friendlysadist
11/12/19 10:58 am

I said no until I met one. Not giving ANY details but I’m switching my opinion

Negamu be gay, do crime
11/11/19 11:50 pm

No one earns and keeps that much money honestly.

Wackacrat Harford County
11/12/19 6:33 am

Wrong. I have the most convenient robot that saves you a life time of earnings without having to work for it but it only costs you about half your life earnings leaving you with a great deal of money and time left over for you. You'd be a fool not to voluntarily give me your money like most of the world. Is this not an honest way to make money? People giving money to someone for something of value in return? No one is forced.

Negamu be gay, do crime
11/12/19 6:47 am

Lets say I make 5k without taxes day I work.

And I work every single day of the year. No vacations or weekends or anything like that.

If I started working when Christopher Columbus came across American, I would still not be a billionaire.

And notice how I said “earn AND keep” in my comment. Those tax breaks sure cost us a lot more than it costs them.

lj74
11/12/19 7:15 am

Negamu: this isn’t about you and to say that just because someone earns a lot of money they naturally have to be dishonest, is naive and intellectually dishonest in itself. It’s also a clear case of money envy. Get over yourself.
With your “logic” anyone who earns more money than you is automatically dishonest.
Ridiculous and flat out insultingly erroneous

Negamu be gay, do crime
11/12/19 2:06 pm

“Hey. This group of people get and horde insane amounts of money, more than any of us could ever dream of possibly getting. They do this through tax breaks, off-shore bank accounts, and shady dealing with politicians. It’s corrupt as hell.”

“Ur just jealous”

Jesus Christ do you even read what you type before posting?

Wackacrat Harford County
11/13/19 3:12 am

Your scenario you propose is a mute point to your argument and you don't even bother answering mine.

If some one makes money, they should be able to keep it and spend it how they want. Once you give your money that you earned to someone because they created and have something you want, money is exchanged and is no longer yours to decide how its spent, even if person X has more than you or less than you.

Why would you think its OK if you and i along with someone else were in a room together, and you guys agreed to beat me up if I didn't give you some of my money just because I had more? That is basically what you are saying.

Wackacrat Harford County
11/13/19 3:17 am

Also, to your point of $5000 a day. If someone who makes wise decisions and investments with that $5,000 can be a billionare as soon as a couple of years. They can also be broke as hell if they spend it haphazardly.

Equal income will not = equal outcome. Its has a lot to do with how you spend it.

Negamu be gay, do crime
11/13/19 5:16 am

“If some one makes money, they should be able to keep it and spend it how they want.”

Well I make my money, so I’m just not going to pay my share of taxes like billionaires. Oh wait no, I’d end up in jail.

“Why would you think its OK if you and i along with someone else were in a room together, and you guys agreed to beat me up if I didn't give you some of my money just because I had more? That is basically what you are saying”

No. I’m saying people should pay their share of fucking taxes just like everyone else has to. Is it really that complex of a concept for you to get? Wanting people to pay their taxes?

And finally, you missed the ducking point of the 5k a day thing. Which was that even if I made an insane amount of money every day, money that you or me could never even dream of obtaining, for HUNDREDS OF YEARS, I would STILL not be a billionaire. Anyone who can gain and horde that kind of wealth is corrupt and I have yet to see an example that proves otherwise.

Wackacrat Harford County
11/14/19 3:58 am

So bill gates is a fraud that stole his money corruptly and doesn't pay taxes. OK. Just because someone has more money than you still doesn't make it right for you to think you or anyone else deserves that money simply because you couldn't come up with a good idea like they did and now they have more than you.

I didn't miss your point, it was just stupid.

You missed mine as far people do earn money honestly and then spend it wisely investing into other peoples good decisions. There are also people who earn lots and lots of money and can blow it in a matter of years (watch the 30 for 30 ESPN doc "Broke")

Equal income doesn't mean equal outcome.

Wackacrat Harford County
11/14/19 4:05 am

And who's not paying their fair share in taxes? Its not the rich, they're actually the ones who pay taxes, a majority of them. I want people to be responsible for themselves and not blame everyone like they're a victim for EXCHANGING money on an item that costs something to make and they want to buy and use it for an agreed upon price. You're the one who said no one can make it honestly, which is wrong. You came back with the stupid $5,000 a day remark which has nothing to do with anything because its not just about how much you get paid, its also about how you invest it.

Now you've changed your premise of frustration from how they make their money honestly to now you feel they dont spend enough money on you because they have more than you.

Negamu be gay, do crime
11/14/19 4:58 am

If you think that the rich pay the same tax rates as you and me, you are fucking fooling yourself.

Wackacrat Harford County
11/14/19 5:41 am

I know they don't. They pay more.

Wackacrat Harford County
11/14/19 5:43 am

Besides, it still doesn't mean they didn't make their money honestly like you propose.

Negamu be gay, do crime
11/14/19 4:00 pm

I didn’t say that all got it dishonestly. Stop getting fucking held up on that. Again, earn AND keep.

Last year they paid income taxes at a lesser rate than us for the first time since the early 1900s. They keep getting tax breaks, finding loopholes, using estate and gift exemptions, donating money, and that leave them able to not pay their share like everyone else. They ARE NOT paying their taxes like everyone else.

Wackacrat Harford County
11/15/19 12:18 am

"I didn't say all got it dishonestly."

Litteraly your whole original post - "No one earns and keeps that much money honestly."

Do you see the problem with those statements.

Wackacrat Harford County
11/15/19 12:22 am

They're paying more than the majority and according to the law which makes it honest. Please show me the billionaire that is stealing your money, that you are giving money to unwillingly. Your problem is with the people who are giving money, not the people earning it.

Negamu be gay, do crime
11/15/19 3:51 am

If I gave you a million dollars, should you not have to pay taxes on it because I gave it to you?

Wackacrat Harford County
11/15/19 4:52 am

No. It really depends on what you do with that money when you get it. It shouldn't be taxed if it is reinvested.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
11/11/19 10:45 pm

No, and billionaires aren’t necessarily evil either...

Malekithe Hades
11/11/19 7:59 pm

Just Democrats

Negamu be gay, do crime
11/11/19 11:51 pm

I can’t imagine thinking that Republican billionaires are somehow not fucking you over just as much as the Democratic ones.

Malekithe Hades
11/12/19 3:30 am

They are.
That does not make them evil, however

Negamu be gay, do crime
11/12/19 4:00 am

So you’re fine with being fucked over as long as “their” (the people who line their pockets the best) political views aligns with yours?

Malekithe Hades
11/12/19 4:11 am

First of all they are not all fucking you over.
Secondly, if you are going to get fucked over anyway, it is better that they are not Democrats.
How exactly do you think you are being fucked over?

Negamu be gay, do crime
11/12/19 6:40 am

They and politicians go hand-in-hand to keep themselves rich and in power. Our taxes go up and up and up while they give themselves tax breaks. The middle class is slowly eating itself alive because they have been convinced that the poor sods making less equal to or than minimum wage is to blame for everything wrong in this country rather than the people pulling the strings.

No one makes billions of dollars without stepping on us on the way up.

credo Positive Rights Exist
11/11/19 7:00 pm

No. But the system that allows them to exist while also allowing homelessness and medical bankruptcy to exist is deeply flawed.

badattitude no place like home
11/11/19 10:54 pm

Do you think that will pay for it? We’ve already given out trillions since the war on poverty. Is it better?

credo Positive Rights Exist
11/12/19 8:50 am

It's certainly better than it would have been without the war on poverty.

KellyDimples NJ
11/11/19 6:24 pm

They can be, just as people of any income level can be.

clmcd42 Texas
11/11/19 5:37 pm

Not necessarily, but they certainly shouldn't exist.

badattitude no place like home
11/11/19 10:55 pm

Those poor in Africa think you’re a billionaire. Think about that next time you think someone shouldn’t exist.

clmcd42 Texas
11/12/19 6:51 pm

I'm not telling someone they shouldn't exist. I'm saying they should not be able to amass that much money because we should have high enough taxes on the rich to make it basically impossible.

badattitude no place like home
11/12/19 7:13 pm

Why, what does it do to you personally? Did he take a slice of your pie?

clmcd42 Texas
11/13/19 7:00 am

I know people who are struggling under mountains of student loan debt. There are like half a million homeless people in this country. Medical debt is the number one cause of bankruptcy, despite the fact that just about every other developed nation doesn't even have a concept of "medical bankruptcy". This is not a fair and equitable system, and the fact that billionaires exist is a crime against the country.