Radon November 17th, 2019 1:41pm

Inspired by @Breck. Have you ever killed a vertebrate?

rondo1 Colorado
11/17/19 10:11 pm

Biology class, and put a couple dogs down when very sick and old

chrism75 Dixie
11/17/19 8:02 pm

Killed a small cotton mouth right after it bit my heel.

bjg1009
11/17/19 2:31 pm

I’ve accidentally ran over a squirrel while driving, so yes

BaxterSanchez Amarillo
11/17/19 2:30 pm

Copperhead, a chicken, fish, mercy killed some mice

STEMguy Parties Are The Enemy
11/17/19 1:27 pm

Deer, squirrels, rabbits, fish, and some others.

DJAria Coushatta, LA
11/17/19 11:11 am

Thankfully, no.

My military service never involved killing, and I have never much enjoyed hunting. So that’s that.

susanr Colorado
11/17/19 8:56 am

Fish, but I haven’t been fishing for many years. Mice, when I was doing medical research.

rons WOKE is sick
11/17/19 8:33 am

I used to keep fish but practiced catch and release starting in the 70’s.

ArrowFodder ohio
11/17/19 7:01 am

I had to check the definition just to make sure I wasn’t mistaken . I’ve never hunted and I’ve never killed a chicken. I’ve gone fishing but I always released the fish back into the water . So I guess I have never personally killed a vertebrate . That just happens to be true. It’s not because I’m against other people doing it. I love chicken , steak , fish etc

Radon Parts Unknown
11/17/19 7:07 am

You value meat more once you've taken a life. It becomes more than just a means to eat once you experience what it takes to get it.

DonWichita Kansas
11/17/19 10:11 am

That's of little spacey, but again, many children have no idea where hamburger and sausage come from and how it gets to the store.
Once they know, some become Pita nuts or anti-meat vegans.
However my family understands that animals are here for the benefit of mankind.

Radon Parts Unknown
11/17/19 10:21 am

Becoming one of those people is from a lack of experiencing real life. It's not their fault really, living in those God forsaken cities does it to you; and they didn't choose that life.

ArrowFodder ohio
11/17/19 11:37 am

I appreciate your comments . I would enjoy fishing and eating it . I will again at some point . If I were able I’d definitely raise chickens. My grandma’s fried chicken and chicken soup was beyond comparison when I compare it to what we get . She raised chickens and It just doesn’t compare. I wouldn’t mind hunting for game meat either , but it’s not something I have any expertise in . I don’t know how to prepare a fish either . I’m really disconnected from the land I guess .