kscott516 November 9th, 2019 2:29pm

There are two ways to lower atmospheric CO2: breathe less or plant more trees. Which makes more sense?

makem Chinese Xinjiang Camp
11/09/19 3:32 pm

Another trillion trees would be a good start. Let's get started.

mac007 Mars
11/09/19 2:28 pm

Don’t worry, be happy!😃👍

ozzy
11/09/19 1:45 pm

I think we are ok. And CO2 is a lagging indicator, not a cause.

makem Chinese Xinjiang Camp
11/09/19 3:32 pm

Deal, but only if I get to choose who lives and who dies. Also I demand a unicorn as a gift.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
11/09/19 3:36 pm

I just want to see the numbers go down, dont need to actually kill people. Just slow down the birth rate/immigration to keep numbers from growing

kscott516 Masks fail
11/09/19 5:19 pm

“Too many people”. That’s not really an answer. The entire world population can fit inside of Texas at a population density of NYC. There’s more than enough room for billions more.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
11/09/19 5:30 pm

I dont mean by what we can actually handle or physically deal with. I'm talking about amount of people and be happy. Ny density where people live on top of each other, built up, is insane to me.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
11/09/19 5:32 pm

I want to see "big cities" that have everything big cities do but without rush hour traffic, long lines, and any of the other things that create time inconveniences.

JulesVerne Live long, and prosper
11/09/19 10:27 pm

Bluerum... let me get this straight. We’re going to reduce the number of people by restricting immigration?

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
11/10/19 6:58 am

My concern is the number of people in america. Dont really care about the rest of the world.

JulesVerne Live long, and prosper
11/10/19 7:28 am

That’s evident. But you made your statement in response to a poll about decreasing atmospheric CO2 levels

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
11/10/19 7:31 am

I was supporting the idea that we need less people on earth overall. Then it became about what "We" need.

JulesVerne Live long, and prosper
11/10/19 7:34 am

Oh, so you do care about the population of the rest of the world?

And when did the scope of the conversation change? I can’t find that in the thread anywhere 😂

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
11/10/19 8:30 am

Only in how it relates to how it effects us here.

centexken Republic of Texas
11/10/19 1:53 pm

Every time I go to town I say there are to many people. Stop moving to Texas damn it.

rons WOKE is sick
11/10/19 2:09 pm

We can stop making GMO food, Ban insecticides and pesticides. Force growing only organic. That would reduce the world population fast.

RatBaby
11/09/19 10:31 am

Or y'know, maybe cut down on the billions of tons of it coming from fossil fuels.

kscott516 Masks fail
11/09/19 10:51 am

Do it organically. There’s no need to tax people to change the behavior.

badattitude no place like home
11/09/19 7:43 pm

Rat. If you get your dumbäss friend Warren to not take away Bill Gates money that he’s using to develop Thorium power, we can get enough cheap clean safe electricity to get all those coal plants to switch. But the Chinese are in her pocket to make poisonous solar cells so she probably won’t budge.

RatBaby
11/09/19 11:26 pm

Literally who said anything about taxes.

kscott516 Masks fail
11/10/19 7:38 am

Well, isn’t carbon credits and higher taxes a big part of the Democrat’s solution?

badattitude no place like home
11/10/19 9:43 am

Exactly. The left, and I believe including Ratty, want to charge everyone a huge amount of taxes to send to Chinese companies for poisonous solar cells. They believe that if we put enough taxes on fossil fuels we’ll just stop using them. Obviously it doesn’t work that way. Poor people cannot afford $100,000 Tesla so they just end up paying a lot more for gas. But if the Democrats would allow billionaires that are investing in clean energy like thorium to replace the coal fired plants then electricity would be a lot cheaper than it is now and people will want to buy an electric car because electricity will almost be free. So market based solutions are obviously the best way to go. I just saw a new battery that will go 1500 miles and is totally recyclable. And two new electric motors that are extremely efficient. Those inventions are because of capitalism not socialism. Taking Bill Gates money and throwing in a black hole will not save us.

rons WOKE is sick
11/10/19 2:10 pm

Rat powers his phone with a hand crank generator,

RatBaby
11/10/19 4:48 pm

Hey Breck, do you like actually pay attention to what people who disagree with you are saying? Literally everyone on "the left" has been talking about investment in clean energy research and development.

RatBaby
11/10/19 5:11 pm

I mean, everyone screams socialism to stop them whenever they try. And what exactly have republicans been doing except denying it's even a concern?

badattitude no place like home
11/10/19 5:17 pm

Not even the “socialist” countries that you love in Europe are even close to doing he things that The Democratic candidates want.

badattitude no place like home
11/10/19 5:51 pm

Rat. When you say investing in clean energy, I’m with you. I just disagree with not investing in thorium power. It’s what will save us. Cheap, safe, clean and abundant. So cheap that the poor will be able to afford electric cars. But the Democratic candidates are against any nuclear power. That’s psychotic.

TK421
11/09/19 8:56 am

My concern is the oceanic acidity and sulfur in the atmosphere.

badattitude no place like home
11/09/19 8:12 am

Grasslands make more CO2 than forests. The grasslands have been depleted by poor farming practices and poor land management by removing large grazing mammals like buffalo and cows. Restoring these grasslands with cows or buffalo will suck all the excess Co2 out of the atmosphere. Problem solved.

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
11/09/19 8:02 am

kscott, Don’t give the DemLefties any ideas on that “kill people for CO2 reduction thing”😱🤫‼️

krazeelkyt Ohio
11/09/19 12:14 pm

They’re already using it as a excuse for abortion. Knowing the left, in time there’s a good chance this becomes radicalized.