TopsQueen November 14th, 2019 3:14am

Emergency prayer request. My best friend Rose is getting custody of her grandson. Parents both prefer drugs. He is 10 does have some behavior problems. Husband was a POW in Nam. Told her today choose him or the boy😭

JPA1960 Illinois
11/14/19 6:28 pm

I’ll be praying! 🙏🏻

suppressedID IMEACH BIDEN
11/14/19 4:07 pm

This is why we need more multigenerational households.

jmw7477 Indiana
11/14/19 7:44 am

Very sad. I’m glad someone is stepping in. I’ve seen too many times where the state didn’t when they should’ve. There were even family members willing to raise the kids as their own without any financial help from the state.

My grandparents raised me. My mom had me young. She was more interested in men and drugs than raising me. When I was 9 or 10, my biological dad wanted custody of me. I’d barely seen him. My grandparents lawyer told him he’d have to pay child support that he hadn’t for about 8 or 9 years. Or he could sign over his rights.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/16/19 1:53 pm

She did loose two from the same daughter. Ones in Kentucky and she can talk once in a great while. What is here and it’s open adoption so she can see him.

mark4
11/14/19 6:25 am

Thanks, Tops.

Prayers.

TierasPet
11/14/19 5:16 am

My thoughts are with them all. Are they in a financial position to help her grandson Beyond what the foster care system will provide? I hope so because he probably needs counseling and I can say with first-hand knowledge, the counselors they provide are not equipped to deal with complex situations, at least in this state.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/14/19 8:09 am

No. Sadly that his father has done a lot of psychological damage to the boy. He refuses to work and tells the boy that if grandma didn’t take care of him he’ll be living on the street.

TierasPet
11/14/19 1:03 pm

I'm sorry. It's truly awful how some people treat children and what they think of them. I was hoping his grandparents had the financial resources but if they don't they can work with the foster care system and hope it goes well. I'm sure he does need counseling; that's terrible, terrible stuff he's gone through.

FitzDarcy Tre46on
11/14/19 3:44 am

She made a vow to her husband too. It sounds like this kid "needs" far more help than she will ever be able to give him. At 10 years of age the horrible years are just starting for a kid with issues. Her husband obviously knows it would not work out for the 3 of them together.

Brrrrrrrrr
11/13/19 11:38 pm

Who is “him” and why must she choose between him and the boy?

lj74
11/13/19 10:35 pm

It’s amazing on how many children are being raised by their grandparents these days.

historylover
11/14/19 12:51 am

It’s very sad and a great indicator of what drugs do to society.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/13/19 10:24 pm

How sad, TQ! Praying for the entire family!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/13/19 10:24 pm

💠 TopsQueen asked:
11/14/2019

catpillow Florida West Coast
11/13/19 10:21 pm

Wow, poor Rose. That’s a tough spot to be in. I know a couple who spent their retirement years raising 4 grandchildren for the same reason. It was very hard on them, but they had each other to lean on.

imanag My heaven on Earth
11/13/19 9:47 pm

Oh my goodness gracious! That’s so difficult! I will definitely be praying for Rose and family. 💔

Kay41 the Midwest
11/13/19 9:04 pm

What a horrible situation! I'll pray for them all.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
11/13/19 9:12 pm

I love her nephew he’s a cute little guy. But he need someone to sit on him. Mom keeps him promising to see him and something more important comes up. Rose gives him soda cans $0.10 in Oregon and his dad steals them. He has done nothing to get medical or dental care for him and refuses to get a job. Rose is it for him. John has PTSD.

Kay41 the Midwest
11/13/19 9:16 pm

Well, none of that is good. The poor kid really needs some guidance and love. Hope he gets it!