Is President Trump a fascist?
I’m really hoping the tagline fascists here make an itemized list of yes/no fascist. Genuinely curious about your opinions
What do you mean?
There are some self identified fascists here. I wanna hear from them on literally every issue in how they rank him
I’m a self-proclaimed fascist. Idk about EVERY issue, but I can give you like a top 10 important issues list
Please do I’m very interested
Sure. Here’s the list, and if you don’t see an issue you were wondering about, just ask me. (Also this isn’t really in order, it’s just whatever comes to my head)
2. Secure borders
3. And end to democracy on a federal level (local elections are fine. For me at least)
4. And end to Capitalism
5. An end to abortion, hookup culture, general degeneracy, etc
6. Catholicism the state religion
8. A powerful State
9. Mandatory gun ownership
Also, do remember this is just for me. Other fascists might disagree with slme of this
Alright I appreciate that. I can see that this guy must be a mixed bag for you but that I you very much for the response
*but thank you very much
Yeah no problem. Anytime
Antifa is literally the opposite of fascism?
Opposite in name only
And in most other things?
Not even close, but I really wish he was
No. He is a want-to-be fascist. But luckily our government institutions are strong enough to keep him in check.
Literally what about him is even remotely fascist?
1. He wanted a military parade.
2. He likes to put his names on buildings.
3. Appoints family members to positions of power.
4. Wants to lock up political opponents.
5. Multi hour speeches at scary rallies.
6. Profits from his presidency.
7. Friendly with other dictators.
8. Uses media outlet as propaganda machine by calling into and consulting with Fox News on a regular basis.
9. Lie as often as he breathes.
10. Demonizes a sub-group of people (immigrants).
Soon he will be dressing up in a military uniform...
Literally none of that is what it means to be fascist??? Is he a nationalist? Yes. A fascist? No. And you’re too brain dead to see the difference
Fascist- often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.
Matches my list of Trump’s behaviors above.
Viva, under your list you provided he already extolls securing borders and ending immigration, and has talked PLENTY about religion and how important it is and how America needs to be a country of god, even if it isn't Catholicism.
Mandatory gun ownership no, but more gun ownership certainly
And while he hasn't explicitly done anything to permenantly increase state power he's made several moves that stretch it.
I'm not saying he's a fascist, I'm just saying he's pretty well trying to move in that direction.