ElizabethL BOS . NC
11/16/19 7:20 pm

Unintentional map art

IEatzCookies Alderaan
11/16/19 6:32 am

they're quacks. as stupid as astrology

jamjay Atlanta, Ga
11/16/19 4:40 am

Sure, Great Insurance.
They Help when Regular Adjustments

mac007 Mars
11/15/19 10:35 pm

No, I consider them quacks. πŸ‘Ž

here4fun
11/15/19 5:19 pm

Yes! And I now have one where I work. I have never felt better after a visit with one!!!

lcamino Florida and Georgia
11/15/19 2:55 pm

No, I go to medical doctors and physical therapists.

bnnt Los Angeles
11/15/19 10:25 am

Once and never again. Literal conversation 15 years ago.

Me: When will my tendon stop hurting?

Chiropractor: Likely never. You need to come back every 2 weeks for the rest of your life to manage it.

I never went back and 4 days later it went away on its own.

bnnt Los Angeles
11/15/19 10:27 am

One note -
Acupuncture helped with a lower back pain after 1 visit. Left the office and it was barely noticeable.

HoosierFan
11/15/19 6:46 am

Here’s some trivia for you. The man who popularized chiropractics in America owned a radio station, WOC (World of Chiropractics), that gave Ronald Reagan his first job in broadcasting as a sportscaster calling Cubs and White Sox games.

gonzoboy Arizona
11/15/19 5:52 am

"I have a what... a subluxation of my spine?! How do I get rid of it??"

"Come see me twice a week for the first month, once a week for the next three, then twice a month for the next two after that. After we’ve crossed this threshold in your ‘treatment', I’ll have you come in once a month indefinitely to prevent further damage, and to keep you adjusted. This will also help your health generally, because a healthy spine makes every organ in your body healthy, and you’ll enjoy a better life and won’t need actual Doctors as much, because of chiropractics!"
πŸ’ΈπŸ’Έ
πŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ’Έ
πŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ’Έ πŸ’ΈπŸ’Έ
πŸ’ΈπŸ’Έ
πŸ’Έ
🀯

ACEGUY Young Film Writer
11/15/19 7:54 am

I’ve heard once you go to one once, you must go for life. Is this what you’re saying?

omniku dot com
11/15/19 5:01 am

Don’t go it’s dangerous! There is a link between chiropractic neck adjustments and stroke: www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/chiropractic-neck-adjustments-linked-to-stroke

I know two people who have had strokes after seeing a chiropractor. Do NOT let them adjust your neck!

PrincessPetal Austin, TX
11/15/19 12:45 am

I love going to the chiropractor!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/14/19 10:30 pm

Yes. Chiropractors have helped me very much over the years, with bulging discs, chronic myofascial pain, sciatica, etc.

omniku dot com
11/15/19 5:02 am

Be careful 4JC! Copying my comment from above....

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/19 9:41 am

Thanks for the warning, omniku! As the article points out:

“The tear can occur spontaneously, after some sort of injury to the neck, or even during sports such as weight lifting or golf.

Now, the American Heart Association (AHA) warns of another possible cause: the quick, thrusting neck movements SOME chiropractors and other health care professionals use to treat neck pain.”

I’ve found that there are two types of chiropractors: those that use quick, jerky movements like that, and those that use soft , steady pressure to manipulate the spine. I’ve been to ONE appointment at ONE of those chiropractors that was REALLY rough and I NEVER went back there again!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/19 9:41 am

I prefer chiropractic clinics that have chiropractors that have degrees in sports medicine, in addition to their chiropractic degrees, do x-rays on site before manipulating, have exercise equipment for therapy, etc. The type of neck adjustments I’ve gotten is where they lie you down and put your head within a machine that GENTLY stretches the head up and away from the neck, to release pressure on the neck. It’s VERY relaxing and I almost fall asleep while they do it.

A friend had another method of this...one of those in-home contraptions that flips you upside down for a while to take the pressure off the cervical discs, that his chiropractor had prescribed.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/15/19 9:41 am

I’ve seen people here on SoH either RAVE about their chiropractors or call chiropractors charlatans. There seems to be no middle ground! I think that’s because of these two different types. I would also say to steer clear of chiropractors that tell you they can cure every disease under the sun. They tend to be QUACKS!

Going to a chiropractor has helped me avoid the spinal surgery that a medical doctor thought I was going to need with bulging discs in my neck. When I went to a surgeon for a consult, the surgeon told me that the spine usually heals itself, given enough time. So I went to a chiropractor to get some relief from the pain, which gave me the time to allow it to heal.

Vesta Cleveland Ohio
11/14/19 9:58 pm

I have been seeing one regularly for a year. Severe shoulder pain has resolved since pressure relieved on a cervical nerve. My orthopedist had told me I’d need a shoulder replacement...

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/14/19 9:03 pm

I accompanied my husband to one who was reputed to be good at treating migraines. Not to disparage other chiropractors, but this particular one was ignorant of a few basic facts most non-physicians know, like food safety. He suggested that my husband pack food like chicken salad for his lunch the night before and leave it on the kitchen counter overnight in Tupperware. We asked “What about bacteria?” “It will be safe because it it will be in a vacuum” he replied.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/14/19 9:04 pm

And no, he was unable help the migraines.

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/14/19 9:08 pm

Another of the things he did was dishonest. He x-rayed the spine at an oblique angle, so the spine appeared curved on the film. Then he diagnosed and wanted to treat scoliosis.

desolatia Oregon
11/14/19 9:02 pm

Yes, I found the hip manipulation helpful for sciatica. None of the rest of it seemed to do any good.

They had an excellent massage therapist that I saw every week for awhile. It felt like she was killing me during the massage, but it really helped in the long run. My insurance stopped covering it, though, so I had to stop going.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
11/14/19 8:56 pm

Many years ago I was suffering through a severe bought of arthritis. I don’t remember much about the appt but I found it upsetting. He prescribed a whole bunch of supplements and herbs and put me on a strict diet. I lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks, suffered terribly with headaches and there wasn’t much I could eat. I stopped going to him even though my pain went away because I couldn’t live eating nothing. I was miserable.

timeout Boston Strong
11/14/19 8:19 pm

I tried it and I find it to be a temporary fix.

Maryelizabeth
11/14/19 7:36 pm

I’ve tried it but never felt better from the session. So just don’t do that anymore.

Quinnipiac Here
11/14/19 7:26 pm

It felt scammy. They had a “family night” to nominally teach my wife massage to help with my pain, but which turned into a pressurized recruiting event when they separated the spouses from the patients. Crazy and shady.

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
11/14/19 7:24 pm

Yeah, but I think it's pseudo-science.

smartfart Florida
11/14/19 7:21 pm

Yes...within the last 5 hours.