bringstheeagle November 17th, 2019 9:29pm

🤔 apparently at least several Trump backed and well funded politicians around the country lost to Democrats, now in conservative Kansas. Is this a significant indicator for future Democratic victories in the future. Yes or No?

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
11/17/19 7:02 pm

Way too early to predict anything for 2020, lots can happen.

11/17/19 7:04 pm

Can’t argue with that but I’m pleased so far.

MJSeals J.D.
11/17/19 5:49 pm

No, Kris Kobach is a horrible person, Roy Moore is a horrible person, Vitter lost Louisiana in 2015 - Trump still won in 2016.

Senator Robertson nesrly lost Kansas in 2014. Steve Bullock won Montana in 2016.

Ive studied these elections thoroughly. Trump has little, to no effect on these, just as Obama had little to no effect in Vermont, Maryland, Massachusetts, or New Hampshire's Gubernatorial races who are all Republicans.

11/17/19 5:57 pm

Okay you’re ruining my theory here but okay 👌 I think you’re wrong 😊. Also, Obama never claimed to have coattails or threatened to punish folks who didn’t stay in line with his views. Actually, nobody wanted Obama to come because of the adverse impact. I’m speculating that as things move along folks will be running from Trumpster like they were from Obama. One could argue that’s already happened in Virginia where Republicans claim now they just conceded to the liberals 😊

mcable Lost in Translation
11/17/19 4:50 pm

Every day, more old people die and more young people turn 18. Every day, America gets a little browner, a little gayer and a little more secular. Modern conservatism is on its way out, for sure. Trump? He may win in 2020, or maybe not. Either way, he is a coda of the once Grand Old Party. His poisonous break with political conventions is emblematic of the final death knell that started when the tent got opened up to the racists in the 70’s and the phony better-than-thou religious in the 80’s.

11/17/19 4:54 pm

Wow 😳 @mcable really powerful 💥 insightful and thoughtful stuff. Where have you been all this time 😊. I would follow if I didn’t already.

mcable Lost in Translation
11/17/19 4:57 pm

Ive been here forever but I really can only afford a few minutes a week for this kind of recreation what with work and daddy responsibilities. Also, I ate my wheaties today and all my brain cells are firing!

11/17/19 5:01 pm

😂 😆 😝 believe me I understand and believe me your voice is clear and needed here. Bye for now. 😊

smartfart Florida
11/17/19 4:49 pm

Hopefully, this makes the Dems accept a larger tent, unlike the GOP, which got them losing these no-brainer seats. All of these red state Dems aren’t going to be a rubber stamp (again, like the Trump boy GOP), but will move the likelihood of people who only see an R & ignore any D to accept the possibility of voting dem in the future.

...

snagglepuss2 Spring has sprung
11/17/19 4:06 pm

It’s possible. After the public hearings have exposed the GOP I would hope Americans would see the light!

zimmy Florida
11/17/19 3:58 pm

I believe the Right won’t have 2020 in the bag like they think they will!

11/17/19 4:11 pm

It’s looking more like a long term pattern like liberalartie is saying since 2017 onwards and becoming more pronounced.

jfish82285 Tennessean in Colorado
11/17/19 3:43 pm

I believe the recent elections just go to show how important candidates are in an election. And that state elections are still considered separately from federal elections.

11/17/19 3:45 pm

Okay 👌 fair enough I can’t argue with that at this point. Thanks for sharing your view.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
11/17/19 3:35 pm

The blue wave has been on display since the 2016 debacle. It continues to intensify.

sjrez Cope Harder
11/17/19 3:41 pm

This article cites a Rasmussen poll, whose last poll before the 2018 elections had Republicans up by one point on the generic ballot, or national house vote, I can’t remember which. Either way, it was TOTALLY wrong.

It also cites only that poll. And this was one of Obama’s least popular stretches in his presidency. He had the ability to fluctuate, Trump does not.

Also, I thought all polls were unreliable.

11/17/19 3:43 pm

Be that as it may ....his popularity apparently isn’t translating into strong or protective coattails for the people he’s endorsing for office. The poll isn’t about specifically his popularity ...it’s about his association/endorsement manifesting as wins for Republican candidates. It’s apparently mixed at best.

tdaddy Kentucky
11/17/19 3:10 pm

That’s hard to say. Afterall, none of the mainstream media gave Trump a chance in hell of winning in 2016 yet he did, and if the mainstream media thought “the deplorables” were too stupid to outthink the Trumpers, well look who turned out to be the stupid ones, the clueless. Too clueless to realize Trump was taking no chances on winning the popular vote and that was why his last pre-election rallies were in precisely those states most likely to yield just enough electoral votes to win the Presidency.

So, hell, let the mainstream media call the shots wrong again. If they want to call the game in some Dem’s favor let them. Maybe the Trumpers will have a chance to backdoor the clueless yet again. Now wouldn’t that be a hoot! 🦉

11/17/19 3:21 pm

Sounds good except he’s the one claiming he has the pixie dust to make or break candidates. He’s the one threatening to award or withdraw or withhold his support and his “machine” if other politicians don’t support his views. Apparently when they do they’re getting their behinds handed to them.

This is apparently different than mainstream missed predictions last election. Also MSM has apparently been fair in predicting wins for Republican Candidates this time around. .....they just keep loosing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Even if Trump wins and he looses majorities around the country that don’t bode well for his power in what will already prove a lame duck 🦆 term no matter what.

11/17/19 3:08 pm

😳 never in a million years would I expect that response from you. 😵

11/17/19 3:29 pm

Always pictured you as deeply hardcore conservative or libertarian and at least not someone who would view yes as a possibility here.

zimmy Florida
11/17/19 4:00 pm

Mal- I’m with Brings on this, didn’t expect that response from you at all.

11/17/19 4:24 pm

😊 ☝️ see .... like I said.

Malekithe Hades
11/17/19 4:52 pm

Don’t think you guys get me at all.

Malekithe Hades
11/17/19 4:54 pm

Not hardcore or libertarian.
I am an independent. I lean left socially and right fiscally.
We probably agree on more than you think

11/17/19 4:57 pm

Clearly if we agree at all it’s more than I’ve ever thought but still thanks for sharing your insights. I truly didn’t know and missed completely.