MrsCrayonWax
11/15/19 12:43 pm

No and when I used this term when talking about our next house, the person to whom I was talking had no clue what it was.

FitzDarcy Tre46on
11/15/19 2:51 am

Not Today I do not.. My Grandmas all had Parlors.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
11/14/19 9:30 pm

No, but I'm planning to build a bar in my next house

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
11/14/19 9:16 pm

I live in an apartment, so that would be a no.

fcdrvr
11/14/19 9:12 pm

If you also mean sitting room then yes, I sit on the toilet quite frequently, especially after drinking coffee.

Attikai Oregon
11/14/19 8:14 pm

Yeah, you enter into the foyer which leads into the parlor. Adjoining the parlor is the dining room. From there you can access the hallway which leads to the bedrooms or you can enter the kitchen. There's also a laundry room and my office on that floor. Downstairs is the theater room, the bar, and on the other side of the room is the gym. But my favorite "room" is the outdoor kitchen. I'll be framing in the lower cabinets Saturday.

Quinnipiac Here
11/14/19 5:43 pm

“Now gentlemen, if you’ll join me in the parlor, we will be serving hhhhwite cake.”

chickencookie Jihad Joe
11/14/19 5:36 pm

My mother called our family room “the parlor”.

orgblu10 Shamerica
11/14/19 5:35 pm

Ice cream parlor?
Massage parlor?
Funeral parlor?
None of the above.

Wert A picture of my junk
11/14/19 4:15 pm

Accessible through the secret passageway in the Ballroom. It’s where we keep the lead pipe.

Attikai Oregon
11/14/19 8:14 pm

Niiiice.

MrMilkdud
11/15/19 1:28 pm

I know someone who has a ballroom in their house.
They have a very old, big house and the original owners had the attic redone as a complete ballroom complete with chandeliers, a stage, and a full bar. The floors are fully restored parquet.
The previous owners didn’t realize this, and so the attic remained unused. Or maybe they did know but left it alone because it can only be accessed through the attic staircase.
It might have been a speakeasy.

MrMilkdud
11/14/19 4:12 pm

We keep one of the front rooms of the house closed off to the kids. It has upscale, heirloom furniture and we only really open it up when we have guests or for parties. We also put the Christmas tree in there and let the kids in during the Christmas season so they can read Christmas stories, etc.

It didn’t used to be uncommon for people to kee one room of their home in that state. I was just wondering if this was that uncommon now.

susanr Colorado
11/14/19 4:12 pm

Hey, I’m just glad it has a kitchen. The last 2 places I lived in didn’t have a separate kitchen. This one has a living room, a kitchen, a bedroom and a bathroom. That’s twice the number of rooms I had in my grad school apartment.

Even the 5-bedroom house I used to own didn’t have a parlor.

rons WOKE is sick
11/14/19 4:10 pm

No dead people here. As in Funeral Parlor. Other then that in most houses it the unused living room next to the playroom.

MrMilkdud
11/14/19 4:13 pm

I keep my dead people in the sub basement behind the secret door.

suppressedID keep Summer safe
11/14/19 4:05 pm

Right next to the ballroom and the library.

rons WOKE is sick
11/14/19 4:12 pm

Ah yes. Usually used for a good cigar and brandy while the ladies washed the dishes!