BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
11/10/19 4:46 pm

I truly did not care for & rarely watched either of these shows. both in large part due to the theme songs. I absolutely hated both theme songs & did not want to listen to them, so I would turn it as soon as I heard either theme song & this was back in the day when you had to actually go to the console TV to change the channel.

For this reason I saw very little of either show, but at the time Archie Bunker was probably too adult for me to understand & I just saw it as an annoying grouchy old man & the stupidest woman in the world for her wife! I don’t think I ever saw a single frame of Andy Griffith until I was an adult, because I hated the theme song so much!!! The episodes that I have watched as an adult have been cute & entertaining, but not to the point that I want to binge watch the series.

DTinCA 42
11/09/19 9:12 pm

I often think WWAD? (What would Andy do?) Great character. And if course Barney and little Opie when he was cute. Special shout out to Ernest T. Bass!

11/10/19 11:13 am

Barney always cracks me up!

DonWichita Kansas
11/09/19 6:42 pm

I watched both, the "Andy Griffin Show" for homespun humor, but preferred "All in the Family" for the edgy way bigotry was exposed and made fun of.

DonWichita Kansas
11/10/19 2:17 am

Jean Stapleton was magnicant.

JPA1960 Illinois
11/09/19 2:39 pm

Oh memories! The Andy Griffith Show was my favorite.

11/09/19 3:30 pm

My Mom still watches it every weekday at 7 pm.

JPA1960 Illinois
11/09/19 4:01 pm

What station? I didn’t know it was still on.

11/09/19 5:11 pm

She has analog TV and gets MeTV. It’s all classic shows.

JPA1960 Illinois
11/09/19 5:20 pm

I’ll have to check that out.

11/09/19 5:36 pm

The last time I visited we watched Different Strokes and The Jefferson’s.

JPA1960 Illinois
11/09/19 7:43 pm

The Jeffersons is the best! 😊

DonWichita Kansas
11/10/19 2:25 am

MeTV is great for a variety of old shows. We DVR & watch many of the old series.
We get it, sponsored by KAKE-TV, within our Cox Cable.

11/10/19 11:05 am

I didn’t know it was on cable. Interesting

lcamino Florida and Georgia
11/09/19 2:39 pm

Andy Griffith is one of my favorite shows ever. I love Opey!

11/09/19 3:31 pm

I thought Andy was very charming

auntiesamm Orange County CA
11/09/19 11:56 am

Both! It was such a different time.

Radon Parts Unknown
11/09/19 11:42 am

The jokes Norman put into that show would never fly anymore. He and his side only cared about comedy when they didn't have complete control of the mind of America.

Id love to ask Meathead what he thinks about that.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/09/19 11:45 am

The articles I’ve read about the show say that they did that to bring awareness to bigotry in the US.

11/09/19 12:01 pm

“when they didn't have complete control of the mind of America.”

They who?

Radon Parts Unknown
11/09/19 12:13 pm

I'm not at all talking about Archie's comments.

I'm talking about all the jokes. All of them. Even the shit meathead said and did.

clmcd42 Texas
11/09/19 11:37 am

I was a big fan of the Andy Griffith show when I was a kid

Texas1 did not proofread
11/09/19 11:36 am

Archie and my grandfather were two peas in a pod for the most part.

Texas1 did not proofread
11/09/19 12:33 pm

My dad was meathead, my mom a mix of Edith and Gloria. My grandma didn’t really fit into the All in the Family cast... But yeah, my grandfather was a abusive version of Archie.

11/09/19 1:48 pm

I’m sorry to hear that

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/09/19 11:01 am

I watched both The Andy Griffith Show and All in the Family, but my fave was The Andy Griffith Show. Such a more innocent time and life and a good clean show with a single dad that knew what he was doing, instead of the parents they portray on sitcoms now, who are idiots raising brats. You could actually learn how to be a better parent from Andy.

Texas1 did not proofread
11/09/19 11:39 am

I gotta kinda disagree a lil bit, I don’t spend much time in front of the tube, but from the few contemporary shows I’ve sampled, it seems the parents are portrayed as clueless and it’s the kids that have it together... But I’ll admit I can’t give an example of which show I’m referring to as I don’t pay enough attention to them anyways.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/09/19 11:44 am

We’re basically saying the same thing....that the parents are idiots that don’t know how to parent. Kids that are raised that way don’t have it all together. They’re spoiled brats who have been given everything, and don’t know how to work for what they want...to the point that employers are now calling young adults unemployable....and they’ve partly learned it from the demise of tv shows that no longer help parents parent correctly, and instead show them as bumbling idiots raising spoiled brats.

11/09/19 12:09 pm

I don’t connect shows with real life

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/09/19 12:22 pm

I do. TV has been pushing the envelope for decades, influencing us, brainwashing us, changing the values of the American people, leading to immorality and the lack of morals in this country, by pushing liberal ideals.

They’ve gradually eroded traditional marriage, championed divorce, premarital sex, homosexuality, violence, and ridiculed those that believe in Christianity and traditional values. They’re now working on normalizing polyamorous relationships and transgenderism.

...

Texas1 did not proofread
11/09/19 12:27 pm

4JC is correct on that last statement.

11/09/19 1:50 pm

I don’t see shows as anything more than stories tweaked to entertain.

11/09/19 3:32 pm

I hate when you do that. It’s too much.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/09/19 3:41 pm

Just pick a few of them. I post a bunch so people can pick whichever source they trust.

Texas1 did not proofread
11/09/19 3:44 pm

She’s thorough... although 4JC pulls from a segregated information pool sometimes. Not everybody gets Pastors Wife Weekly, so there that... No disrespect intended, I just notice a lot of her links are specialized so to speak.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/09/19 3:56 pm

😂🤣😂 Pastor’s Wife Weekly! I wish there were such a site!

Many times, I post a variety, but for some reason, liberals won’t even read them if I post things from WaPo, NYT, and LA Times that don’t back up their narrative!

As to things like this, and other things that speak to items of interest to Christians, the MSM won’t touch that with a 10 foot pole. You HAVE to post things from Christian sources to find items that are of interest to Christians, sad to say because the MSM no longer cares what Christians think or believe.

11/09/19 5:15 pm

I see it as going way overboard. I Don want to read any of it when it’s pushed on me.

Texas1 did not proofread
11/09/19 9:25 pm

Lol, I’m just poking at you, yanking your chain, whatever you want to call it... Yes you are thorough, and often provide many sources...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
11/09/19 9:36 pm

Thanks, Texas!

DonWichita Kansas
11/10/19 2:41 am

"Pastors' Wife Weekly"
I love that moniker. It is very fitting for 4Jin a positive manner.
🤗