hunter Biden's involvement in the Ukraine had ended months before the call. There's zero reason to ask for him to be investigated AFTER he left beyond an attempt to get some dirt on his top political contender at that time.

⚑

ozzy
11/21/19 5:45 am

No one asked for Biden to be investigated. Trump asked for Ukraine to restart their anti-corruption investigations and burisma is the biggest one because it stole us taxpayer money. He remembered it by Biden’s video bragging how he got the prosecutor fired.
You are conflating these separate things

ozzy
11/21/19 5:46 am

Stop 1) cursing and 2) changing what we are discussing to validate your unhinged anger. Your response to me is inappropriate

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/21/19 9:16 am

Bullshit. I didn't change what I was talking about. you asserted Trump was focused on 2016, I am saying that's incorrect. He is interested in 2020.

Trump did ask both Bidens be investigated. It's on he top of page 4 in the call memo. Trump said he wanted Ukraine to investigate Hunter and Joe on the lawn, and EVERY single witness both on the call and directed to implement the carrot/stick initiative said they were told it was crucial to maintaining support for the Ukraine.

This is my sandbox Oz. Not yours. You're free to not come in and just vote down my polls when you see them pop up. We don't have safe spaces here.

⚑

ozzy
11/21/19 11:00 am

That is not what it says

ozzy
11/21/19 11:01 am

Well aren’t you ass hurt

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/21/19 7:37 pm

OZ - "There's lots of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with 5h4 AG would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

We also know from Colonel Vindman that the "..." Is an omission of Trump referring to a supposed tape of Biden.

So yes. It is exactly what it says. And my ass is fine bubba. No pain at all.

⚑

Moderaterighty Ohio
11/19/19 8:14 pm

I actually 100% agree with you for once ... This doesn't happen very often. I think your take on this situation is actually a very moderate one! Bravo!!

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/19/19 8:26 pm

Thanks! Right now, I'm sure many think I'm very liberal because of my disdain for Trump. I'm actually very much a centrist. Oh, and the problem is that while this snafu should probably cost Biden his shot at being POTUS, if things continue to unfold as they have been it should also result in Trump's removal.

⚑

SuperAgain They lie, Get Over It
11/19/19 9:06 pm

Yes, both Bidens should have known better... With ethics, it the appearances that matter and they both should have known better. For Trump, nothing about the Bidens absolves him of his crimes and, in fact, the GOP narrative only makes Trump’s crimes look worse... (if the Bidens are so bad, Trump’s situation is far worse)

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/19/19 8:22 pm

I hear a lot of folks focusing on the "stick," but much fewer calling out the "carrot." Either may raise to the level of an attempted bribe.

Oh, and on this side of the pond, not a single witness has suggested Trump has done nothing wrong. Here's a good table for you to review.

i.postimg.cc/FzzM4rrk/20191119-221831.jpg

⚑

LibArtie SW Connecticut
11/19/19 7:27 pm

We have a mobster madman in the White House who is a clear and present global danger. What the FCK does HB have to do with anything important?

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/19/19 6:56 pm

Caveat: I'm only through about 1/3rd of today's testimony. I haven't seen any of the testimony from this evening witnesses.

Hunter Biden's appointment seems a clear attempt by Burisma to limit their exposure to consequences for past/current corruption once Joe Biden got the prosecutor fired. No way that should have been cool with anyone. Not sure it's illegal though.

So far, it's also seems clear that Trump tried to dangle a political carrot and stick to get the Ukrainians to dig up dirt he could use in the upcoming election. The carrot was a visit to the WH. The stick was loss of military support. Unfortunately, this likely constitutes attempted bribery.

The only way I see possible for POTUS to prove innocence is to make the case other policy was in the works that these players were not looped in on. Unfortunately, I'm not sure we actually have a documented foreign policy roadmap. For Ukraine or anywhere else.

⚑

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
11/19/19 7:00 pm

The only other defense that might work is for the GOP to pivot to "yes, what Trump did was wrong, but it didn't do any long lasting damage," for Trump to agree, apologize, and accept whatever oversight consequences Congress imposes.

I really think Trump would rather be kicked out of office than admit wrongdoing. Much less apologise. I could be wrong, but I really doubt it.

⚑